+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Wynonna Judd & Tony Dovolani - Season 16

FORT Fogey

Re: Wynonna Judd & Tony Dovolani - Season 16

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Second verse, same as the first . . .

And as far as crippling stage fright goes, another case in point would be Barbra Streisand. Yet another would be Carly Simon.

It's why they never toured extensively --- or at all --- in their careers.

So, should we question their talent as singers and burn them at the stake for having stage fright and therefore not touring much, or at all?

Or, seeing as how they've STILL managed to make a pretty good living with their cases of stage fright present and accounted for, just let it go and applaud them for what they've done in their careers thus far? And may very well CONTINUE to do?

At least Wynonna is trying.

OK, so she's not getting very far, but she's trying.
    Couldn't agree more. I can't imagine what it would take to go out in front of millions and try to do something completely new.
    ness likes this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    Couldn't agree more. I can't imagine what it would take to go out in front of millions and try to do something completely new.
    Hell, I've DONE my share --- and MORE --- of ripping on these people, and have had NO second thoughts or regrets about doing so.

And I will CONTINUE to do so!

BUT . . .

The OTHER side of that coin is that I've ALWAYS also admitted that I respected each and every last ONE of them (whether I personally found something to like about them, or NOT) for at LEAST having the guts to get their rear ends out there and try something that I would never in a million years or LIFETIMES try.

And I would NOT try it EVEN ONE TIME, let ALONE keep going with it 'til I received the least amount of votes and was finally gone.

So . . .

HERE'S TO WYNONNA, ALL OF THE OTHERS THAT ARE CURRENTLY ON WITH HER, AND ALL OF THE ONES THAT CAME BEFORE THE CURRENT CAST, TOO!

KUDOS!!!!!!!!!!

Alexxxx and ilja like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Fogey

Wynonna herself has said she is a singer and not a dancer. She practices for hours, so I have to believe that she has all kinds of troubles with this kind of dancing. Now, Len himself was a pro Ballroom dancer who won trophies in his time dancing with equally capable, gifted partners. Although it might have been better for Tony to have refrained from saying, "No, you don't," to Len when he told Wynonna that he knew how hard this was for her, I don't have any trouble understanding what Tony said, or how Wynonna must have felt. How indeed can Len really know that?
    Personally, I think she is having trouble delivering the dance because dancing is not one of her skills rather than because of her recent hardships although they probably don't help the matter.
    ness likes this.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

FORT Fogey

Wynona is a singer, not a dancer, Kate had 8 kids and didn't have the time. Well, choose another show to promote yourself then. I rarely let a reality show contestant get under my skin. I cannot stand this self absorbed, arrogant woman. I just don't like her and that is okay. Many differing opinions on boards make them interesting and fun.

Her smile (see post #1) says a lot about what is inside her. If eyes are a window to the soul hers is grotesque. Okay, that was mean. I have not had a good day and felt like going over the top. I apologize. But really, look at her picture!
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Wynona is a singer, not a dancer, Kate had 8 kids and didn't have the time. Well, choose another show to promote yourself then. I rarely let a reality show contestant get under my skin. I cannot stand this self absorbed, arrogant woman. I just don't like her and that is okay. Many differing opinions on boards make them interesting and fun.

Her smile (see post #1) says a lot about what is inside her. If eyes are a window to the soul hers is grotesque. Okay, that was mean. I have not had a good day and felt like going over the top. I apologize. But really, look at her picture!
    Shoepie: sorry you had a rough day. I hope it gets better soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post

You know I feel the same way you do.I see very little trying, and if its not a good time for her, maybe she should have opted out this season.
    Shoepie and Coco46 like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

It was PAST time for Wynona to go home. She was AWFUL, and this week the judges finally judged her correctly.

She was overpraised the first two weeks for horrific "dancing" -- barely lumbering around the stage. And no, it wasn't her weight. We've seen heavy dancers, male and female, move quite well before. Wynona looks like she's afraid of breaking a sweat, and I don't call that "trying."

Wynona Judd has been and is a walking therapy session. Ever see her on Oprah about her family problems? She makes dysfunctional look good. EVERYTHING is someone else's fault, and even when she says she's responsible, it's not believable.

I think she's been indulged and enabled her whole life, and as much as I like Tony, he indulged and enabled her. She learned very little from him, and he didn't push her. Everyone is constantly afraid poor Wynona will break. I, for one, am tired of it, and I'm glad she is gone.

Her defensive "I'm a singer, not a dancer" says it all. The fact is that she hasn't had a hit in YEARS and is living off her past glory. Do I feel sorry for her? I wish she were emotionally healthy, but she has the money to get help, and that's something most people don't have. This "Poor Wynona" act is TIRED.
    Florimel, Shoepie, Coco46 and 1 others like this.

We have no way of knowing whether or not Tony was trying to help Wynona limber up; we see only a fraction of what is done in rehearsals. I would wager that he's tried. You can't force someone to do exercises if they choose not to. I don't know if that was the case with Wynona, but it's certainly is as possible as Tony not trying to help her get limber.

In any case, I do think she was the right one to go home this week.
    NCLurker and AlwaysVeg like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

It was difficult to watch her dance, but I just sense there was something else at play in her emotional state. Depression can literally paralyse people, and even if she's not a nice person in real life, it struck me how she spoke of Dorothy Hamill since Dorothy had depression issues. Someone has to be voted off every week, and it was the right decision.

To the Point

I'm not a Wynonna fan, and I totally agree that she should have gone home, but I really have to cut the woman some slack. I don't know what life has been like for Wy. I haven't lived her life, but through the years have seen more than I would care to see about the dynamics of this family. Her formative years were not easy, her relationships with her Mom and sister have always been a roller coaster, she has always struggled with weight, this past year has probably been beyond difficult, and while I would have stayed home rather than put myself out there on this show, I have to give her some credit for even doing the show. This could not have been easy for her. Am I glad she is gone? Heck yes, but a little compassion for someone who has obviously struggled through life despite her success cost me little to nothing.
    ness, Alexxxx, ilja and 2 others like this.

+ Reply to Thread