+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Lisa Vanderpump & Gleb Savchenko - Season 16

FORT Fan

Re: Lisa Vanderpump & Gleb Savchenko - Season 16

Ness:
    you made me laugh with the "Dorothy dancing in ice skates"

Thanks so much. I really needed that today.

And I agree about the dog. It's cute but I hope that Gleb puts his foot down about it's being a continuing prop.
    ness likes this.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Just a quick thought - I think Master P not wearing dance shoes is a bit different than the "hat" and the "dog" situation. The proper shoes are something that's basically required in dancing. With the shoes that Master P insisted on wearing, he couldn't point his toes or do half of the other steps properly. Len was right to call him out on it.

Gavin's hats were part of his costume, I can understand Len not complaining about them.

The blasted dog is being used as more of a prop - and Len doesn't care much for "props". I predict that he'll be calling Lisa out on the dog situation if it's part of every dance.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie View Post
    Just a quick thought - I think Master P not wearing dance shoes is a bit different than the "hat" and the "dog" situation. The proper shoes are something that's basically required in dancing. With the shoes that Master P insisted on wearing, he couldn't point his toes or do half of the other steps properly. Len was right to call him out on it.

Gavin's hats were part of his costume, I can understand Len not complaining about them.

The blasted dog is being used as more of a prop - and Len doesn't care much for "props". I predict that he'll be calling Lisa out on the dog situation if it's part of every dance.
    And I'm sure Len will be booed but I think he will be right to point it out.
    (Love your Mona Lisa avatar)

Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie View Post

RB

I hear you.

Master P subbed for his son, Romeo (who'd been scheduled to dance that season,but had been sidelined by an injury). And TPTB were no TOTAL fools, I think. They HAD to have been aware of what they were getting when Master P stepped in to cover for Romeo.

And Romeo DID wear male dance shoes when HE showed up and competed with Chelsie, IIRC.

I'm well aware that men wear dance shoes. And frankly, I wished Master P'd worn them. But, he was who he was and he stepped in at the last second to pick up the slack for Romeo And dance shoes or not, I believe anybody who saw him try to dance ballroom style KNEW he wasn't going to make it to the F3 anyway.

Hell could've frozen over seven times, and Master P would NOT have worn dance shoes. So, why Len felt the need to grouse about it EVERY show he did was a mystery to me.

Far as Gavin goes, love him I do, but his hats were not just a part of his costume for DWTS. They were and are as much a trademark for him as Lisa wearing pink and hauling Giggy around pretty much everywhere she goes is. You can find any number of pics of him on the Net, and he is always wearing SOME kind of hat.

Maybe Gavin has some kind of incurable hair problem and needs to wear the hats; I don't know. But if that's not the case, then frankly, I really don't --- and didn't --- want to see any guy gliding around a dance floor doing a waltz and wearing a pork pie hat.

Or a newsboy hat. Or a cowboy hat.

Whatever.

And the OTHER side of that coin is that perhaps Master P had some kind of FOOT problem that prevented him from wearing Cuban heels, or other types of proper men's dance shoes. Again, I don't know. If he did, we weren't told about it, any more than we were told whether or not there was a medical reason that Gavin always wore pork pie hats.

Giggy? A prop?

Sure.

So why didn't LEN --- who HATES props --- have one word to say about Lisa's dog?

Be consistent and play fair, is all I'm saying.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I will be curious to see if Giggy is used next week or not. I happened to see some film after the show where the cast was heading out after the show to some club and instead of Lisa with the dog, her husband had him. Seems like they both equally love that little dog and is definitely their baby.

I was not familiar at all with Lisa before this show and I have to say after seeing how obviously rich they are, I was surprised she didn't come across as a snob at all to me. I hope that she gets more comfortable with Gleb as I would like to get to know him better as well. She might have messed up a bit, but I kind of liked their dance and not that I think they will win, but I think she can certainly improve if she relaxes a bit more.
    ilja likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    I will be curious to see if Giggy is used next week or not. I happened to see some film after the show where the cast was heading out after the show to some club and instead of Lisa with the dog, her husband had him. Seems like they both equally love that little dog and is definitely their baby.
    I would say this is definitely true. You should have seen the RH episode where they took the dog to a dinner party and let him drink from a water glass at the table! If I'm remembering the scene correctly, it was Ken who let him do this (out of Ken's water glass)!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I would say this is definitely true. You should have seen the RH episode where they took the dog to a dinner party and let him drink from a water glass at the table! If I'm remembering the scene correctly, it was Ken who let him do this (out of Ken's water glass)!
    Ken is the one with the dog, on the housewives show more than not. I rarely see him without Giggy. We will see him in the audience with Ken. I doubt they will make him part of every dance. Well, I hope not.

Lisa is used to wandering around in heels, not dancing in them

I only wish Gleb could stick around. Its a shame he wasn't paired with Val's partner Zen, they would of made a really cute couple.
    ness likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Wow - I really liked their dance. Well, I liked GLEB's dancing. That boy is smokin' hot. Lisa - the best I can say is that she left the dog at home this time.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

In the small talk segment on the first Results show, Gleb was heard telling her to not get distracted when they hit the floor for their routine. I bet she is distracted a lot - family, business - and it is difficult for him to get her attention during rehearsal. In the rehearsal package, you could see her mind was all over the place. We'll see if she can concentrate next week after Tom's admonition to both of the bottom two regarding their extended time on the show.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast