+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Dorothy Hamill & Tristan MacManus - Season 16

FORT Fogey

Re: Dorothy Hamill & Tristan MacManus - Season 16

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad View Post
    As a skater I can relate to Dorothy's comments. Skaters always balance on a slightly bent knee with their foot flat. Dancers balance in a much more upright posture with the weight over the ball of the foot. It is different. Kristi just got used to the transition extraordinarily quickly, but even she commented on the difference during her competitive season. I predict that Dorothy will get better as the season progresses. She has excellent core strength - cancer notwithstanding - and her upper body posture and elegance will keep her in it until she figures out her balance point.

Thank you for your analysis. Please hang in there with us and continue letting us enjoy benefitting from your expertise.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad View Post
    As a skater I can relate to Dorothy's comments. Skaters always balance on a slightly bent knee with their foot flat. Dancers balance in a much more upright posture with the weight over the ball of the foot. It is different. Kristi just got used to the transition extraordinarily quickly, but even she commented on the difference during her competitive season. I predict that Dorothy will get better as the season progresses. She has excellent core strength - cancer notwithstanding - and her upper body posture and elegance will keep her in it until she figures out her balance point.
    I agree; I think she is going to do very well when she gets this.

FORT Fan

It's very helpful having such knowledgeable people posting here. Keep up the informative posts with my thanks for the help in understanding what's going on and why.
    ilja likes this.

I have always admired and appreciated Dorothy, so I hope she'll stay on a good while. Plus, Tristan has probably become my favorite male dancer so that would be a bonus! Much as I loved Maks' smoldering sexiness, I like Tristan's personality more.
    ilja likes this.

FORT Fogey

I would not be surprised to see her drop out because of her injuries. Cyst on her spine and ankle problems just do not bode well for her longevity.

I agree Shoepie and I really like her. I too thought she was going to fall when she went under Tristan( Len said that) if she wants to stay in I think she has a good fan base, but if she is hurting this badly, I hope she doesn't - for her sake
    BTW likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Apparently her interview with George at ABC Channel 7 alludes to the fact that they will have to consult with the doctor to see if she can continue. That wasn't bad dancing that was an injury that she just couldn't shake.

And TV Guide picked up the story. I think there's a real possiblity that Dorothy may drop out, and that's heartbreaking I'm sure for her and Tristan. She was the real reason I was watching this season, but if she's in pain there's really not much people can do.
    angelic_one2002 likes this.

Count me in with those that feel Dorothy should/might be about to bow out.

I just LOVE her.

NO show is worth her being in pain and worsening whatever her injuries are, though.

Frankly, I'd rather put up with at least another week of DL and his boorishness (partially/mostly due to HIS not doing what he SHOULD'VE the first week, I think) than to see Dorothy chase an MBT that she most likely wouldn't've won, anyway.

I REALLY don't want to see Dorothy hurt.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I also love Dorothy and don't want to see her injuries worsen. However, she is a professional world class athlete, so I don't think her work ethic will allow her to bow out unless her condition absolutely mandates it. I'd love to see more of her dancing, but mostly I just wish her the best.
    angelic_one2002 likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread