+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Jacoby Jones & Karina Smirnoff - Season 16

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Re: Jacoby Jones & Karina Smirnoff - Season 16

Would you please not remind me about his touchdown. Very sore subject for this 49er fan.

I mentioned in the Recap Show thread that I noticed on the second go around that he is pigeon toed. That may be all right for latin, but I wonder if it will hinder his waltzing ability. Also those weird faces he made during judging...I couldn't tell if he was exhausted, in pain or something else. Hopefully, my prejudice will melt away and he'll perform to where I can applaud him.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

Does anybody know what kind of knee surgery he had? I'm not discounting that he could be in pain etc., but I would think that it would have to be something relatively minor if he thought it was okay to go ahead and be on DWTS shortly after having it. I just can't see someone risking further injury that might possibly interfere with his football career just to win a tacky mirror ball trophy, especially since they'd probably be fine with rescheduling him for a later season if he had to drop out due to a medical situation.

FORT Fogey

I thought he was fun to watch. This was the very first dance, and he had all of that hip movement going on even if the dance wasn't technically correct. Watching it without prior knowlege, I would have been hard pressed to believe he had only one week to rehearse and that with a knee injury.
    Now granted, his posture needs work, and his feet were too loose, but I figure if he can't pull his shoulders back on his own, Karina will get out that torture stick that others have used and make him dance with that. Certainly, he has been through worse in summer heat in football practice, though. He is used to some torture.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Photobabe View Post
    I HAVE to root for Jacoby. On the opening kickoff for the second half of the Superbowl Jacoby caught the ball and ran 108 yards for a touchdown. As a Ravens fan, I have no choice but to root hard for him!
    That's a ditto from me.

What a game that was!

I hope he gets his hunching problem fixed quickly because I love to watch him move.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Does anybody know what kind of knee surgery he had? I'm not discounting that he could be in pain etc., but I would think that it would have to be something relatively minor if he thought it was okay to go ahead and be on DWTS shortly after having it. I just can't see someone risking further injury that might possibly interfere with his football career just to win a tacky mirror ball trophy, especially since they'd probably be fine with rescheduling him for a later season if he had to drop out due to a medical situation.
    Yes, it was minor as they just called it a cleanup procedure and cleared him for doing DWTS.

FORT Fan

I'm glad it was minor but "OUCH!" anyway.
    Jaceegirl likes this.

Boy , I never chose this team( dang) . I am tired of football players, but this guy is quite good. I love how big he is, and how little Karina is, and yet she kicks his @ss. This team are contenders.Their routine was fun.
    RBmumsie likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

He was much better this week in terms of his attitude and this type of dancing where he really doesn't have to worry about rules was tailor made for him. He was a lot of fun in a Warren Sapp kind of way.
    Jaceegirl likes this.

I loved Jacoby and Karina's routine last night. They just put a big smile on my face and it was fun to watch. Loved the package with the little kids and I thought he was adorable with them.
    ness likes this.

I thought the kids helped to show his humility which he really needed to show.

+ Reply to Thread