+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 397
Like Tree274Likes

Thread: Zendaya Coleman & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 16

  1. #101
    FORT Fogey PA Snow Bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,562

    Re: Zendaya Coleman & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 16

    I just don't see how at 16 she has sufficent life experiences to have the emotion of many of these dances. What kind of emotion can any 16 year old put into a rumba?

    Yea I AM saying ringer just like Nicole was a ringer. The only difference is this ringer is employed by the company running this competition. ABC is going to cram us full of their contestants until the win. Yes I know Kelly has already won under the ABC banner but that was the 1st season and IIRC it was only 6 episodes.

    By doing this they turned off a long time viewer like myself.

    She is a ringer...ding ding ding!
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

  2. #102
    FORT Fanatic EnglishCadbury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    604

    Re: Zendaya Coleman & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 16

    Of course a "ringer" is someone who deliberately deceives like a hustler. So Emmitt Smith called Mario Lopez a ringer, and dang, he was. Jimmy Kimmel played a tape of Lopez dancing up a storm as a kid on a tv show. Mario told the world he had NO dance training prior to the show.

    Zendaya is a dancer, but a ringer is someone who willfully deceives the audience. What you see is what you get with Zendaya. But there are always deceitful people on the show. She doesn't happen to be one of them.

    Zendaya is one of those rare talents who has a grace and maturity in her dancing that's a joy to watch. And she makes no apologies for it.

  3. #103
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    384

    Re: Zendaya Coleman & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 16

    Already watching this past Monday's show I was getting uncomfortable knowing how much Val has to hold back because she is so much younger than he is and has no sexual experience or maturity to speak of.

    Maybe the problem is that ABC insists on putting children on an adult-themed show?

  4. #104
    FORT Fanatic EnglishCadbury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    604

    Re: Zendaya Coleman & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 16

    Shawn Johnson was very immature when she won, but she won. Zendaya is a far more mature dancer and her and Val went full out on the Jive, I saw no holding back on any part of that dance.

  5. #105
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    19,071

    Re: Zendaya Coleman & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 16

    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Nebula View Post
    Already watching this past Monday's show I was getting uncomfortable knowing how much Val has to hold back because she is so much younger than he is and has no sexual experience or maturity to speak of.

    Maybe the problem is that ABC insists on putting children on an adult-themed show?
    It doesn't matter what anyone says to me. She is way way too young for this show. 16 is too young
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  6. #106
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    384

    Re: Zendaya Coleman & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 16

    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    It doesn't matter what anyone says to me. She is way way too young for this show. 16 is too young
    Fanny Mare: I agree with you. There is no reason to cast such youngster on an adult-activity show.

    Anyone who thinks she is "mature" enough to be on an adult show should watch her interview with Jimmy Kimmel.

    I am gaining a lot of respect for Val seeing what he is doing/not doing with the child he's been made to work with. Is this some sort of "commie" plot? Take one of the sexiest male dancers and make him choreograph for and dance with someone only a few years out of grade school?

    Somebody at ABC has a really sick sense of humor.

  7. #107
    FORT Fanatic EnglishCadbury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    604

    Re: Zendaya Coleman & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 16

    Wow, Ballroom Dancing is for juniors as well as older people. I started lessons at 6. Shawn Johnson was 17. Zendaya Coleman at 16 is very accomplished, and there's great Olympic ice dancers who do their thing as teenagers. There's nothing commie about good dancing.

    And it's most likely a refreshing change for Val to do what he does best, simply teach a great student this season, without having the "showmance" last season to sell lthe partnership.
    nanarama, mesachick and ilja like this.

  8. #108
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    384

    Re: Zendaya Coleman & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 16

    Quote Originally Posted by EnglishCadbury View Post
    Wow, Ballroom Dancing is for juniors as well as older people. I started lessons at 6. Shawn Johnson was 17. Zendaya Coleman at 16 is very accomplished, and there's great Olympic ice dancers who do their thing as teenagers. There's nothing commie about good dancing.

    And it's most likely a refreshing change for Val to do what he does best, simply teach a great student this season, without having the "showmance" last season to sell lthe partnership.
    The "commie plot" remark of mine was an attempt at a joke. That's why it was in quotation marks.

    Sorry if anyone took it seriously.

    However, my point about pairing a girl who is obviously naive and without adult experiences with one of the most sensual and sexy male dancers on the show is just pure spite on the part of the producers.

    Val can't do half of what he is really good at in terms of mature adult content based on life experiences because he is basically dancing with a child.

    I want to know who on the show thought this was a "good idea."

    (BTW Val was born in 1980 and is TWICE her age. This was and continues to be a very bad idea. I wonder if ABC/DWTS is punishing him in some way for having such a sexy style and for being so naturally sensuous?)
    Last edited by Orion Nebula; 04-01-2013 at 04:11 PM.

  9. #109
    FORT Fanatic EnglishCadbury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    604

    Re: Zendaya Coleman & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 16

    I totally and utterly disagree. Val is so much more than a "romantic lead" he's a helluva great choreographer and he's doing age appropriate dancing with an age appropriate student. It's great to see.
    I get the skeevies when a married celebrity claws a pro or vice versa and if the show is moving away from that crap the better..

  10. #110
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    384

    Re: Zendaya Coleman & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 16

    Quote Originally Posted by EnglishCadbury View Post
    I totally and utterly disagree. Val is so much more than a "romantic lead" he's a helluva great choreographer and he's doing age appropriate dancing with an age appropriate student. It's great to see.
    I get the skeevies when a married celebrity claws a pro or vice versa and if the show is moving away from that crap the better..
    EnglishCadbury: We can agree to disagree. I have no problem with that. I do need to add that when I talk about "Sexy" and "Sensuous" I am not referring to him as a "romantic lead." Far from it.

    They kept trying to rein Maks in for his sex appeal and now I think they're doing the same to Val.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.