+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Dorothy Hamill & Tristan MacManus - Season 16

Re: Dorothy Hamill & Tristan MacManus - Season 16

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I also love Dorothy and don't want to see her injuries worsen. However, she is a professional world class athlete, so I don't think her work ethic will allow her to bow out unless her condition absolutely mandates it. I'd love to see more of her dancing, but mostly I just wish her the best.
    If she did drop out, I wonder if tonight would be a non elimination night.
    I hope she stays- I think her scores will be higher than she thinks
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Dorothy Hamill & Tristan MacManus - Season 16

Obviously she has to do what's best for her, but I'd hate to see her drop out. She's the one star who I've come to really root for, because of her positive attitude and humility. She probably won't end up in the finals anyway, but without her presence, the rest of the roster seems so "eh".
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

She made me love her when she was a child and has now made me love her again as an adult. While I would prefer to see her stay around awhile, I don't want her to hurt herself even more if she needs to go now. I just hope for the best for sweet Dorothy. She is really one special lady.
    angelic_one2002 and Photobabe like this.

I also love Dorothy and don't want to see her injuries worsen. However, she is a professional world class athlete, so I don't think her work ethic will allow her to bow out unless her condition absolutely mandates it. I'd love to see more of her dancing, but mostly I just wish her the best.
    Oh, sure, Florimel . . .

Having watched Dorothy over the years, I absolutely agree with what you've said.

No, unless the doctors tell her otherwise, she's NOT going anywhere. Obviously (I think), she'd been given some sort of pain meds/steroids that allowed her to go on last night. Remember when Tom (?), asked her how she was doing, and she replied that she couldn't feel anything? That's why I think she may've been given something --- a shot? --- to get through last night's performance.

But, no, again, having watched her over the years, I KNOW she's a proud, professional world-class athlete, still. And, no, she WOULD not back down from a performance (challenge) easily, lightly, or cavalierly.

After all, you DON'T win an Olympic Gold Medal WITHOUT having that sort of steel and work ethic embedded deep within you.

However, I'd still rather put up with DL than to see her stick around and possibly injure herself very badly, perhaps.

Most likely, after last night, she's spent the day with her doctors today. If she's been told she needs to pack it in, then it's a pretty safe bet that she'll do so. If that's the case, I'll miss her on the show, but I'd feel better because she'd be doing what she needs to do to take care of herself, on medical advice.

STAY OR GO, WE LOVE YOU, DOROTHY!

Florimel and ilja like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

STAY OR GO, WE LOVE YOU, DOROTHY
    Well said ness.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

She performed poorly because of her condition, pain, and lack of practice. She was so very gracious during that judgmental drubbing. However, if her condition persists with the same ensuing consequences, for her sake I would rather see her drop out. That had to be inwardly mortifying to someone with her work ethic.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Kristi was younger, as we age we fear more.
    Which has absolutely nothing to do with balance. She's dancing for goodness sake, not walking a tightrope 5 feet above ground. I have always been a fan of Dorothy, but I don't buy this balance excuse. And now she has some kind of injury this week. I thought she danced better this week than last.
    Shoepie likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Which has absolutely nothing to do with balance. She's dancing for goodness sake, not walking a tightrope 5 feet above ground. I have always been a fan of Dorothy, but I don't buy this balance excuse. And now she has some kind of injury this week. I thought she danced better this week than last.
    Well, I guess we differ( again)
    -Andy Rooney-

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Well, crud. Take care of yourself Dorothy.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Kristi was younger, as we age we fear more.
    That's because we have more to lose.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread