+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree274Likes

Thread: Zendaya Coleman & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 16

Re: Zendaya Coleman & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 16

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I don't see her being big headed. She can dance, she knows that. Its obvious to anyone. She just didn't blow me away though- I don't know why. It isnt Val, he danced well with her. I just see her with Gleb I guess. I wonder what her fanbase is like? disney kids do pretty well on this show.
    Oh well, its nice we all have our own faves.
    I agree with you about Gleb ... Gleb is taller too.

This little girl is a fine dancer, but it reminds me of weddings where they dress up a child to be a "miniature bride" and the kid steals the show. (I don't know if they still do that .. but it's always annoyed me!)

If I heard correctly ... next week's theme has something to do with "prom" ... puh-leeze!
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    I agree with you about Gleb ... Gleb is taller too.

This little girl is a fine dancer, but it reminds me of weddings where they dress up a child to be a "miniature bride" and the kid steals the show. (I don't know if they still do that .. but it's always annoyed me!)

If I heard correctly ... next week's theme has something to do with "prom" ... puh-leeze!
    Yes, exactly! and the theme is prom( seriously?)
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Love this girl! And I haven't truly liked a Disney star since Kyle Massey!
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Strong for her age, she looks even younger (as I said up thread) than 16. She had some trouble with those long legs, I am not saying she isn't good, I just don't see her winning this. I also watch to see adults dance, I can see kids anytime.
    just saying
    Oh I can see her winning this. She's got a big fanbase, bigger than I thought. She trended world wide on twitter after she danced, so there's no way she'll be Sabrina'd anytime soon. And heavens she's shown a lot more moxie and acutal dancing than say, Kellie. It may come down to Zen and Jacoby.

I don't think her fanbase comes from Disney since that's never helped anyone before and I suspect she is not that well known. I believe she is simply garnering a fanbase based on her dancing up to this point.

Yes, I would prefer her to have a younger partner but she has who she has and so far, I have been surprisingly pleased. I did not know Val had it in him. I really liked him when he first joined the cast but he let me down with his over-the-top antics last year. Geeze, I can't believe I'm starting to pay that much attention to the pros.

It's really not the pros that I'm cheering for but I was happy last time when Tony finally won one.

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishCadbury View Post
    Oh I can see her winning this. She's got a big fanbase, bigger than I thought. She trended world wide on twitter after she danced, so there's no way she'll be Sabrina'd anytime soon. And heavens she's shown a lot more moxie and actual dancing than say, Kellie. It may come down to Zen and Jacoby.

Yes they said that on another forum(trending worldwide on twitter) I guess I will wait and see.

I see someone ( not sure who yet) with Derek and Kellie in the F2.

I don't think her fanbase comes from Disney since that's never helped anyone before and I suspect she is not that well known. I believe she is simply garnering a fan base based on her dancing up to this point.
    Maybe, I am not sure who or why she would trend worldwide? nobody I know ,knows her, but she has a lot of kiddie fans, ( plus Maks fan votes for Val) she was at that Nickelodeon thing( val was the/her date)
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 03-26-2013 at 02:44 PM.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I have no problem with Val and Zendaya as a dance pair. Fred Astaire was 33 years older than Leslie Caron, 34 years older than Barrie Chase, and 37 years older than Juliet Prowse when he danced with them and all of them very very young. He was only 24 years older than Anne Miller, who was just a teenager when she started with Busby Berkeley, and Gene Kelly was also 21 years older than Anne Miller in Easter Parade.

It works both ways, too. Zizi Jeanmaire was 24 years older than Barishnakov when they danced together.

Oh, and Astaire also frequently wore spats, but that's another whole subject.
    ilja likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I was tweeting when I saw the trend happening. I think she has international fans because she specifically tweeted them to vote. With an international audience in addition to Disney, Maks and Val, and the fact that she's sooo good, she'll be able to rival Jacoby. And Wynonna Judd is cleaning up in the Country vote. She's going to be around a long time whether people think she's a good dancer or not. She's the Marie Osmond of this year's competition.

I had no idea who she was before the season started, but now she's my pick to win. She's absolutely adorable and a terrific dancer. Plus, I'd love to see one of the Chmerkovskiy boys get a win!
    Florimel and Tobi like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

LOVE this young-un!

Yep, I've got her and Val pegged for the win, too.

Also, I have to give special kudos to Val. He seems to be navigating the waters of their age/image differences VERY well. I'm also sensing from him a joy in terms of KNOWING what a jewel he has in Z, and dealing with that accordingly, taking it and RUNNING with it. I also believe he relishes being the ONLY Chmerkovskiy boy on the block, this time 'round, even though I KNOW he and Maks () are brothers and love each other.

I'm waiting to see what'll happen when they start the steamier Latin dances.

If these two shows are any indication, though, they'll dance those with class and aplomb, too.

So far, this team feels like THE WINNAH!

And think about it . . .

Just how perfect would it be if --- at 16 years old --- she wound up as champion of DWTS' 16th season?

You just COULD not make that up!

PERFECT example of stunt casting by TPTB, if it happened!
    Last edited by ness; 03-26-2013 at 08:15 PM.
    KrazeeKy07 and ilja like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread