+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 397
Like Tree274Likes

Thread: Zendaya Coleman & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 16

  1. #291
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22,339

    Re: Zendaya Coleman & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 16

    Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    It's not that I dislike Zendaya. She seems to be a delightful and charming young lady. I have noticed her acts of kindness on the show. I'm just rooting for Kellie, because she is from my homestate of NC. And she's a country artist and I love country music. I also enjoy watching her dance more than Zendaya. I think it's due to Zendaya's long and lanky look. It's not as pleasing to me as most. Although, I bet her hop hop number is going to blow me away! lol

    I have to remind myself that the winner is a winner of a staged tv drama and that the Mirrow Ball trophy is worth less than $100.00. lol
    That's how I feel.I don't dislike her. How can you, she is so young.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  2. #292
    FORT Fogey EnglishCadbury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    900

    Re: Zendaya Coleman & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 16

    Everyone who is on this show right now has a connection to ABC. Aly will probably follow Shawn Johnson who became the ABC/ESPN representative in meeting Disney, or will be the featured artist on Dancing with the Stars at Sea- the Cruise.
    Ingo is obviously the representative from General Hospital, Jacoby, by virture of being an NFL player has an enormous tie in with ESPN the NFL inked a contract with ESPN for not millions, but billions and Kellie Pickler was dropped from her BN label which is part of the Sony group and affliated with ABC/Disney.

    So to centre out Zendaya because she is on a Disney show is a little short sighted when you see all the connections these celebrities have to ABC DISNEY ESPN

  3. #293
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22,339

    Re: Zendaya Coleman & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 16

    Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    It's not that I dislike Zendaya. She seems to be a delightful and charming young lady. I have noticed her acts of kindness on the show. I'm just rooting for Kellie, because she is from my homestate of NC. And she's a country artist and I love country music. I also enjoy watching her dance more than Zendaya. I think it's due to Zendaya's long and lanky look. It's not as pleasing to me as most. Although, I bet her hop hop number is going to blow me away! lol

    I have to remind myself that the winner is a winner of a staged tv drama and that the Mirrow Ball trophy is worth less than $100.00. lol
    I love that last line, staged and cheap!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  4. #294
    Bloomin' FoRT Fanatic! ness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Roseland!
    Posts
    10,065

    Re: Zendaya Coleman & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 16

    Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    It's not that I dislike Zendaya. She seems to be a delightful and charming young lady. I have noticed her acts of kindness on the show. I'm just rooting for Kellie, because she is from my homestate of NC. And she's a country artist and I love country music. I also enjoy watching her dance more than Zendaya. I think it's due to Zendaya's long and lanky look. It's not as pleasing to me as most. Although, I bet her hop hop number is going to blow me away! lol

    I have to remind myself that the winner is a winner of a staged tv drama and that the Mirrow Ball trophy is worth less than $100.00. lol
    Debb . . .

    I don't think any reasonable person with common sense could've ever pegged you as somebody that didn't like Z. Matter of fact, I seem to recall that you said straight out of the gate that you'd be pulling for Kellie, 'cause she's from your home state of NC.

    Ain't nothing wrong with that.

    Besides, Kellie CAN dance, and I like her, too. She seems like a real sweetie and good-natured, fun person. And BESIDES just being able to dance, or having had SOME kind of dancing experience, I find that I've got to see something likeable in the contestants as people, too.

    And yep, Z's body makeup IS different from Kellie's. I've thought of and seen her referred to on this board as having a "coltishness" (or, more accurately, in HER case, "filly-ishness"?) about her. As young and tall as she is, you'd EXPECT to see that out of her. Hell, the kid may not've even finished growing yet, maybe, and she's ALREADY 5'10".

    Kellie's situation, again, is COMPLETELY different.

    And no harm, no foul in her dancing being more pleasing to your eye. It is what it is.

    And your reasonable, non-inflammatory opinions and feelings are just as good and welcome here as anyone else's.

    JMHO.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

  5. #295
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22,339

    Re: Zendaya Coleman & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 16

    Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Debb . . .

    I don't think any reasonable person with common sense could've ever pegged you as somebody that didn't like Z. Matter of fact, I seem to recall that you said straight out of the gate that you'd be pulling for Kellie, 'cause she's from your home state of NC.

    Ain't nothing wrong with that.

    Besides, Kellie CAN dance, and I like her, too. She seems like a real sweetie and good-natured, fun person. And BESIDES just being able to dance, or having had SOME kind of dancing experience, I find that I've got to see something likeable in the contestants as people, too.

    And yep, Z's body makeup IS different from Kellie's. I've thought of and seen her referred to on this board as having a "coltishness" (or, more accurately, in HER case, "filly-ishness"?) about her. As young and tall as she is, you'd EXPECT to see that out of her. Hell, the kid may not've even finished growing yet, maybe, and she's ALREADY 5'10".

    Kellie's situation, again, is COMPLETELY different.

    And no harm, no foul in her dancing being more pleasing to your eye.

    They're just different.

    And your reasonable, non-inflammatory opinions and feelings are as good and welcome as anyone else's here.

    JMHO.
    I am just glad spaghetti legs isn't paired with Spatz.

    I know - I am bad.
    NCLurker and ness like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  6. #296
    FORT Fogey ilja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,745

    Re: Zendaya Coleman & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 16

    Or as some famous person on TV said, everybody likes their coffee different.
    ness likes this.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

  7. #297
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22,339

    Re: Zendaya Coleman & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 16

    Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    Or as some famous person on TV said, everybody likes their coffee different.
    Kellie says that all time
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  8. #298
    Bloomin' FoRT Fanatic! ness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Roseland!
    Posts
    10,065

    Re: Zendaya Coleman & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 16

    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I am just glad spaghetti legs isn't paired with Spatz.

    I know - I am bad.
    Yeah, FM, you ARE!!!!!!!!!

    *SPANK! SPANK!*

    LOL!!!!!

    Z and Spatz?

    Now THAT would've TRULY been one for the history books!

    And here I was thinking a Z and VAL pairing was off the charts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

  9. #299
    FORT Fogey nanarama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,320

    Re: Zendaya Coleman & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 16

    Actually, not all the people I listed with previous dance experience were called out as ringers. For example, Jane Seymour had taken ballet her whole life and was still taking classes up to and after the show. She wasn't a good ballroom dancer so no one called her a ringer. Yet Melissa Rycroft received many complaints for having taken ballet as a child (I'm even not going into her being an NFL cheerleader which, for example, so was Trista Sutter - the first eliminated in her season.)

    I prefer a level playing field as well, but really, isn't the show about watching someone do something out of her comfort zone and the journey as they learn to dance? Z has encreasingly gained poise and control over her clotish limbs. She's been sweet and kind to everyone and Val has impressed me greatly this season after turning my stomach on the last one with the whole showmance story line.

    As arguments can be made for all the contestants having tie-ins to ABC, I have a hard time believing they care that much to pimp her out as winner. If anything, Ingo has the closest ties to ABC with GH!
    ness and EnglishCadbury like this.

  10. #300
    Magical Elf MFWalkoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    16,400

    Re: Zendaya Coleman & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 16

    I can't believe people are actually saying they don't like the "ballroom" aspect of the dancing. This is the reason for the show's existence!

    I think it was a brilliant idea to take ballroom dancing into the mainstream, so it wasn't just a "PBS thing" (I also resent marginalizing PBS as something that isn't accessible to everyone). It's our culture, and it's important. So many aspects of culture and the arts are being snuffed out by technology, and by what's 'current' and 'trendy'. People need a rich background in arts and culture in order to better appreciate life itself.

    If you don't want to see ballroom, then you want to watch another show. DWTS is about ballroom.

    Where Zendaya fits into this rant, I'm not sure. She's a good kid and she's picking up the dances really well, so good for her.
    Florimel, ness and EnglishCadbury like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.