+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 40 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
Like Tree274Likes

Thread: Zendaya Coleman & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 16

Re: Zendaya Coleman & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 16

I do care. I want Zendaya to win.
    This is the first time that I didn't completely write off the Disney Kid after the first episode. I almost did. I thought "Here we go again. Another Disney Kid. Send her home early."

Then she grew on me. She was good. Very good. No mugging for the camera or acting any different from the other contestants. Just hard work & talent. I was surprised she was 16. She has a maturity on the dance floor that is way beyond 16.
    Val's choreography for her is excellent. It shows off her strong points, but yet challenges her a lot.

The others are also quite good too, but Zendaya has won me over.
    "Some of us learn from other people's mistakes and the rest of us have to be other people."

I think Zendaya is the best dancer in season 16 and I also think Val deserves to win the trophy this year! Rooting for team Zendaya!

For once I am hoping that the show is about mastering the technique of Ballroom Dancing instead of theatrics, production numbers and trying yet again for an Emmy. I really don't care about that at all. What I care about is finally we have a young girl who is learning to love Ballroom, it's not what she is used to but her talent is so great that she has the versatility to take it all the way. There have been others on this show, Joey MacIntyre, Sabrina Bryan, Mario Barrett to name a few who were talented hip hop dancers, but ultimately it didn't translate to ballroom.
    Florimel likes this.

No offense intended, English but I for one am hoping the show is not about mastering the technique of Ballroom Dancing because then I would have no reason to watch since I know nothing about these techniques. While I don't usually like showing my lack of knowledge on a subject and do appreciate posters such as yourself who help me to learn with your comments; at the end of the day, I am simply going to choose the star whose dancing and performance I like the most.
    NCLurker, ness and KrazeeKy07 like this.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as an idol?

Then why have a show about Ballroom dancing at all? For me it's always been about who can execute the dances most effectively. I'm not about smoke and mirrors so you can't see the footwork or the dance position. That's why Val's approach in keeping the performance all about the dancing and not hiding technique or lack thereof is for me the most entertaining aspect of the show.

I think the more people see pure dancing instead of antics, the more people appreciate what it looks like.
    Last edited by EnglishCadbury; 05-09-2013 at 08:00 AM.
    Florimel likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishCadbury View Post
    Then why have a show about Ballroom dancing at all? For me it's always been about who can execute the dances most effectively. I'm not about smoke and mirrors so you can't see the footwork or the dance position. That's why Val's approach in keeping the performance all about the dancing and not hiding technique or lack thereof is for me the most entertaining aspect of the show.

I think the more people see pure dancing instead of antics, the more people appreciate what it looks like.
    Please don't take this offensively because it isn't intended that way at all, but I would expect to see a show about how to learn Ballroom Dancing on Public Television. While, yes, the couples have been expected to execute certain steps to satisfy the judges, Dancing with the Stars has always been more about entertainment for the masses as to the viewing audience - at least that is the way I always understood it and as along as I have been reading and posting on this board. Most of us on here don't know the names of the steps, and to date that hasn't caused us any lack of enjoyment that I can pinpoint.
    Again, I say this as kindly, politely, although be it ignorantly as possible.
    NCLurker and ilja like this.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

If I wanted to learn ballroom, I would take more classes. This show is pure entertainment .With everyone liking and disliking something, or someone different.

I was thinking today how the judges( these Judges ) are going to score an Afro Jazz or aHip Hop

Zendaya knows more about hip hop than the three stooges will ever know.. In dances like these, I don't want to see their paddles, but -I know I will.

Thank goodness its off my screen next season
    NCLurker likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    Please don't take this offensively because it isn't intended that way at all, but I would expect to see a show about how to learn Ballroom Dancing on Public Television. While, yes, the couples have been expected to execute certain steps to satisfy the judges, Dancing with the Stars has always been more about entertainment for the masses as to the viewing audience - at least that is the way I always understood it and as along as I have been reading and posting on this board. Most of us on here don't know the names of the steps, and to date that hasn't caused us any lack of enjoyment that I can pinpoint.
    Again, I say this as kindly, politely, although be it ignorantly as possible.

It seems to me that people want to know the names of the steps, and I'm not talking about professional level Ballroom dancing, that you would see on PBS, that would be an insult to the pros.
    I'm talking about the enjoyment of learning to dance Ballroom. That's what Val mentioned in one of the rehearsal packages and that is something I really respect. I also respect his belief in his student that they can go out there and dance without all the "special effects" and present great entertainment.
    I think it's akin to watching sports. For example, if you can understand the game of football you enjoy it more.
    Last edited by EnglishCadbury; 05-09-2013 at 12:07 PM.
    Florimel and ilja like this.

Okay, you got me with the football reference.
    EnglishCadbury likes this.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as an idol?

FORT Regular

If the point of the show isn't about exposing people to ballroom dancing, why are all of the pros ballroom dancers?
    Florimel and EnglishCadbury like this.

+ Reply to Thread