+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree274Likes

Thread: Zendaya Coleman & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 16

FORT Fan

Re: Zendaya Coleman & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 16

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Its on at 9.00pm until 11.00pm here, not sure how 'family' it is. I watch for adults , always have. They have other likable 'Disney' kids on before, but I never voted for one of them.I was always glad when they left. If ABC is fine with pimping her career, so be it
    Wasn't Kyle Massey the youngest until now?
    And he was 18 or 19 at the time. And I think Shawn Johnsons was 18 or 19 also during her first season.
    Bristol was also 19 during her first season.
    Last edited by Orion Nebula; 04-01-2013 at 04:42 PM.

Yes, and we have seen them dance on this show.
    So you believe in reverse sexism? Because Julianne Hough danced with men that were all older than her when she was a pro on this show/ Chelsie Hightower got Michael Bolton. Cheryl Burke at 25 got 63 year old Wayne Newton.
    Florimel and nanarama like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Nebula View Post
    Wasn't Kyle Massey the youngest until now?
    And he was 18 or 19 at the time. And I think Shawn Johnsons was 18 or 19 also during her first season.
    Shawn Johnson was 17 when she won.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishCadbury View Post
    So you believe in reverse sexism? Because Julianne Hough danced with men that were all older than her when she was a pro on this show/ Chelsie Hightower got Michael Bolton. Cheryl Burke at 25 got 63 year old Wayne Newton.
    But all the dancers both pro and contestants you mention were adults.
    We're talking about pairing a 16 year old girl with a 32 year old man.

BTW Shawn was 17 and Derek was only 24 when they were first paired. He was not twice her age.
    Last edited by Orion Nebula; 04-01-2013 at 04:47 PM.

But all the dancers you mention were adults.
    What? Val is 26 but regardless, what you're implying is sexism.
    It's okay for the show to put very young women (in some states still a minor) with men old enough to be their grandfather, but Val is like a big brother to Zen and that's not okay?

FORT Fan

What? Val is 26 but regardless, what you're implying is sexism.
    It's okay for the show to put very young women (in some states still a minor) with men old enough to be their grandfather, but Val is like a big brother to Zen and that's not okay?
    Val was born in 1980.

That makes him a 32 man, yes? Twice the age of the 16 year old girl they have him dancing with. He is a mature adult and she is far from being that.

But all the dancers both pro and contestants you mention were adults.

BTW Shawn was 17 and Derek was only 24 when they were first paired. He was not twice her age.
    Shawn was paired with Ballas and so he was 7 years older than Shawn. Val is 26 So you're upset because Val is 10 years older as opposed to 7 years older ?

Val was born in 1980.

That makes him a 32 man, yes? Twice the age of the 16 year old girl they have him dancing with. He is a mature adult and she is far from being that.
    NO, that's Mak's birthday. Val was born 6 years later.

FORT Fan

Shawn was paired with Ballas and so he was 7 years older than Shawn. Val is 26 So you're upset because Val is 10 years older as opposed to 7 years older ?
    Yes because Val is a man and she is still little more than a naive and inexperienced child.

Watch her on Jimmy Kimmel.

BTW if they paired a 16 year old boy with a woman 10+ years older that he it would be the same problem. This is not about sexism but about pretending that a young girl is somehow mature and experienced (in life) enough to dance at the same level with a sexually mature male.

As I said above this is not how youngsters are paired in ballroom competitions. Youngsters dance with a partner very close to their own age, not with an adult ten or more years older than they are.

Its on at 9.00pm until 11.00pm here, not sure how 'family' it is. I watch for adults , always have. They have other likable 'Disney' kids on before, but I never voted for one of them.I was always glad when they left. If ABC is fine with pimping her career, so be it
    It's on from 8 -10 in the US PST... 7-9 in the midwest. Primetime family watching tv hours. Maybe Canada has stricter policies as what constitutes a show being on during the 8-10 hours. But as it stands, DWTS is categorized as a family show, and families do include kids. If the show is meant to be watched by kids that are 16 (which it is), then I don't see the problem with having someone that is 16 dancing on it.

I don't disagree that ABC is pimping her because she's a Disney star. They are pimping Sean out as well . But having a 16 year old competing on a dancing show that 16 year old's watch, so what? Take a gander at the kid's that are watching live in the audience even.

Maybe casting someone younger this season is ABC's attempt to reign back the show. I thought last season started to be more crass, with less class. What with all the butt slapping, Gilles looking down Peta's crotch, etc, etc. Me personally, would rather it go back to the dancing, and less about whom can be more sexual. What's next ABC, pole dancing?

Anyway, I think Zen and Val are doing just fine and haven't crossed a single inappropriate line, so far lol.
    nanarama and ilja like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

+ Reply to Thread