+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 40 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
Like Tree274Likes

Thread: Zendaya Coleman & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 16

Re: Zendaya Coleman & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 16

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    It just occurred to me when I read your post, that this may be the very reason that the producers paired Val with Zen. I suspect they had a pretty good idea that this kid is in general basically what the rest of us would call a pretty good dancer. When they are not on the set filming, those kids dance around, etc., and her producers know what she can do. All the DWTS producers had to do was to to talk to their folks to find out what kind of basic dance potential she has. ( Notice that none of the Disney contestants are duds.)
    Val and Zen may be their answer to the lament cry of, "No Max!"
    Sounds logical and reasonable to me, Bloomers.

To be a Disney performer, well, let's just say that you've GOT to have a wee tad bit more going on in the performance/dance department than simply being able to throw down in some corner club in Everywhere, USA, or at somebody's wedding or house party in Everywhere, USA.

Not sure at (most) times about the DWTS PTB, but the DISNEY PTB are DEFINITELY not fools. YEAH they knew what was up, with Z, all along. And, to me, this seems like stunt casting on the parts of the DWTS PTB for two major reasons:

1. 16th season. Why NOT cast a 16-year-old that has a better-than-good chance of taking it all the way?

2. And why NOT pair that little lady with one of the show's certified hot sex bombs that has females drooling from one end of the globe to the other? THAT particular pairing would be SURE to generate advance buzz and controversy before anybody even took to the floor for the first time.

Well, it DID.

But they ALSO knew the sex bomb would comport himself professionally, so they'd get people reeled in for the sheer car wreck factor of seeing the "Ewww!" casting played out, and eventually these same people (moi, included!) would be hanging around checking them out each week for the pure pleasure of seeing the skill of those two on the floor.

AND the nail-biting possiblility of perhaps seeing them WIN THE WHOLE SHOOTING MATCH.

Has Val made me forget Maks?

Hell, no, not in THIS lifetime or any other.

BUT, even though his hotness hasn't diminished not one whit for me, I'm also clearly seeing exactly what Val's made of, this season, as regards dancing and choreography skills. To me, he's just as good, if not better, than some of the pros I've cheered for for YEARS on this show.

What an eye-opener!
    ilja likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Zendaya has Cha Cha Cha for her dance with Val... wonder what the song will be? I kinda like Signed Sealed Delivered for a Cha Cha.

I've officially changed my attitude toward Zendaya. She's now Zendaya in my opinion, not Disney Kid. That says a lot.
    She's very likeable, works hard, is quite good, is even getting better, doesn't seem at all smug or hammy, and shows a maturity in her dancing that is far beyond her 16 years. Plus she's paired with Val, equally as likeable.

I'm rooting for Zendaya for the win!
    Florimel, renzii, ilja and 1 others like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I've officially changed my attitude toward Zendaya. She's now Zendaya in my opinion, not Disney Kid. That says a lot.
    She's very likeable, works hard, is quite good, is even getting better, doesn't seem at all smug or hammy, and shows a maturity in her dancing that is far beyond her 16 years. Plus she's paired with Val, equally as likeable.

I'm rooting for Zendaya for the win!
    I've liked Zendaya from the beginning but I did not want her to win. While it helped that Dorothy (my favorite) left, Zendaya has still been working on me to the point where I suspect I might have been cheering her on even if Dorothy had not left the competition.
    EnglishCadbury likes this.

Z, for me, is Kyle in a different package, in a way.

Just like I screeched "Kyle WHO?", when HIS name was announced, I screeched "Zen WHO?" when HERS was announced.

THEN found out they were both Disney Kids before I even saw them take the floor.

Cue eye roll, here.

THEN, I saw them dance.

Done deal.

To quote Ms Scarlet about Z:

"She's very likeable, works hard, is quite good, is even getting better, doesn't seem at all smug or hammy, and shows a maturity in her dancing that is far beyond her 16 years. Plus she's paired with Val, equally as likeable."

I HAD to quote Ms S because I couldn't've put it any better. I'm absolutely glued to the screen when she and Val are on. Z is an absolute wonder on the floor with him, and OFF of it, as well, being the person that she apparently is.

I hate like hell to say this, but I have to give TPTB props and kudos --- for ONCE --- for bringing Z on and pairing her with V.

They are one of the MAJOR reasons I'm now SO glad I didn't stage a sit-out this season to protest Maks not being on and paired with anybody, this season.

And I STILL got to see and appreciate Maks this past Monday, just for the drool factor, his dancing, and the snarky-brothers-talking-smack rehearsal footage with Val.

So how cool is THAT?

My money is on them for the win, too!
    Last edited by ness; 04-19-2013 at 08:58 PM.
    KrazeeKy07 and ilja like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Nebula View Post
    Actually it was pre-planned as I noted above. Z needed to know exactly where to go after the dance to hug Grandmother. They couldn't have her wasting time searching the crowd for Grandmother. The hug was most likely practiced with a stand-in during rehearsal.

That's how producing a big complex tv show like this live works. It's all planned out down to the minute.

How do you think the cameramen know where to go during the dances? Have you ever watched how many people there are on the dance floor before a dance starts? Look sometime when they show the floor in a long shot before the actual dance starts. There are multiple cameramen and at least one floor director. That's all planned and rehearsed too. It's really quite interesting to watch a big show with so many different parts being put together by production.
    You are so right about this. I hate to be a bubble-burster, but live shows are planned by production down to a tee. If someone sheds a tear during a rehearsal, they will write it down on the schedule "so&so cries". It sounds crazy and callous, or really rehearsed, but production teams are prepared completely for every possiblity during a live show. Each dancer will have their family and friend's camera angles all set before their dance and they will have set-up her hug. It doesn't mean she didn't mean it. She could sincerely hug her grandma, but they could have prepared for it. It's no big deal.

I'll only agree that SOME shows of affection are pre-planned, like Andy's hug of her daughter. All scripted.

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishCadbury View Post
    I'll only agree that SOME shows of affection are pre-planned, like Andy's hug of her daughter. All scripted.
    Which makes me wonder how many times Andy had to rehearse his many crying scenes and DL had to rehearse his get angry with the judges scenes?
    ness likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    Which makes me wonder how many times Andy had to rehearse his many crying scenes and DL had to rehearse his get angry with the judges scenes?
    isnt that the truth- pass the onions Andy

I think Andy is doing okay
    ness and ilja like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread