+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Lisa Vanderpump & Gleb Savchenko - Season 16

Lisa Vanderpump & Gleb Savchenko - Season 16

Lisa Vanderpump
    Season 16

Pro: Gleb Savchenko

Hailing from London, restaurateur, designer, author, philanthropist, producer and television personality Lisa Vanderpump moved to the United States eight years ago.

Vanderpump is best known for The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, which she joined in 2010. In 2013, Bravo launched Vanderpump’s own reality television show, Vanderpump Rules, exploring the intricacies of owning SUR, a sexy, unique restaurant in West Hollywood. The show follows Vanderpump as she balances her motherly instincts with a shrewd business sense while keeping the passionate and volatile staff at her West Hollywood restaurant in line.

After years as a restaurateur, Vanderpump showcased her passion for food, decor and lifestyle in her bestselling book, Simply Divine: A Guide to Easy, Elegant and Affordable Entertaining. Vanderpump serves as a Contributor to Beverly Hills Lifestyle magazine.

She lives in Beverly Hills with her husband Ken Todd and their four dogs. They have two grown children, Pandora and Maxfield.

Meet the Cast - Dancing With The Stars 16 at ABC.com

Re: Lisa Vanderpump & Gleb Savchenko - Season 16

I wish there ws a bigger picture of Gleb Savchenko
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I had to Google to find it -- ABC's website had a placeholder on his page (they're fools, he's hot!)
    karalott likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    I had to Google to find it -- ABC's website had a placeholder on his page (they're fools, he's hot!)
    I know, very hot!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I plan to support Lisa. I do have to cast some votes for Kellie though, since she's from my home state. (NC)

FORT Fan

I had never heard of Lisa and I found her attempting to tell Gleb what to do discouraging and destructive in the Nancy Grace mode.

On the other hand Gleb can appear on my tv anytime and dance all by himself. I fear we're going to lose him sooner rather than later. I'd love to see him with someone who can dance.

My apologies to Lisa's many fans.
    BTW likes this.

I didn't have much of an opinion about her either way. I hate the RH shows, so I don't watch them. I've seen a bit of her on her Bravo show, but that's it. I was turned off by how she reacted to Gleb. It's freaking ballroom dancing. Did she think they were not going to be touching? Jeez. Maybe she was trying to be funny, but she came off as controlling and rigid.

I don't care how cute Giggy is.....and I'm not really a fan of clothing on dogs. I won't be sad or surprised if she's the first to go. She doesn't seem that invested in the process. Poor Gleb. He got a dud his first time out
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I didn't have much of an opinion about her either way. I hate the RH shows, so I don't watch them. I've seen a bit of her on her Bravo show, but that's it. I was turned off by how she reacted to Gleb. It's freaking ballroom dancing. Did she think they were not going to be touching? Jeez. Maybe she was trying to be funny, but she came off as controlling and rigid.

I don't care how cute Giggy is.....and I'm not really a fan of clothing on dogs. I won't be sad or surprised if she's the first to go. She doesn't seem that invested in the process. Poor Gleb. He got a dud his first time out
    Not that I like clothes on dogs either and not that she had to go to extremes, but just FYI, Giggy has a disorder (alopecia, I think) such that he has no hair on the main part of his body and the clothing is to keep him warm.

I really liked Gleb - he is so adorable. I was not thrilled with Lisa's prim and proper routine. I agree with others who have said she signed up for the show - did she completely miss the part where she was going to be dancing with a partner and would then have to touch that partner? Not looking forward to her if this schtick is going to continue - especially on the sexier dances!

FORT Fan

Katesmom:
    Thanks for the info about the dog. It is cute but IMO has no place at the competition.

I really liked Gleb too (both his dancing and his looks) and keep wondering how drunk his parents were when they gave him his name.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Nebula View Post
    Katesmom:
    Thanks for the info about the dog. It is cute but IMO has no place at the competition.

I really liked Gleb too (both his dancing and his looks) and keep wondering how drunk his parents were when they gave him his name.
    He's Russian. It's not an uncommon Slavic name. Saint Gleb is important saint in the Eastern Orthodox church.
    Florimel likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast