+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Jacoby Jones & Karina Smirnoff - Season 16

Re: Jacoby Jones & Karina Smirnoff - Season 16

Oh I am a big-time football fan ever since my crush on the football player that used to sit in front of me in 10th grade math.
    ness likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    Oh I am a big-time football fan ever since my crush on the football player that used to sit in front of me in 10th grade math.
    I love football, I also love dance.
    Florimel and ilja like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I love football, I also love dance.
    So do I. I'm not a Baltimore fan, so all I really knew about Jacoby Jones was that he has a very good super bowl appearance. I don't know if he's arrogant or fun-loving or hasn't developed an off field personality yet, but what I don't like is over aggressive media people, which seems to be the norm now. Sports and entertainment people owe their fans their best performance and maybe a little interview information, but they don't owe us constant intrusion into their lives. I've always admired the ones who have managed to keep their personal lives private. JMO.
    ness likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Well, this week the apparent arrogance seemed to go away. He did great & I was so glad that he & Karina got the Encore Dance.

I think maybe he's realizing how difficult this is & will continue to only get moreso as we get closer to the end. I think a lot of the contestants think this will be easy & a fun break. The guy obviously knows about crunch time & how to get down to business & concentrate & work hard. His football career shows that.

That's the important part. If you can throw ego out the window when you need to, that's what counts.
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    Well, this week the apparent arrogance seemed to go away. He did great & I was so glad that he & Karina got the Encore Dance.
    I think maybe he's realizing how difficult this is & will continue to only get moreso as we get closer to the end. I think a lot of the contestants think this will be easy & a fun break. The guy obviously knows about crunch time & how to get down to business & concentrate & work hard. His football career shows that.

That's the important part. If you can throw ego out the window when you need to, that's what counts.
    I was so happy that Jacoby and Karina were given the Encore Dance and thought he did a great job.

It was a great uplifting number and after what happened in Boston earlier on performance day I know seeing them doing this great jive to Little Richard's "Long Tall Sally" doing kicks, flicks, and splits definitely lifted my spirits. I like it when they give different couples a chance to show off what they all have worked so hard to do each and every week.

I also live about 80 miles from Boston and have spent so much time there since a child all the way to being a grandmother today. Have taken first my son and now my grandchildren there to Fenway Park to see the Red Sox play and Boston Garden for the Celtics. Have gone there just for shopping or at the great Faneuil Hall Marketplace which is an experience in itself. To think of the tragedy that took place was just horrific and very saddening. Didn't get a chance to post on performance day, but for me watching Jacoby and Karina dance truly made me feel better and brought a smile to my face.

I know everyone has different favorites which is normal and this week there were some great dances done to choose from. Since Jacoby and Karina had yet to perform one I was happy because it was a fun number to watch.

Jacoby has those great loose bandy legs and when he popped down and up into the splits. Loved it!!!

I know he is pigeon-toed, but that is part of certain people's DNA. I learned something when he and Karina did the Red Carpet that I never knew before and that was that the fastest people in the world are pigeon-toed. Some are bow legged as well and Jacoby said he was slightly bow legged. It's no wonder Jacoby said: "I try my best to point my toes, but God made my feet like this for a reason." Karina even said she has pulled his toes to see if I can get him to point them, but "it is what it is." She said their job was to do the best they can to work what what they have to work with.

I know he is pigeon-toed, but that is part of certain people's DNA. I learned something when he and Karina did the Red Carpet that I never knew before and that was that the fastest people in the world are pigeon-toed. Some are bow legged as well and Jacoby said he was slightly bow legged. It's no wonder Jacoby said: "I try my best to point my toes, but God made my feet like this for a reason." Karina even said she has pulled his toes to see if I can get him to point them, but "it is what it is." She said their job was to do the best they can to work what what they have to work with.
    That's interesting. Wasn't there someone else on this show they kept pointing out ( so to speak) that was pigeon toed
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    That's interesting. Wasn't there someone else on this show they kept pointing out ( so to speak) that was pigeon toed
    FM Could have been, but I am not remembering who. Maybe another football player?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    FM Could have been, but I am not remembering who. Maybe another football player?
    Apolo Ohno had pigeon toes, it was noticeable on his first Jive and on the Mambo, Len called them "sickle feet" because the toes and legs pointed inward instead of straight out. Apolo was determined to make it right. By the time they got to the "push it" Cha Cha the feet were corrected and he went on to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    For some reason I thought it was a female.
    -Andy Rooney-

Way to go team jacoby/karina! I live in baltimore, im a ravens fan, and you guys are the most entertaining dancers this season so of course for all these reasons you have all of my votes, hope you take home the trophy!!

+ Reply to Thread