+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 25262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast
Like Tree274Likes

Thread: Zendaya Coleman & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 16

Re: Zendaya Coleman & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 16

I'm with you, Ilja. I'm also surprised to be rootin for Z and Val. She's quite the entertainer and seems mature beyond her years. I'm also shocked at how well I like Val. I really like Maks and I must admit, I never felt that Val could hold a candle to him in sex appeal or looks-wise. Strangely, I find I like his personality much more than Maks'. He has a strongwork ethic and a discipline that I really admire.

All the finalists are talented and I know there are many who feel that Kellie will run away with it, but I'm crossing my fingers for Z!
    renzii and EnglishCadbury like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    I'm with you, Ilja. I'm also surprised to be rootin for Z and Val. She's quite the entertainer and seems mature beyond her years. I'm also shocked at how well I like Val. I really like Maks and I must admit, I never felt that Val could hold a candle to him in sex appeal or looks-wise. Strangely, I find I like his personality much more than Maks'. He has a strongwork ethic and a discipline that I really admire.

All the finalists are talented and I know there are many who feel that Kellie will run away with it, but I'm crossing my fingers for Z!
    As for myself? Regardless of the odds makers's predictions, I am looking at the judges, and I am thinking of the fans and fan bases. I am not sure at all that we have a very clear front runner at this particular point - unlike many other seasons after the way that last week transpired. I think we now have a much closer race and competition than we had before last week, and it just may be - may be any one of the contestants' competition to win or to lose.

I think a lot is going to be determined by the way the judges comment and score the dances. That always begins to set the pace at this stage of the game. It definitely determines who goes out at #4, and it strongly influences who goes out at #3. The judges do not always, of course, get their way with their opinions and scores, but I would say that I think many times it is clear to me what they are trying to do ( just like with the American Idol judges ).
    EnglishCadbury likes this.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

I think it will be fan votes, and tweets that decide. Mostly tweets
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post

Of course I am hoping for a Val and Zendaya win. for the first time we got an honest to goodness teacher to student relationship, and I just love their special bond, that required them to think outside the box and not go for the taudry, but actually freed them to concentrate on technique while still providing entertaining dancing. Val calls Zendaya an outlier, and truly I think she is a real diamond in the ruff, I have every confidence that Zendaya will continue to dance ballroom, Latin and contemporary styles. As for the vote, who knows, but I am certain twitter can't make the difference, old fashioned call in and on line votes will win it.

To the Point

Wasn't even aware you could vote via Twitter, however, that being the case, I would absolutely think it could determine the winner. That would be especially true for Zendaya. Not taking anything away from her talent, but she has way more twitter followers and they are young and typically willing to spend way more time texting and tweeting than an adult of any age. Not saying that Twitter will be all it takes, but it will certainly be a difference maker.

As far as I know there is no twitter vote for the finale. if there was I would agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    Wasn't even aware you could vote via Twitter, however, that being the case, I would absolutely think it could determine the winner. That would be especially true for Zendaya. Not taking anything away from her talent, but she has way more twitter followers and they are young and typically willing to spend way more time texting and tweeting than an adult of any age. Not saying that Twitter will be all it takes, but it will certainly be a difference maker.
    I agree 100%. At one time we would get excited if a certain phone line was always busy with twitter, Zendaya has the upper hand
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

According to the website it states that fans can vote by four different methods: toll-free phone calls, text voting (AT&T customers only), online at ABC.com or online via Facebook at facebook.com/dancingwiththestars. I know that I saw a tweet by Zandaya asking her Twitter followers to set up multiple email accounts, but I have seen other pros asking for the same on their respective Facebook pages.
    ilja likes this.

I really hate facebook voting. I feel like they do that simply to get my contact information for spamming thus I never do it.

Of course, I don't like facebook anyway and rarely get on it.
    Florimel and Jaceegirl like this.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

FORT Fogey

These two remained my faves to the end, and I gave them all my votes. Val is now my favorite pro. He is such a gorgeous dancer and great choreographer. I look forward to seeing him in future seasons. The world better lookout...here comes Zendaya! Congrats to both on a fantastic season.
    luvlady345, GabbyG, ilja and 1 others like this.

+ Reply to Thread