+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 131
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: D.L. Hughley & Cheryl Burke - Season 16

  1. #121
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    9,947

    Re: D.L. Hughley & Cheryl Burke - Season 16

    Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Yeah, shay, I've always read/clocked Len as the resident curmudgeon/SC of DWTS, too.

    But at some point, pithy comments given in a vitriolic, hurtful manner --- AND THAT ARE USUALLY SPECIFICALLY DIRECTED TOWARD ONE INDIVIDUAL, when there are others whose negative commentary comes out in a gentler, more PC way from the SAME person --- gets BEYOND old.

    I haven't watched AI in YEARS --- LONG since before Simon left --- so I can't honestly say I miss him.
    Constructive criticism is expected and needed. The problem in a nutshell is the pithy comments given in vitriolic, hurtful manner which are not. It appears from reading comments that D.L. is not the only one who does not appreciated them.
    mesachick likes this.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

  2. #122
    Bloomin' FoRT Fanatic! ness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Roseland!
    Posts
    10,065

    Re: D.L. Hughley & Cheryl Burke - Season 16

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    Constructive criticism is expected and needed. The problem in a nutshell is the pithy comments given in vitriolic, hurtful manner which are not. It appears from reading comments that D.L. is not the only one who does not appreciated them.
    Nope, DL isn't the only one.

    Bottom line, and straight up:

    Len does NOT need to be, and does not HAVE to be, the a$$hole to DL that he IS being, and HAS been.

    Does THAT cover it and get the general point across, maybe?
    Need40winks and mesachick like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

  3. #123
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    9,947

    Re: D.L. Hughley & Cheryl Burke - Season 16

    Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Nope, DL isn't the only one.

    Bottom line, and straight up:

    Len does NOT need to be, and does not HAVE to be, the a$$hole to DL that he IS being, and HAS been.

    Does THAT cover it and get the general point across, maybe?
    I understood what was happening in this particular scenario a couple of weeks ago; I just thought your wording was perfect, so I thought I would borrow your words and throw my thoughts in on top of them. Carry on!
    ness likes this.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

  4. #124
    FORT Fogey EnglishCadbury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    900

    Re: D.L. Hughley & Cheryl Burke - Season 16

    Very happy to find DL safe for another week. This week I thought he improved and its good the protest vote didn't leave but turned into a positive for him.

  5. #125
    Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Just south of Hollywood
    Posts
    1,616

    Re: D.L. Hughley & Cheryl Burke - Season 16

    DL was very improved this week - and (thankfully) the judges told him so. DL still looked cranky though, even when the judges were praising him.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

  6. #126
    FORT Fanatic Oceansands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    666

    Re: D.L. Hughley & Cheryl Burke - Season 16

    It would be more fun watching if the bad celebrity dancers were given more of a chance to improve. Before they get a chance to improve they are voted off. DL has improved a lot and seems to listen to constructive advise from the judges. He gets mad and seems disgusted at put downs (anyone would). The best dancers don't have to improve much as they are good to begin with. To me, it would be more fun to see how much a poor dancer improves than see a great dancer stay in because they were great from day one. I love to watch great dancers, but also love to see improvement from poor dancers.

  7. #127
    FORT Fogey ilja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,745

    Re: D.L. Hughley & Cheryl Burke - Season 16

    Quote Originally Posted by Oceansands View Post
    It would be more fun watching if the bad celebrity dancers were given more of a chance to improve. Before they get a chance to improve they are voted off. DL has improved a lot and seems to listen to constructive advise from the judges. He gets mad and seems disgusted at put downs (anyone would). The best dancers don't have to improve much as they are good to begin with. To me, it would be more fun to see how much a poor dancer improves than see a great dancer stay in because they were great from day one. I love to watch great dancers, but also love to see improvement from poor dancers.
    Now that's a theme I would love to see. Dancing with the Stars Beginners Only!
    prhoshay likes this.

  8. #128
    from sky to fire fireflyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,347

    Re: D.L. Hughley & Cheryl Burke - Season 16

    Actually I had thought these competitions WERE SUPPOSED TO BE beginners only.
    But then people like Pickler took lessons for years, just so they could come onto the show and excel. Not cool.

  9. #129
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,130

    Re: D.L. Hughley & Cheryl Burke - Season 16

    She took lessons in anticipation of coming on this show??? She looks like her training went back to her childhood days, at the very least, unless she just has a natural talent for dance. She is really amazing.

    My poor D.L. doesn't even look like he even went to any house parties or school dances! He looks more like he was one of the goofy guys who just stood upside the wall and made fun of everybody else....or just sat at the table.

    I'm glad he's starting to see that he actually can do a little bit more than he thought.
    ness likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  10. #130
    Bloomin' FoRT Fanatic! ness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Roseland!
    Posts
    10,065

    Re: D.L. Hughley & Cheryl Burke - Season 16

    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    She took lessons in anticipation of coming on this show??? She looks like her training went back to her childhood days, at the very least, unless she just has a natural talent for dance. She is really amazing.

    My poor D.L. doesn't even look like he even went to any house parties or school dances! He looks more like he was one of the goofy guys who just stood upside the wall and made fun of everybody else....or just sat at the table.

    I'm glad he's starting to see that he actually can do a little bit more than he thought.
    shay . . .

    I cracked up when I read what I've bolded of your post. Cracked up laughing WITH you about that, because it's SO true! I DO suspect that he was one of the goofy sidelines guys, IF he attended any dances/parties at ALL. And perhaps, having made his mark as a comedian of note, to come back to being a sort of sidelines guy here --- AND get dragged through the mud for it, too --- is bringing back a few dark high school days for him.

    I'm cheering him on, too! I think it was and is a real revelation for him that people out here are willing to be patient and give him his fair shot (as long as he appears to be TRYING), and he appreciates that more than any words could ever say, I bet.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.