+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: D.L. Hughley & Cheryl Burke - Season 16

Re: D.L. Hughley & Cheryl Burke - Season 16

I like DL, I am so hoping he is practicing and practicing allllll week and all weekend long. OR .

Fingers crossed for DL!!!
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by KrazeeKy07 View Post
    ness, my dad is a self-taught drummer...been playing since he was 8 years old...he can pick up a beat upon instantly hearing a song and drum away...but ask that man to get on the dance floor and OMG embarrassing!!! So, I def know what you're talking about!

I really like DL too, but I saw what ness saw, which was a lack of rhythm! When I watched it a second time, it wasn't as bad as I initially thought, but it was like he just never caught the beat!

Maybe it was because he forgot his steps or something...idk....I'd love to see him come back with an amazing quickstep, but I doubt it...

Which is a shame, because I had really high hopes for him because I really, really like him!

Guess we will see Monday! Hope he brings it because like I said, I'd love to see him come back strong.
    KK

You KNEW whereof I spoke!!

Bless your dad's heart! And he's SELF-TAUGHT, too!!!

FANTASTIC!!!!

But isn't it really wild to know that somebody can actually have enough musicality to be able to play an instrument, but not be able to dance a LICK?!

LOLOLOLOL!

So DL has the quickstep, huh?

Well, I hope he actually PRACTICES this week. But even if he practices his butt off, if he can't even hear, feel, or find the beat in the music he's dancing to, seems to me like he's headed downhill straight at a wall with no brakes.

Fingers crossed, but we'll see!
    KrazeeKy07 likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I am not familiar at all with DL and it is interesting to read the comments from those that are familiar with him. I know he didn't do well at all his first week and agree I hope he is practicing like crazy. I am one who believes that a person is born with rhythm and it is not anything that can be taught. I use to dance and remember this one guy who was in class with us and he wanted to learn how to dance in the worse way and I would give him an A+ for effort, but he could never get it. I agree if you can't hear the beat even if you know the steps it never turns out right. I guess we will find out this week whether he has it or not. I wish him well.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I used to teach an aerobics class with really good moves and good music, and there was a guy who seemed soooo challenged, rhythmically, that I couldn't watch him while I was leading the class or he'd throw me off and I'd start laughing, which was rude. IT WAS BAD! He was a faithful member, twice/week and, eventually, he got better and better. Eventually, I had to call him out for his incredible improvement, and the WHOLE class applauded him; they saw it, too. He gave me a shy smile. Yes, it can be done, but it takes determination on the part of the challenged person. I've seen the proof!!

Little kids can be taught rhythm, but it's good to catch them early. I blame the parents, who may be intimidated by their own issues!!
    ness and ilja like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I used to teach an aerobics class with really good moves and good music, and there was a guy who seemed soooo challenged, rhythmically, that I couldn't watch him while I was leading the class or he'd throw me off and I'd start laughing, which was rude. IT WAS BAD! He was a faithful member, twice/week and, eventually, he got better and better. Eventually, I had to call him out for his incredible improvement, and the WHOLE class applauded him; they saw it, too. He gave me a shy smile. Yes, it can be done, but it takes determination on the part of the challenged person. I've seen the proof!!

Little kids can be taught rhythm, but it's good to catch them early. I blame the parents, who may be intimidated by their own issues!!
    Your story nearly made me cry. I did not know that was possible.

I still do not think it will happen with D.L. He will not have enough time.

I agree, nor do I think he has the heart for it.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Cheryl tweeted that she and DL are dancing 11th. As far as dance order goes going near the end of the night is the last impression you have before voting. so it's a good place to be. For DL to get this spot means he probably got aspike in viewership when he danced the first time. If DL is lucky enough to dance a good Quickstep, hopefully that spike in ratings will also mean an increase in his vote count. it doesn't always mean that, but certainly he is one of the more interesting contestants,and people are watching.

I don't like him. I dont care what kind of edit he gets, he isn't going to be here long with his attitude, so he can leave anytime
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

DL was hosed by the judges and the producers with their edits. I think he deserves to stay based on his improvement.

I think DL is more embarrassed than anything else.....in addition to his lack of dance-ability. When people get very embarrassed, I think that can lead to anger and "attitude". I have no idea why he agreed to do this show. I'm sure he knew, from many years back, that dancing was not in his wheelhouse. Why put yoursellf in a very uncomfortable position? I know I sure wouldn't.

One of my favorite saying is, "I am not in denial about WHO I am."

I don't feel I have anything to prove to anybody!

+ Reply to Thread