+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Victor Ortiz & Lindsay Arnold - Season 16

Victor Ortiz & Lindsay Arnold - Season 16

Victor Ortiz
    Season 16

Pro: Lindsay Arnold

Victor Ortiz is a living, breathing example of the American dream. From a broken home in a small town in Kansas to the bright lights of the boxing ring, Ortiz has used every obstacle he has encountered along his journey to fuel his strength and attain his dreams.

As former Welterweight Boxing Champion, Ortiz finally found his life’s calling as a world class athlete. The nickname “Vicious” describes Ortiz when he’s in the ring, but his million-dollar smile is a preview to his heart of gold. His ability to connect with people on a human level has kept the spotlight from blinding him. Realizing the importance of hard work, dedication, and family at an early age, Ortiz always finds a way to give back.

Meet the Cast - Dancing With The Stars 16 at ABC.com

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Victor Ortiz & Lindsay Arnold - Season 16

It looks like his head is photoshopped on that picture. Never heard of this guy, and don't know the new pro. Boxers haven't exactly done the best on this show when they've been cast. I'm thinking potential early elimination. I've read that this Lindsey girl wasn't all that great on SYTYCD.

To echo kara: Don't know either one.

Whoopee.

As for the Chelsie clone-wannabe.

Nothing personal, I just want the REAL one back, please, and thank you.
    karalott likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

No idea who Victor is, but I liked Lindsay on SYTYCD.
    NCLurker likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Victor chatted with a TMZ cameraman about being on the show and working with Lindsay:

'Dancing With the Stars' Victor Ortiz -- I Will Be The Next Dance Champion | Celebrity Videos | TMZ.com
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Victor chatted with a TMZ cameraman about being on the show and working with Lindsay:

'Dancing With the Stars' Victor Ortiz -- I Will Be The Next Dance Champion | Celebrity Videos | TMZ.com
    He is adorable. Thanks for the link.

Yeah, thanks for the link, MFW!

He IS a cutie!

And I'm sorry, but I had to LOL when he oh-so-sincerely said he couldn't let Lindsay, down, so he'd be bringing this home for her!

Bless his 'lil naive heart!

I KNOW his heart and mind are in the right place, and I am aware that he's a boxer . . .

But, DWTS has felled many a previous man and/or woman who decided they were going to grace the dance floor (those that COULD dance in some way, shape or form, included). They found out, much to their chagrin, that this show is NO joke and can run you straight down the middle of the road.

Being a champion boxer, I think it's pretty likely he's got a great work ethic. If that's so, that'll serve him well.

We'll see how they do.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Yeah, thanks for the link, MFW!

He IS a cutie!

And I'm sorry, but I had to LOL when he oh-so-sincerely said he couldn't let Lindsay, down, so he'd be bringing this home for her!

Bless his 'lil naive heart!

I KNOW his heart and mind are in the right place, and I am aware that he's a boxer . . .

But, DWTS has felled many a previous man and/or woman who decided they were going to grace the dance floor (those that COULD dance in some way, shape or form, included). They found out, much to their chagrin, that this show is NO joke and can run you straight down the middle of the road.

Being a champion boxer, I think it's pretty likely he's got a great work ethic. If that's so, that'll serve him well.

We'll see how they do.
    Footwotk is also a very important aspect of boxing ... correct? So that should help. Lat's see if he floats like a butterfly and/or stings like a bee!
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Footwotk is also a very important aspect of boxing ... correct? So that should help. Lat's see if he floats like a butterfly and/or stings like a bee!
    ABSOLUTELY agreed!

So, I'm thinking that if he's got even HALF a brain cell, he should at least do reasonably well.

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    ABSOLUTELY agreed!

So, I'm thinking that if he's got even HALF a brain cell, he should at least do reasonably well.
    I think he will- she has never taught on this show before. She did pretty well on SYTYCD, but that doesn't always translate into a good teacher.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast