+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree274Likes

Thread: Zendaya Coleman & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 16

Re: Zendaya Coleman & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 16

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Also, given Zendaya's fanbase and the median age of that base, it's pointless to participate unless you're a robotweeting spammer for another star.

This whole season seems to be an excuse to boost Zendaya's career. Another fine product from ABC's parent company, Disney!

Yup it sure does seem that way
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

She is probably the main reason I decided to sit this round out & not bother watching. I am just plain tired of ABC recycling their soap/Disney princesses on this show. Sorry I just don't want to be bothered watching a 16 year old ringer dance.
    Then again....no Maks either.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    She is probably the main reason I decided to sit this round out & not bother watching. I am just plain tired of ABC recycling their soap/Disney princesses on this show. Sorry I just don't want to be bothered watching a 16 year old ringer dance.
    Then again....no Maks either.
    I am starting to feel this way

Its like to disney with the star
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fan

DWTS is beginning to really smell of ABC PR for their "stars." In the past week both Zendaya and Sean have been on Jimmy Kimmel for no really good reason. And I like JimmyK a lot and am really beginning to resent his show being used as an advertising platform by ABC. I know all the networks do it. I just don't care to have a 16 year old with not much in her head yet taking up interview time that Jimmy could spend with someone I might really want to hear talk.

(And yes Zendaya is sweet etc. She just hasn't had many real life experiences to talk about yet. For proof look at what she talked about: homework and her dog.)

I suppose people can get their shorts in a knot over anything, but Zendaya is so good and so likable that I just enjoy watching her dance. Val has been terrific in his choreography this season, it's not a re-tread of anything we've seen before, like re-cycled non Cha Cha's but fresh innovative work with intricate footwork and great chemistry, difficult to achieve with someone so young. And the cool thing is unlike others who felt the need to hide or lie about their dance training, Zendaya doesn't make any apologies, but does point out the differences in technique, that's she's learned to conquer in her limited 4 hour daily studio time.

Tonight isn't a Viennese Waltz it's a Waltz according to her twitter account, it's definitely going to be "old fashioned" so it remains to be seen if Zen will get the young ones to get excited about a Waltz enough to tweet about it. If she does, then that's awesome for someone so young to turn young people on to ballroom dancing. Standard Ballroom has always been my favorite syllabus, and if a young girl can breathe youth and vitality into standard ballroom dances more power to her.
    nanarama and ilja like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Nebula View Post
    DWTS is beginning to really smell of ABC PR for their "stars." In the past week both Zendaya and Sean have been on Jimmy Kimmel for no really good reason. And I like JimmyK a lot and am really beginning to resent his show being used as an advertising platform by ABC. I know all the networks do it. I just don't care to have a 16 year old with not much in her head yet taking up interview time that Jimmy could spend with someone I might really want to hear talk.

(And yes Zendaya is sweet etc. She just hasn't had many real life experiences to talk about yet. For proof look at what she talked about: homework and her dog.)
    I too thought she had nothing much to say on JK.I didn't see Sean, I have seen him before. So I can't think what else he has to say either. ABC is 'pimping' them both

I think I will record it, then I can FF through the couples I don't care about. I do like Derek and Kellie so I shall watch them Also Andy Dick- I want to see if he is able to get out of the bottom .Ingo is another guy I like.
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 04-01-2013 at 12:55 PM.
    -Andy Rooney-

Jimmy Kimmel was on repeats the week of the Bachelor finale so I think they just pushed back his appearance a week otherwise he would have been on the night of the Bachelor finale.

But I definitely agree about the Disney stars. I think they are trying to get more younger people to watch, but as sweet as Zendaya is she is a total ringer.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

FORT Fan

EnglishCadbury: I really like watching her dance. It's all the other stuff that ABC forces "their" contestants to do that I have a problem with. It's not something I spend a lot of time thinking about. But when I see/hear, basicaly a child being interviewed on national tv and she has nothing substantial to say the way it went with Zendaya, then I get the feeling I am being force fed something I would rather not swallow.

On her own and left alone to just dance I am sure that Z is very talented and worth watching. It's all that other stuff I find annoying.

(And yes I know I can change the channel. Jimmy is my laugh for the evening before I go to sleep. That's probably why this type of "interview" with Zendaya bugs me so much. )

So what if she's a ringer, she doesn't lie about her dance experience. Others this season have.

EnglishCadbury: I really like watching her dance. It's all the other stuff that ABC forces "their" contestants to do that I have a problem with. It's not something I spend a lot of time thinking about. But when I see/hear, basicaly a child being interviewed on national tv and she has nothing substantial to say the way it went with Zendaya, then I get the feeling I am being force fed something I would rather not swallow.

On her own and left alone to just dance I am sure that Z is very talented and worth watching. It's all that other stuff I find annoying.

(And yes I know I can change the channel. Jimmy is my laugh for the evening before I go to sleep. That's probably why this type of "interview" with Zendaya bugs me so much. )
    I'd rather not watch the Bachelor Sean, or a fake like Pickler, so I chose not to watch. That's simple enough for me.

+ Reply to Thread