+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: Kellie Pickler & Derek Hough - Season 16

Re: Kellie Pickler & Derek Hough - Season 16

Well, I think we answered the question about breast implants last night.

They're still styling her hair horribly. There are plenty of actresses and singers out there with short hair like that and they aren't styling their hair like that. It really ages her. She's so young and cute. You'd think someone would do something about that hairstyle. Look at Charlize Theron. She looks so fab and sexy with short hair. Maybe the key is to now over-style it. Kellie's hair looks positively crispy.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Well, I think we answered the question about breast implants last night.

They're still styling her hair horribly. There are plenty of actresses and singers out there with short hair like that and they aren't styling their hair like that. It really ages her. She's so young and cute. You'd think someone would do something about that hairstyle. Look at Charlize Theron. She looks so fab and sexy with short hair. Maybe the key is to now over-style it. Kellie's hair looks positively crispy.
    After having it shaved in supporting her friend with cancer, she is trying to let it grow again. I hope its not too long, she suits this style. But her body( waist. legs etc) is to die for.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I thought the "crispy" is because it's heavily sprayed so it stays in place.

lI just googled celebrity pixie cuts ...very trendy now ... and there is an abundance of images. I like Kiera Knightley's.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    I thought the "crispy" is because it's heavily sprayed so it stays in place.

lI just goggled celebrity pixie cuts ...very trendy now ... and there is an abundance of images. I like Kiera Knightley's.
    I thought she had that styling putty at the front( to make it piecey looking) I loved it. As someone else posted its only hair.
    -Andy Rooney-

I strongly suspect that Derek has it in his contract that he always gets a partner who can be expected to be a contender.
    Critical likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Well he definitely has one in Kellie .Various forums are talking about these two!
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I strongly suspect that Derek has it in his contract that he always gets a partner who can be expected to be a contender.
    It's rather off putting. I've rooted for Derek before, but this is getting to be a bit much. I'd much rather see a new pro like Val or Tristan take this. Val is proving to be a better choreographer than Hough. And Sharna Burgess is positivity excellent.

I know why Kellie cut her hair and I think that's lovely. I just take issue with the styling, which makes her look old and dated. No way there was just a little styling wax. It looked like it was bullet-proof. There's a picture online somewhere of Tammy Wynette with nearly the exact same hairdo.....when she was probably 60.

I'd root for Derek more if he EVER got a partner that wasn't an instant contender for the finals by week 2. He's a good choreographer, but he's never been challenged the way some of the other pros have been. Poor Tony has been saddled with crappy partner after crappy partner. Melissa was his only really good one. Once Derek gets a partner on the level of a Wynonna Judd or Cloris Leachman (or Kirstie Alley!) and gets THEM to the finals, then I'll have more admiration for him.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was some sort of rule (in a contract or not) that Derek always gets a good partner. He has NEVER gotten a bad partner. They're always young and cute and, in general, come to him with dance experience. I can't imagine that the other pros don't get really annoyed by the iniquity.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Mellisa Rycroft choose these two to win.She likes Val/Zen and Jacoby.But she think Kellie and Derek have connected with the audience.I guess we will see I am in awe of his choreography - I wish he would do something on SYTYCD.
    -Andy Rooney-

I am torn when it comes to Derek and his great partners. There is a part of me that understands why he always gets folks who are good enough for his fantastic choreography but there is another part of me that would like to see him have to teach someone from scratch how to dance.

I almost wish at this point that his job was assistant choreographer for everyone there and especially those without much experience in it. In that way, he might be able to help other pros to learn his best skill as well and we might see some different winners.

+ Reply to Thread