+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 166
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: Kellie Pickler & Derek Hough - Season 16

  1. #41
    FORT Fogey EnglishCadbury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    900

    Re: Kellie Pickler & Derek Hough - Season 16

    My problem with Kellie is she has taken professional dance training from the Roystons and doesn't own up to it. Her dancing so far has been about her flexibility and lines- something that she gets from her gymnastics days, but there is very little footwork.

  2. #42
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22,074

    Re: Kellie Pickler & Derek Hough - Season 16

    Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan55 View Post
    Huh? Hey now! I resemble that remark!

    I didn't see the show, but I gather we're talking about a pixie cut...?
    I saw it made famous by a very young Twiggy (yes, I'm in my late 50s), but it continues to show up on women of all ages (Charlize Theron, Sienna Miller, Michelle Williams, Rihanna, Halle Berry, Pink, Natalie Portman, etc., etc., ...) and those girls are gawwwwwwgeous!

    [B]To me, it's all about feeling confident in your style [/B]and rocking it from within.
    That's what its really about.I loved her hair last night . I loved it when I had my hair that short, so little to worry about.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  3. #43
    To the Point
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    2,553

    Re: Kellie Pickler & Derek Hough - Season 16

    Quote Originally Posted by EnglishCadbury View Post
    My problem with Kellie is she has taken professional dance training from the Roystons and doesn't own up to it. Her dancing so far has been about her flexibility and lines- something that she gets from her gymnastics days, but there is very little footwork.
    I've tried to find information on her actually taking dance with them and all I can find indicates that they have done Choreography for her shows. They have also worked with artists like Brooks and Dunn, Rascal Flatts, Carrie Underwood, SugarLand, and Taylor Swift.

    That is not the same as taking dance from them. I suspect just about any professional musician has worked with some choreographers at some point. And who cares that she did gymnastics as a young person, plenty of people have. If we eliminate everyone who has ever attempted dance, gymnastics, etc. in their youth then there were would be a very small number of people who qualify.
    Last edited by NCLurker; 03-26-2013 at 10:18 AM.
    Need40winks and Jaceegirl like this.

  4. #44
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22,074

    Re: Kellie Pickler & Derek Hough - Season 16

    Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    I've tried to find information on her actually taking dance with them and all I can find indicates that they have done Choreography for her shows. They have also worked with artists like Brooks and Dunn, Rascal Flatts, Carrie Underwood, SugarLand, and Taylor Swift.

    That is not the same as taking dance from them.
    Same here.That's all I could find. Oh well, I know what and who I enjoy and these two are great! for me
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  5. #45
    FORT Fogey EnglishCadbury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    900

    Re: Kellie Pickler & Derek Hough - Season 16

    Well it's a wonder, because all she's done so far is "bendy"choreography, something the Roystons would have definitely taught, since they are Caberet champs... but she hasn't danced many actual ballroom steps.
    Last edited by EnglishCadbury; 03-26-2013 at 10:28 AM.

  6. #46
    FORT Fogey Jaceegirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,225

    Re: Kellie Pickler & Derek Hough - Season 16

    Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    That dance was much more about her lines than it was about her footwork anyway. The girl has fabulous lines. Last week she showed that her footwork isn't bad either.

    I am just so amazed at what we are getting from her. I guess because she can be such a ditz (which is part of why I love her....she acknowledges it) that I didn't have high expectations.
    I agree and think Kellie will definitely be in top 3. Hope you didn't think I was putting her down for having some dance lessons back in high school. I just thought that may be why people were saying she had danced before. I think lots of people have danced at some point in their life and certainly would not hold that against them. I think even Lisa said she had danced before, but it was thirty years ago. The fact that I learned she has a python surprised me more than anything.

    I thoroughly enjoyed Kellie and Derek's dance last night and feel she has natural ability. She is such a fun person and look forward to many more weeks with her.
    Shoepie and Fanny Mare like this.

  7. #47
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22,074

    Re: Kellie Pickler & Derek Hough - Season 16

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    I agree and think Kellie will definitely be in top 3. Hope you didn't think I was putting her down for having some dance lessons back in high school. I just thought that may be why people were saying she had danced before. I think lots of people have danced at some point in their life and certainly would not hold that against them. I think even Lisa said she had danced before, but it was thirty years ago. The fact that I learned she has a python surprised me more than anything.

    I thoroughly enjoyed Kellie and Derek's dance last night and feel she has natural ability. She is such a fun person and look forward to many more weeks with her.
    Oh, she has a python. I thought it was her boots that were python. ( sorry)
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  8. #48
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: Kellie Pickler & Derek Hough - Season 16

    Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Please don't flame me, y'all . . .

    But, ya know what?

    I would much, MUCH rather see Kellie's hair styled the way it was done, than to see her with one of those 10-cent DWTS wigs slapped on in an effort to make her resemble a country Rapunzle, or something.

    JMHO.
    I don't like either. The stylists on this show don't do a good job with the hair. I like it when they wear a cute wig that goes with the dance, like a short bob with bangs. Dorothy's hair was horrendous last night too. And Wynona's looks from head to toe are a train wreck.

  9. #49
    FORT Aficionado echo226's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Stuck in the Middle
    Posts
    8,645

    Re: Kellie Pickler & Derek Hough - Season 16

    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Oh, she has a python. I thought it was her boots that were python. ( sorry)
    Her pet python's name is boots. I think that is clever and funny!
    Let the snake (and maybe Derek) know who is boss and the outcome if they misbehave!
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

    " The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

  10. #50
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22,074

    Re: Kellie Pickler & Derek Hough - Season 16

    Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Her pet python's name is boots. I think that is clever and funny!
    Let the snake ( and maybe Derek) knowho is boss and the outcome if they misbehave!
    LOL! yes I was just told. I think she is spitfire! love to watch her.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.