+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 40 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
Like Tree274Likes

Thread: Zendaya Coleman & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 16

Re: Zendaya Coleman & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 16

Go Zen! Go Zen! Go Zen! Go Zen!

Not that I'm for you or anything. I certainly would not want to give you or anyone the kiss of death by declaring my undying support. I just want you to know that you have fans out here that admire your talent and respect your hard work.

Go Val! Go Val! Go Val! Speaking of hard work, great training and fantabulous choreo, I could not leave you out.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishCadbury View Post
    It's nice to see that Ballroom Legend and Mark's mom Shirley Ballas agreed with Louis Van Amstel. She said that Zendaya DESERVED 10's for the Paso Doble, and they marked her down to keep it interesting for Television. Of course Louis thought Zendaya deserved AT LEAST a 29 as the choreography was far more difficult.

As for Monday, Val seems pretty happy on Twitter- He Tweeted 'don't worry be happy', and I wonder if that might be their Foxtrot music? Also, he tweeted he was so happy to be going to work... makes me think the Salsa is coming along nicely. With the addition of Gleb we're going to actually SEE him do his thing. This should be fun.

I do think Val and Maks and the Dance With Me crew do superior Salsa/ mambo type of dances to those who haven't originally had the training.
    Hmmm.....she makes an interesting point. One thing to always keep in the back of our minds when we try to figure out why things are done the way they are sometimes done is that this is an entertainment show. To the the producers, it is an entertainment show as much or more than it is a dance contest, and always they have to keep in mind that first and foremost it is a business determined by ratings.

Even if Zen deserved 10s every single time she put her foot on the dance floor, if the judges were to award her those 10s, it could spell trouble for the show. Why? Common sense dictates that while her fans would love it, the general TV viewing audience would quickly get bored and tired of watching the same ole, same ole every week. Ratings would quickly drop, etc.

There has to be variety and some suspense as to who might win. Zen is a fabulous dancer, but she doesn't get straight 10s every time. Kellie gets some 10s too, and she is a pretty good dancer as well. Unknown about Kellie is her country fan base. How strong are they? There is a reason they don't let us have any idea how close the votes are. Zen is actually the better dancer, but could Kellie beat Zen with the fan vote? If Zen doesn't get straight 10s, then it is anybody's guess as to the winner on the race to the end.
    What about Jacoby? He is the dark horse, but stranger things have happened.....
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

The only problem with that scenario is it's not true to the dancing that occurs on the floor. In relationship to the others, if a competitior is worth a 10 they should get it, otherwise the judges credibility comes into question. So, if the show doesn't want to give out 10's even if they're deserving, then you raise the bar for all competitors so no one gets a 10 until the final weeks. What that means however, is we'd see more 4 and 5 paddles, which is probably what they should get, but by raising the number of people who get 10 you also raise the lower ones to 6 or 7.

Maybe we should just chuck the judges scores like they do on the other reality shows. Then the fan favorite becomes the winner, the politics of ranking them stays out of the competition.
    Last edited by EnglishCadbury; 05-06-2013 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishCadbury View Post
    The only problem with that scenario is it's not true to the dancing that occurs on the floor. In relationship to the others, if a competitior is worth a 10 they should get it, otherwise the judges credibility comes into question. So, if the show doesn't want to give out 10's even if they're deserving, then you raise the bar for all competitors so no one gets a 10 until the final weeks. What that means however, is we'd see more 4 and 5 paddles, which is probably what they should get, but by raising the number of people who get 10 you also raise the lower ones to 6 or 7.

Maybe we should just chuck the judges scores like they do on the other reality shows. Then the fan favorite becomes the winner, the politics of ranking them stays out of the competition.
    You make some great points. As do the others who have been complaining about the judges' behavior.

The problem is that the purpose of this show is to remain a success so that it will continue to have a reason to remain on the air. That means that this is not a professional dancing competition but instead a source of entertainment that includes a dance competition for amateurs. There really are no hard and fast rules for this show which is part of what frustrates long time viewers as we watch inconsistency after inconsistency, year after year.

Fortunately, for those of us who do enjoy the show despite it's problems, the powers that be at DWTS have so far found a a formula that works to keep their production on the air.

While there are seasons that bug me more than others, usually because I've become emotionally invested in one of the stars, I am still entertained just enough to keep coming back week after week. Since I am somewhat of a new fan, I am personally hoping it continues for years to come.

As much of a fan as I am of Zendaya, I am not emotionally invested at this point.

For how much longer will the show be on though? The Voice has now surpassed DWTS in not only the younger demographic but in overall viewership. Shenanigans by the judges just gets tiresome, and people tune out. That's ashame because it is a great show to present dance.

I think every show has it's peak and is unlikely to remain that high forever. That being said, they could very well drive more and more viewers away and get cancelled.

The thing is that I hear that same story for every reality show out there, year after year, complaint after complaint, threats after threats that this is the last time I'm watching, conspiracy theory after conspiracy theory and yes one day they will all be cancelled and the complainers will no doubt be the ones to say they were right all along and that they called it. Nothing lasts forever and there is nothing new under the sun.

But I want this show to last forever!

As much as I get frustrated with it sometimes, I've been an avid watcher since season 2 and as long as they keep the cast interesting ,big names or not, I can learn to love them! The show needs tweaking though.

Anywho, loved Z tonight!

Foxtrot and Salsa were amazingggg!! Here's to hoping she takes the mirrorball!
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

FORT Fogey

The trio number was darling. It was as refreshing, entertaining, well-choreographed, and well danced as anything I have seen on this show. That routine deserved the 30!
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

This show is a roller coaster. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    You make some great points. As do the others who have been complaining about the judges' behavior.

The problem is that the purpose of this show is to remain a success so that it will continue to have a reason to remain on the air. That means that this is not a professional dancing competition but instead a source of entertainment that includes a dance competition for amateurs. There really are no hard and fast rules for this show which is part of what frustrates long time viewers as we watch inconsistency after inconsistency, year after year.

Fortunately, for those of us who do enjoy the show despite it's problems, the powers that be at DWTS have so far found a a formula that works to keep their production on the air.

While there are seasons that bug me more than others, usually because I've become emotionally invested in one of the stars, I am still entertained just enough to keep coming back week after week. Since I am somewhat of a new fan, I am personally hoping it continues for years to come.

As much of a fan as I am of Zendaya, I am not emotionally invested at this point.
    I don't mind spaghetti legs sometimes she comes off tad precocious. Of the F4 I have in mind, I don't care who wins. When I don't care. I know for me a show is over.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread