+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 40 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Like Tree274Likes

Thread: Zendaya Coleman & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 16

Re: Zendaya Coleman & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 16

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    But when does young become so young that I starts to look like a father/daughter dance? Yea I for one did think Shawn at 17 was too young but will admit I loved her during All Stars.
    Who cares? Ballroom dancing isn't necessarily about sexual chemistry, it is also about daughters dancing with their big brothers and their dads. It's sweet and endearing, and especially beautiful when executed properly. If Zendaya's fans start to love ballroom dancing because of how she dances on this show, that's fantastic. What a great gift of culture to give young people.
    Florimel and DancingDad like this.

FORT Fogey

I think that's one of the main reasons I'm enjoying this couple so much, the lack of sexual chemistry. So many times on this show the dancing seems to be all about being sexual and showboating and everything except dancing that it makes me uncomfortable to watch. I'm enjoying watching pure dancing, done well. Last night was a treat.
    mesachick, umngirl and ilja like this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Other than Kyle, I pretty much have been OVER Disney kids for quite some time, now.

Z is a horse of a different color, though.

She's talented and sweet, and I find that I like her a lot and look very much forward to seeing what she and Val'll do each week. I was moved by her tribute to her grandmother, and thought she looked absolutely lovely and danced worderfully.

Much as I miss Maks, Val is REALLY coming into his own working with her, too. His choreography is shining like a diamond! Who knew? And sex bomb that he is, he comports himself in a very careful, professional manner with Z, and they mold and mesh well together.

The two of them are a wonderful, unexpected treat this season, and I'm VERY glad now that I didn't bail.

Can't WAIT to see what they've got stuffed in their dancing shoes for next week!
    ilja likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    And did anyone else notice the tears in her eyes at the end of the dance plus how she pointed to her grandmother and just had to go hug her before heading up the stairs? She touched my heart with how much it meant to her dedicating that dance to her grandmother. I can only hope to have such a thoughtful grandchild one day.
    Not to take anything away from Z but a lot of stars have dedicated their dances to loved ones with illnesses or problems and then have gone over and kissed them at the end of the dance. It was lovely that Z did that but she is far from the only one to do so.

BTW think about where her grandmother and mother were sitting and then think about how much "arranging" the show had to do to get them in those front row seats so they could be easily accessed for a hug/kiss.

A lot of what happens on this show that viewers interpret as "spontaneous" are really the result of hours of planning and preparation by the producers.

Totally agree ness! Other than Kyle, I normally can't stand the Disney star, but Z just seems so genuine and sweet!

And yes, stars always dedicate there dances to loved ones and all have been so sweet, just like Z's. JR's rumba was one of the most emotional ever.

And about seating, I always see everyone's family in the front row, so I don't think abc really had to do tons of maneuvering.

Like I always say, to each his own. Last night was lovely, you go Z!
    Last edited by KrazeeKy07; 04-02-2013 at 01:13 PM.
    ilja likes this.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post

Maybe casting someone younger this season is ABC's attempt to reign back the show. I thought last season started to be more crass, with less class. What with all the butt slapping, Gilles looking down Peta's crotch, etc, etc. Me personally, would rather it go back to the dancing, and less about whom can be more sexual. What's next ABC, pole dancing?
    Can I call it or what?? Thanks Tony and Wynonna for proving my point, albeit pretty pathetically.

Val and Zen were lovely last night!
    ilja likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

FORT Fan

LOL Mesachick. We'll have to start paying more attention to your "predictions" now.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Nebula View Post
    Not to take anything away from Z but a lot of stars have dedicated their dances to loved ones with illnesses or problems and then have gone over and kissed them at the end of the dance. It was lovely that Z did that but she is far from the only one to do so.

BTW think about where her grandmother and mother were sitting and then think about how much "arranging" the show had to do to get them in those front row seats so they could be easily accessed for a hug/kiss.

A lot of what happens on this show that viewers interpret as "spontaneous" are really the result of hours of planning and preparation by the producers.
    I agree that we see sob stories all the time and yes they are mostly contrived and they mostly get on my nerves. The difference for me with Zendaya was that it seemed quite sincere and it was for her grandmother and it touched me personally because I am going to have my first grandchild in about 6 months.

Okay, okay, the truth finally comes out.

I agree that we see sob stories all the time and yes they are mostly contrived and they mostly get on my nerves. The difference for me with Zendaya was that it seemed quite sincere and it was for her grandmother and it touched me personally because I am going to have my first grandchild in about 6 months.

Lucky you! we just had our 4th! eek!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fan

That's wonderful about your first grandchild coming! Congrats!

I wasn't really attacking Z or saying she was pretending or faking. I just wanted to remind that a number of contestants have done tribute dances and that they all get a lot of help from production with those.

In some instances (though not necessarily this one) I have gotten the idea that production asked at the beginning of the season if any of the contestants had anyone they could or would want to do a tribute dance for. And then things progressed from there.

+ Reply to Thread