+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree274Likes

Thread: Zendaya Coleman & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 16

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Re: Zendaya Coleman & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 16

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    It isnt Val, he danced well with her. I just see her with Gleb I guess. I wonder what her fanbase is like? disney kids do pretty well on this show.
    Now, I would feel VERY uncomfortable if Zen was paired with Gleb! Val is a sexy puppy, but Gleb is OTT Hotness!
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

To the Point

I thought the encore was not as sharp as the original, or maybe I just was so impressed that I really didn't notice those really long legs being just a tad less than precise in kicks. I think that may eventually get mentioned by the judges, or they may just figure that she's so talented they let it slide. She is really good though either way. I just had not noticed this first time around.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    I thought the encore was not as sharp as the original, or maybe I just was so impressed that I really didn't notice those really long legs being just a tad less than precise in kicks. I think that may eventually get mentioned by the judges, or they may just figure that she's so talented they let it slide. She is really good though either way. I just had not noticed this first time around.
    I am not sure that performance last night would have received 9s later on in the season when the judges get more critical. Those kicks were rather lackadaisical. They lacked effort, precision, and really had no height at all, especially considering the length of her legs. I think we saw great pizzaz and a lot of potential Monday night. I need to see how she is going to do in some of the harder dances that take some great control.
    She's really cute, bubbly, and has all that natural potential, but I am not as sure that she has won this as I have been with some others on the first night like Jennifer Gray. I could see that one coming right off.
    NCLurker likes this.

I thought she was great both nights. I know that her height makes it just a tad more difficult to get those flicka kicks sharp, but she was really motoring and the choreography is far more difficult than Jen Grey or even Nicole Scherzinger had to contend with on the Jive. Probably the best in terms of sharpness on the Jive is Stacey Keibler, a really tall gal with legs for days. Again, Stacey had 15 years of dance training and then did some ballroom training before the show started so she worked for precision. But, in fairness, Stacey didn't have the difficulty quotient that Zendaya had.

I thought the encore was not as sharp as the original,
    not quite, no.

I just thought she might be tired. Young and old get tired, and she did mention school and homework.
    Btw if they are going to let the audience tweet every week, will we have to see them every week ? I liked it when the judges chose.

I wouldn't have minded seeing Andy's dance again last night.
    ness likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    not quite, no.

I just thought she might be tired. Young and old get tired, and she did mention school and homework.
    Btw if they are going to let the audience tweet every week, will we have to see them every week ? I liked it when the judges chose.

I wouldn't have minded seeing Andy's dance again last night.
    We have talked through the seasons about the fact that we don't see behind the scenes. We don't know what the heck goes on! Someone pointed out that Tom mentioned ( or at least made it sound as though) Dorothy's decision had just been made which was dramatic when someone else read on an interview that she had told the producers that morning, and they asked her to wait until the end of the show to make her announcement!

They may continue with this idea of the tweets to determine who is going to perform the encore dance, but there is no way they are going to have the same (popular) couple dance every week, any more than they let us know who gets the top viewer votes weekly ( what if it primarily is the same couple week after week?). They will just quietly decide that the next couple on the list, etc., will magically become the top tweet receiver.

Zendaya wasn't tired, she's a kid with energy for days. For me that was a very good jive with more jive content than I've seen from any celebrity.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    We have talked through the seasons about the fact that we don't see behind the scenes. We don't know what the heck goes on! Someone pointed out that Tom mentioned ( or at least made it sound as though) Dorothy's decision had just been made which was dramatic when someone else read on an interview that she had told the producers that morning, and they asked her to wait until the end of the show to make her announcement!

They may continue with this idea of the tweets to determine who is going to perform the encore dance, but there is no way they are going to have the same (popular) couple dance every week, any more than they let us know who gets the top viewer votes weekly ( what if it primarily is the same couple week after week?). They will just quietly decide that the next couple on the list, etc., will magically become the top tweet receiver.
    Twitter certainly got the fanbases to notice who is the darling of tweets! I think this was an excellent way for ABC to find out if their Disney star can go the distance. Clearly she can, so I expect ABC will capitalize on that. Whether they use it again will depend on what they want to market. They've been trying for years to get the youth market on board for advertising purposes and they can now show the advertisers that the youth 18-49 demographic is watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post

Yes, I now tend to think they choose who dances again, but let the audience believe they do. As for behind the scenes, I see enough on Tuesday, that's enough for me.
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 03-27-2013 at 04:03 PM.
    Florimel likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishCadbury View Post
    Zendaya wasn't tired, she's a kid with energy for days. For me that was a very good jive with more jive content than I've seen from any celebrity.
    I dunno, EC . . .

I think its fair to say --- and absolutely plausible --- that Z might very WELL have been tired last night.

I have an 18-year-old niece who's a senior in high school and gearing up for her graduation this May. In addition to a full load of schoolwork (she has all As, and one B, BTW), she is also in her advanced dance group at school. Each year, they put on TWO full-scale shows (one in winter, one in spring), each comprising a play AND a strictly dance show. Rehearsals CAN last WAY into the night. The actual performances themselves usually wrap up between 11:30 pm and midnight (from a start time of 7:00 pm, which I think is absolutely INSANE).

And she does all THIS while STILL maintaining a more-than-acceptable GPA.

Sometimes, I've crossed her path when they're rehearsing or performing, and regular school is still in session. The kid, frankly, looks like the walking dead, or at LEAST twice my age. Instead of speaking back to you like a real live person if you try to talk to her during these times, she'll grunt. I long ago realized what was going on with that, and just leave her be when she's in this mode because I know she's EXHAUSTED.

Now, sure, Z is only 16, while my niece, OTOH, is 18 and obviously uses a walker and cane to help her ambulate . . .

NOT.

But, in any event, I frankly don't believe that there's an age range or limit up or down the scale for whether or not someone can be tired.

Being tired is an Equal Opportunity Employer.

JMHO.
    ilja and Fanny Mare like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread