+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Jacoby Jones & Karina Smirnoff - Season 16

Jacoby Jones & Karina Smirnoff - Season 16

Jacoby Jones
    Season 16

Pro: Karina Smirnoff

Jacoby Jones is a professional football player for the 2013 Super Bowl Champions Baltimore Ravens. Jones began his professional career after being drafted by the Houston Texans in 2009 and was signed by the Baltimore Ravens in 2012.

Career highlights include matching an NFL record with a 108-yard kickoff return for a touchdown. Jones is also the first Raven to post multiple kickoff returns for a touchdown in one season and is the current record holder for the longest touchdown at the Super Bowl. Career honors include AFC Special Teams Player of the Week, AFC Special Teams Player of the Month, the Associated Press first-team All-Pro and the PFW/PFWA first team All-Pro.

Jones was recently featured on the cover of Sports Illustrated.

Meet the Cast - Dancing With The Stars 16 at ABC.com
    Official likes this.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Jacoby Jones & Karina Smirnoff - Season 16

I could have done without Karina this season as well, but she does do amazing choroegraphy that always comes off as fun, fresh, and exciting. Unlike other long time female pros who've gotten stale and repetitive.

I expect Jacoby to either take the whole thing or, at worst, finish in 4th. Football players have a dedicated following.
    Official likes this.

Karina IS one hell of a choreo.

And she's become softer, more human the past two or so seasons, so I'm OK with her being back.

Jacoby?

We'll see what she does with him.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I saw Karina on Celeberty Ghost Stories. Her story wasn't too exciting but she looked really beautiful and came across very well. I haven't cared much for her on the show but after watching her interview I am softening up to her.

I started softening up to Karina in the past two, three seasons.

When she first came on, I absolutely despised her for several seasons because she came across SO hard, unyielding and childish when she didn't win/didn't get the criticism or scores that she thought she deserved. She would pout, puff out air, cross her arms and slam them across her midsection, etc. And pretty as she is, there was absolutely NOTHING inviting about her then. I don't know if cultural differences might've played a part in that, or not, but every time she came up on my screen (at that point) I just thought: "Ewwww!"

I don't know if it's the ups and downs of her love life, TPTB taking her aside for a little "come to Jesus" talk, or her just reviewing tapes of shows where she came across as such a ballbreaking hellion that finally got through to her.

But I'm very glad that SOMETHING finally did, because I find that I like her a lot and root for her now. Whereas before, I wouldn't've cared if she dropped and died. Didn't matter HOW fantastic she was at choreography.

I REALLY want to see what she comes up with choreographically this go-round.
    ilja likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Karina IS one hell of a choreo.

And she's become softer, more human the past two or so seasons, so I'm OK with her being back.

Jacoby?

We'll see what she does with him.
    I like her, him- I have no clue who he is. But lets see what she does
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I like her, him- I have no clue who he is. But lets see what she does
    I've no clue who he is, either, which is why my posts in this particular thread are all skewed toward Karina.

He us this year's NFLer. Plays for the Baltimore Ravens, defense I think. The Ravens aren't one of my favorite teams so I'm not sure what position he plays.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Thanks for the info, Flo!

Glad Karina's back, but I really miss her acerbic petulance - she amused me. Now she's becoming the sort of bland, smiling pudding of a woman approved of by the easily offended.

This is the first time I've been glad to see a football player. I don't watch football and have never seen a Superbowl, but this year, because I had a bet with someone at work, I tuned in just in time to see him run that truly awesome, even to the uninitiated, kick return. I won the coveted Red Bull, for what it's worth.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast