+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 40 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
Like Tree274Likes

Thread: Zendaya Coleman & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 16

Re: Zendaya Coleman & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 16

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishCadbury View Post
    Yes, they won. I voted for Helio and Apolo and Emmitt and Hines in the past because I appreciated their work ethic and their journey. I also happened to believe they were the best in their seasons, because in many ways the "ringers" they were up against got complacent. But it's also a double edged sword, people looked the other way when JR couldn't really Cha Cha that finale night, or when Donald couldn't Samba his way out of a paper bag. So in a lot of ways, some of these popular people took it away from better dancers. So some get upset with Zendaya on the show, but I've read that lots also get upset with the football players who maybe hardworking, but they'll never really perform the technique of dance, but they get an enormous handicap because they happen to be in a popular sport.

Can anyone compete with Zendaya on skill level? I think so. But who can compete with Jacoby on fanbase? We'll have to find out, but history shows the NFL wins.
    While I agree that the football players do come with a rather large fanbase, I do not believe it's big enough to win it by themselves alone. I do believe they must attract other fans as well and Jacoby is missing one important ingredient that I suspect is going to keep him from winning it all unless he wins by default (as in the competition blowing it). Jacoby just doesn't have the likability factor that someone like Donald Driver had in spades. That is also what I believe helped Donny to win more than anything else. If we don't like them, we don't vote for them no matter how technically great they are. If we do like them, we don't require the technical abilities to be perfect.

They not only must dance but they must also entertain and that takes showmanship. Right now I'm hoping Zendaya can bring it to the end but I'm not sure at the moment if she can.

Likeability is definitely something to think about. Personally I wasn't particulary fond of Donald Driver, Warren Sapp or Chad Ochocinco, but they kept moving ahead each week And even Lawrence Taylor, gosh the guy hated being there, even asked fans NOT to vote for him, but people kept voting him to top 7 a good two to three weeks after he told everyone he'd rather play golf. And he was nasty, he wasn't endearing like say Jerry Springer That was whack. Jacoby is similar to the smack talking players I listed, but we'll see. He got the crowd going with his jive the way Donald did in season 14.
    Last edited by EnglishCadbury; 04-22-2013 at 05:47 PM.

Well I thought her Cha Cha was great. Next week they have Paso Doble as a single dance to redeem the team dance. I'm sure she'll bring the intensity she brought on the Argentine Tango. Can't wait to see it.

With her large fan base, I wonder what the judges will do. I wonder if they will bring her scores down to make the playing field more even.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    With her large fan base, I wonder what the judges will do. I wonder if they will bring her scores down to make the playing field more even.
    Did you notice the lady pros admiring her dancing?

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    Did you notice the lady pros admiring her dancing?
    What do you mean? In what way?

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    What do you mean? In what way?
    They showed this clip of them talking up on the balcony after Zendaya did her dance and they were making these nice comments about her dancing in an admiring tone. I can't remember exactly what they said since my memory does seem to have a few holes in it these days but I'm thinking it was something like she did it though not exactly those words.

Did anyone else notice?

I was probably talking and missed it, though I can believe it. She is very talented. Couldn't she actually be a pro with just a little more training if she wanted?

I think the fanbase is good, but we don't know if all twitter followers actually vote. DWTSgossip had an interesting graph of the tweets for the encore race. However, this could be an instance that the best dancer also has the most fan support. Len has been known to hold back the 10 for the best dancer because he holds them to a higher standard. He held back on Nicole to week 8, Mya to week 8, Jennifer to week 8 and Kristie Yamaguchi week 6. If as Bruno says, Zendaya is up there with the best they ever had, then I compare them to the women who went before and where Len scored them. .

My sense is though that they're trying to make a horse race out of this because it makes good television. If Zendaya gets a 30, probably Kellie will as well.
    Last edited by EnglishCadbury; 04-24-2013 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    They showed this clip of them talking up on the balcony after Zendaya did her dance and they were making these nice comments about her dancing in an admiring tone. I can't remember exactly what they said since my memory does seem to have a few holes in it these days but I'm thinking it was something like she did it though not exactly those words.

Did anyone else notice?
    I think it was when they're standing for elimination and they have a flash back to the night before and what the dancers say in the balcony. I think it was Kym who said "she really danced that well" or something to that effect. Later Anna Trebunskya was interviewed and said that was the best technical Cha Cha she has seen from a celebrity.
    ilja likes this.

+ Reply to Thread