+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree165Likes

Thread: *Dancing with the Stars Season 16 (Spoilers & Speculation)*

Re: *Dancing with the Stars Season 16 (Spoilers & Speculation)*

‘DWTS’ Cast Names Revealed: ‘Bachelor’ Sean Lowe & More

A source close to the show tells HollywoodLife.com exclusively that current Bachelor Sean Lowe, celebrity chef Bobby Flay, and Olympic gymnast Aly Raisman are the first three stars to have joined the show’s cast. Not only that, but an unidentified boxer is said to be in the mix, as well!

Our insider also tells us that San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick has been asked to flex his dancing muscles week to week, but the jury’s still out on whether his name will be announced on GMA.

Past ‘Bachelor’ Stars On ‘DWTS’
    The name we’re most excited about, of course, is Sean! Prior Bachelor alumni who have appeared on DWTS, including Jake Pavelka, Trista Rehn Sutter, and Melissa Rycroft have always done well. Melissa even took home the mirrorball trophy in Season 15!

Rumors had been circling that Sean had been asked to strut his stuff, with Us Weekly recently quoting a show source who said, “We would love to have him.” Eliminated Bachelor contestant Sarah Herron spoke with Ryan Seacrest on his morning radio show about the possibility, placing herself firmly on Team Sean.

“I think Sean could definitely pull it together to make it all the way on ‘Dancing with the Stars,’” she said. “He’s incredibly athletic and a quick adapter to all sorts of activities. So, I think he could do really good.”

‘Dancing With The Stars’ Cast Names REVEALED — ‘Bachelor’ Sean Lowe & More - Hollywood Life
    Is this old news?

It's been a rumor for a few weeks. If he does do it, Emily Maynard must be pissed. I think she was been hoping for a spot in a season for awhile.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Wouldn't it be hysterical if both were on?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I think Emily And Sean should be on oh my
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I think she would be pretty terrible so that might be fun to watch. But I don't think they would have both of them on one season.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

Emily was already on the show, oh no, my mistake. That was Holly, I get them confused

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

So the pro tally: Cheryl (ugh), Derek (double ugh), Tony, Maks, Val, and a new pro named Lindsey that was on SYTYCD last season. Anna and Chelsie are not back

I think I'm feeling DWTS with the burn out. It seems obvious who will luck out with the celebs, that the judges will be the same old same old blubbering unfair overscoring/overcriticizing idiots that they've been the last few seasons, and that we'll have horrible theme weeks that even make the pros look like amateurs and then get scolded by the 3 stooges because they weren't able to do whatever a proper chicken dance YMCA waltz was supposed to look like.

I think they need an overhaul of everything with this show: judges, pros, set, band, themes, producers. I'm not at all excited by any names rumored yet, and am hoping that the lack of spoilers might mean good celebs this season. But it'll be obvious by week 2 who is the favored group with TPTB and who will have the fanbase to go the distance, so we can probably call it then.

Kourtney Kardashian and Wynonna Judd are both rumored to be cast as well. No to anyone from the Bachelor franchise. Bobby Flay has reportedly said he is not doing the show this season.
    Last edited by karalott; 02-22-2013 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by umngirl View Post
    I think she would be pretty terrible so that might be fun to watch. But I don't think they would have both of them on one season.
    Well - if she was paired with Maks she would want to date him and viceversa ugh!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Apparently I was wrong about Maks being in, so if I really needed a reason to sit out this season, here it is (one Chmerkovskiy is no longer enough for me-especially if the original isn't there )

Maksim Chmerkovskiy -- I'm DONE with 'Dancing with the Stars' | TMZ.com

Maksim Chmerkovskiy's days of sequin unitards are OVER ... 'cause TMZ has learned the Bad Boy of the Ballroom is officially leaving "Dancing with the Stars."

Sources close to the production tell us ... Maksim spoke with producers a few days ago and informed them that he wouldn't be returning for the upcoming season.

FYI -- the 33-year-old dancer has been on the show since Season 2 (2006) ... and partnered up with stars like Misty May, Laila Ali, Erin Andrews, Kirstie Alley and Mel B.

We're told Maksim wants to stay in the entertainment world ... and is currently pursuing movie and TV projects.

As for Maksim's brother Val -- we're told he WILL return to the show ... so don't worry America, you'll still get your Chmerkovskiy fix.

Read more: Maksim Chmerkovskiy -- I'm DONE with 'Dancing with the Stars' | TMZ.com
    Visit the TMZ Store: TMZ T-Shirts, Tees, Mugs, Hats, Cups, Tank Tops | TMZ Store

So far the only rumored "star" I am looking forward to is Aly Raisman. I could do without bachelor retreads forever. I hope they come up with some better names than this.

+ Reply to Thread