+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
Like Tree274Likes

Thread: Zendaya Coleman & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 16

Re: Zendaya Coleman & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 16

This thread will be closed for a few days so people can stop and think before deciding if it's really worth getting into fights over a teenager in a TV dancing competition.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Val in his OTRC interview thinks the latin dances are Zendaya's strength, and I finally saw the "first rehearsal" where she's doing Rumba walks and they were extremely well done. The Samba this week should be a great dance for her, and since it's favorite year theme this week it's possible she'll dance to music by the person that inspires her Beyonce. The show has had music by Destiny's Child and Beyonce before, so it is probably a good bet.
    Florimel and renzii like this.

I loved that Samba! What an awesome dancer, I'm so impressed with how she moves on the dance floor.
    Florimel and nanarama like this.

Next week Zendaya and Val have Argentine Tango with guest dancers Maksim and Anna. This should be fun
    Florimel likes this.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Zendaya is a great dancer. My only problem with her is that she's so young. That means that her dancing ability is even more amazing, but I just don't get the layers of emotion from her (that come from age and experience - so it definitely isn't her fault).
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Brilynn, the blind girl who danced so beautifully last night is 17. I saw wonderful emotion just radiating from her and from Derek, who partnered her superbly.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I agree with Carrie Ann when she says that Zendaya's emotion is beyond her years. Anna Trebunskya said the same thing on After Buzz TV when they were critiquing last week's dances. There's so much talent in such a young filly. It's so surprising because one expects a kid to be emotionless like Shawn was in her first season. But that's the difference between gymnasts and dancers. Athletes are there to do a job with technical precision. Dancers need technical precision but also they need to bring a piece of themselves to the dancing. I think that's what is so surprising in Zendaya.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Brilynn, the blind girl who danced so beautifully last night is 17. I saw wonderful emotion just radiating from her and from Derek, who partnered her superbly.
    So did I. I just thought she was incredible.- she moved me to tears
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

At only 16 years of age, this girl is a force to be reckoned with. If she keeps this momentum up --- and I don't see any reason right now why she couldn't or wouldn't --- she should have one heck of a career that'll keep her going like the Energizer Bunny for many years to come.

And again, much as I miss Maks, this has been one hell of an opportunity for Val to shine, and he has taken it and run with it. He and Z --- thank You, GAWD!!! --- are well-matched. His fantastic professionalism, dancing talents and ability to choreograph are all being spotlighted with this pairing, and it's great so see!
    ilja likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    At only 16 years of age, this girl is a force to be reckoned with. If she keeps this momentum up --- and I don't see any reason right now why she couldn't or wouldn't --- she should have one heck of a career that'll keep her going like the Energizer Bunny for many years to come.

And again, much as I miss Maks, this has been one hell of an opportunity for Val to shine, and he has taken it and run with it. He and Z --- thank You, GAWD!!! --- are well-matched. His fantastic professionalism, dancing talents and ability to choreograph are all being spotlighted with this pairing, and it's great so see!
    It just occurred to me when I read your post, that this may be the very reason that the producers paired Val with Zen. I suspect they had a pretty good idea that this kid is in general basically what the rest of us would call a pretty good dancer. When they are not on the set filming, those kids dance around, etc., and her producers know what she can do. All the DWTS producers had to do was to to talk to their folks to find out what kind of basic dance potential she has. ( Notice that none of the Disney contestants are duds.)
    Val and Zen may be their answer to the lament cry of, "No Max!"
    ness likes this.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

+ Reply to Thread