+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 40 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
Like Tree274Likes

Thread: Zendaya Coleman & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 16

Re: Zendaya Coleman & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 16

Quote Originally Posted by iwatchtv View Post
    If the point of the show isn't about exposing people to ballroom dancing, why are all of the pros ballroom dancers?

You can be exposed to it, but you are not going to learn much from a show like this The pros have to teach ,that's why they are ballroom dancers
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I didn't realize that Zandaya has actually trained in Hip Hop. That doesn't sound fair really. Here's a link about it.
    Dancing With the Stars 2013: Is Zendaya Dancing Hip Hop Unfair? - Dancing With The Stars

I guess they could make it more fair if they allow Kellie to sing, Allie to do a gymnastics routine, Ingo to act a scene and Jacoby to play some football. OH, it is a dance show though. lol
    Florimel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I didn't realize that Zandaya has actually trained in Hip Hop. That doesn't sound fair really. Here's a link about it.
    Dancing With the Stars 2013: Is Zendaya Dancing Hip Hop Unfair? - Dancing With The Stars

I guess they could make it more fair if they allow Kellie to sing, Allie to do a gymnastics routine, Ingo to act a scene and Jacoby to play some football. OH, it is a dance show though. lol
    Nope not fair, everyone else will be challenged-. I see a lot of the comments in the link agree it isn't fair. But ABC wants her to win, so of course hip hop was one of the choices
    -Andy Rooney-

I am usually easily distrubed by stars that have any sort of previous dancing experience, but for some reason I'm not as upset about it in this case, I think because she is only 16 it seems hard to say she is too experienced at anything.

Or maybe she is just the most likable of the contenders that makes me willing to overlook the unfairness, or maybe I'm just numb to the issue of fairness in relation to DWTS.

Of those remaining, I'm avoiding Mark and Derek because I'm tired of them winning, I'm avoiding Jacoby because I'm tired of football players winning, so that leaves me with Zendaya and Val.

On other hand, if they had partnered Zendaya with Derek I would be much more annoyed with her previous dancing experience.
    luvlady345 and ilja like this.

Quote Originally Posted by RickiRick View Post
    I am usually easily disturbed by stars that have any sort of previous dancing experience, but for some reason I'm not as upset about it in this case, I think because she is only 16 it seems hard to say she is too experienced at anything.

Or maybe she is just the most likable of the contenders that makes me willing to overlook the unfairness, or maybe I'm just numb to the issue of fairness in relation to DWTS.

Of those remaining, I'm avoiding Mark and Derek because I'm tired of them winning, I'm avoiding Jacoby because I'm tired of football players winning, so that leaves me with Zendaya and Val.

On other hand, if they had partnered Zendaya with Derek I would be much more annoyed with her previous dancing experience.

I think this is more about Val and getting him a MBT than it is Zen. I am not upset, but the writing is on the wall for this show and many others.

Just leave Amazing Race and Survivor alone
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I think this is more about Val and getting him a MBT than it is Zen. I am not upset, but the writing is on the wall for this show and many others.

Just leave Amazing Race and Survivor alone
    LOL!

Don't know WHO'S behind TAR . . .

But you can pretty much take it to the BANK that Mark Burnett ain't gonna let NOBODY play fast and loose with Survivor!
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

It's not that I dislike Zendaya. She seems to be a delightful and charming young lady. I have noticed her acts of kindness on the show. I'm just rooting for Kellie, because she is from my homestate of NC. And she's a country artist and I love country music. I also enjoy watching her dance more than Zendaya. I think it's due to Zendaya's long and lanky look. It's not as pleasing to me as most. Although, I bet her hop hop number is going to blow me away! lol

I have to remind myself that the winner is a winner of a staged tv drama and that the Mirrow Ball trophy is worth less than $100.00. lol
    NCLurker, ness and moflan like this.

If you look up some former contestants, Zendaya is no more a ringer than many of them. Just to name a few: Sabrina Bryan is listed in her bio as a dancer. Roshon Feagan dances "freestyle" as part of his career. Nicole Sherzinger studied dance and competed in dance competitions. Mya has taught hip-hop and jazz classes and has been known as a choreographer. Jane Seymore was a ballet dancer who still studies ballet. Many of the boy-band contestants also danced hip-hop as part of their career.

Having said that, I think it would be hard to find many performers now days who haven't had some dance training. Even in college, I had to take dance as part of my major. Does that mean that every performer with dance experience is a ringer? I guess it partially depends on whether you are rooting for them or not!

I don't see Z as a ringer. She seems to be mostly self-taught. Although she has great musicality, I think much of that is inate - either you feel the music or you don't. And the ballroom she's been dancing has been opposite the way she's used to dancing. Nor can I really blame her for wanting to dance hip-hop. All the other stars had preferences as well and everyone got what they wanted.

I also don't feel at all that she's been pushed down my throat by ABC as their desired winner. All (except maybe one) of the contestants seem to be nice, charming people and I wouldn't be devastated if any of them won, but for once, I would be extremely happy if the winner were to be the Disney kid!
    ness, luvlady345, ilja and 1 others like this.

I didn't see Joey McIntyre from New Kids on the Block, Joey Fatone from NSync, Lance Bass from NSync, or Kyle Massey or Mario Barrett as Ringers. These people all had performance training in hip hop.

The only thing that makes Zendaya different is her versatility, and her ability to adapt to other dance styles.
    luvlady345 and ilja like this.

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    If you look up some former contestants, Zendaya is no more a ringer than many of them. Just to name a few: Sabrina Bryan is listed in her bio as a dancer. Roshon Feagan dances "freestyle" as part of his career. Nicole Sherzinger studied dance and competed in dance competitions. Mya has taught hip-hop and jazz classes and has been known as a choreographer. Jane Seymore was a ballet dancer who still studies ballet. Many of the boy-band contestants also danced hip-hop as part of their career.

Having said that, I think it would be hard to find many performers now days who haven't had some dance training. Even in college, I had to take dance as part of my major. Does that mean that every performer with dance experience is a ringer? I guess it partially depends on whether you are rooting for them or not!

I don't see Z as a ringer. She seems to be mostly self-taught. Although she has great musicality, I think much of that is inate - either you feel the music or you don't. And the ballroom she's been dancing has been opposite the way she's used to dancing. Nor can I really blame her for wanting to dance hip-hop. All the other stars had preferences as well and everyone got what they wanted.

I also don't feel at all that she's been pushed down my throat by ABC as their desired winner. All (except maybe one) of the contestants seem to be nice, charming people and I wouldn't be devastated if any of them won, but for once, I would be extremely happy if the winner were to be the Disney kid!
    I agree, she is no more a ringer than some others. But lets not forget others have been called out as ringers - and people weren't happy if they won - so not everyone is going to love love love Zendaya with her own dance show, who acts and dances . do I think ABC pimps their own, Sean, Zendaya and someone else mentioned Ingo .Yes, I do. .Why suddenly is everything decided by tweets, because Zendaya has more followers and this is who they want to attract-v young ones who don't watch but tweet . I imagine they will lose some of their core audience, and thats not her fault. if they want tweens, they can have them. I think the judges give her a tongue bath every week.
    ness likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread