+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: Kellie Pickler & Derek Hough - Season 16

Re: Kellie Pickler & Derek Hough - Season 16

Wow, did she have work done? Her face looks different....and not good different.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Wow, did she have work done? Her face looks different....and not good different.
    She was on The View and her face looked normal,. I love her pixie haircut.

( nothing like the picture above)
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    There is really cute interview of her and Derek. He's starting to sound like her. I know what that's like, if I am around someone with an accent, I lose this one
    I didn't see the interview you mentioned, but I remember from AI.

I know North Caroliners have some southern accent ... but I never knew it was so pronounced.

She is adorable.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    I didn't see the interview you mentioned, but I remember from AI.

I know North Caroliners have some southern accent ... but I never knew it was so pronounced.

She is adorable.
    The accents in NC are quite varied depending on which part of the state you are from. Those from cities like Raleigh and Charlotte, are usually not so pronounced. AND a lot of kids attend school with kids and teachers from all over and they often pick up those non-southern accents.

I like Kellie, but think she over exaggerates her accent on purpose. But, that's okay. It's her trademark.

So last season Derek gave two reasons why he couldn't do another season. He needed some extensive medical work done on his neck for a recurring injury, and he was starting a new dance troup.

What happened to both of those things?

I'm happy to see him back because of his excellent choreography, but I'd like to know that those other reasons were real (not just a ploy for higher salary), and how they got resolved.

I don't think she has had work done on her face. I think it's the haircut. She shaved her head for cancer awareness and it is growing out now. I think it has made her look totally different.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

To the Point

I don't think that picture even looks like Kellie, well it does and it doesn't. Actually, I think most of the pictures this year are just weird looking. Maybe they just did way too much airbrushing. I've seen Kellie interviewed several times and she does not look that "manufactured".

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
    So last season Derek gave two reasons why he couldn't do another season. He needed some extensive medical work done on his neck for a recurring injury, and he was starting a new dance troup.

What happened to both of those things?

I'm happy to see him back because of his excellent choreography, but I'd like to know that those other reasons were real (not just a ploy for higher salary), and how they got resolved.
    He addressed one of your question in his blog I don't think its all about the money, his net worth is 3 million.

I think he loves to dance , I don't see him winning with Kellie, but they will give it a very good try
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    The accents in NC are quite varied depending on which part of the state you are from. Those from cities like Raleigh and Charlotte, are usually not so pronounced. AND a lot of kids attend school with kids and teachers from all over and they often pick up those non-southern accents.I like Kellie, but think she over exaggerates her accent on purpose. But, that's okay. It's her trademark.
    You are right about this. I live in Charlotte and most of us don't speak like Kellie. She comes from a little town about 45 minutes from Charlotte (Albemarle) and it has more of a country/small town feel to it. However, most Southerners, when we want to, can exaggerate that accent and I think Kellie does it to be funny.
    inthegarden, ilja and Debb70 like this.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    I don't think that picture even looks like Kellie, well it does and it doesn't. Actually, I think most of the pictures this year are just weird looking. Maybe they just did way too much airbrushing. I've seen Kellie interviewed several times and she does not look that "manufactured".
    Me either! I do like her short hair. I think it looks cute and fits her personality.
    To me, she looks like Tammy Wynette did in later years when she cut her hair short and maybe(?) had "work" done.
    I thought Kellie did a good job.
    Derek always seems to get the feisty ones.
    Last edited by inthegarden; 03-19-2013 at 01:33 PM.

+ Reply to Thread