+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree165Likes

Thread: *Dancing with the Stars Season 16 (Spoilers & Speculation)*

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Re: *Dancing with the Stars Season 16 (Spoilers & Speculation)*

When Dancing With The Stars decided to bring back celebrities from previous seasons “we thought it was a great idea,” Rasulo says. “Turns out people didn’t want to see people who could dance. They wanted people who couldn’t dance. So it’s not easy to be a taste-master in programming a network.
    It was a good idea, but they failed by pitting winners vs. all the others. It would have been interesting to see ONLY those who hadn't won. Or winners vs winners. Not both.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott
    When I heard that, I seriously thought it was a joke. What's next, 'digging for worms with the stars?' And yes, I'm sure plenty of reality star rejects would line up for that, too.
    HAHA! I think I mentioned Garbage men of Malibu or Proctologists of NY. TV is really scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff
    Mark or Damien are short enough for Honey Boo Boo...
    *SNORT* You meanie.

DWTS would be stupid to bring Emily on. With non-star Rycroft winning and Emily on next season would be the nail in the coffin for this show. Latin dances are all about sexuality/sensuality, if you can't sell that it falls flat. From my observations women who are comfortable with their bodies do well in this regard. The older women generally do better because they are comfortable in their skin and are able to let go of their inhibitions. Emily wouldn't be able to do that, I'd liken her ability to that of Martina Navratilova or Bristol Palin.
    karalott, Coco46 and jucamer like this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

As far as getting A-list stars, I still think the only way they could get an A-lister is to come up with some charity angle on the show that makes their appearance about something important to the star.

How about this:

The stars and Pros will continue to be paid as previous seasons. The difference is that all votes will now cost $0.01. The money collected via these votes will go to the star's charity. The longer the star stays in, the more money for their charity. This would convince some A-list stars to join the show--not only would they raise money for their charity from the votes but they could talk about their charity each week. The financial benefit to the charity could be far larger than the pennies collected from voters.

The practical drawbacks:

1. It would be easy to collect $0.01 on text messages but not so easy on facebook and web voting. As an alternative, sponsers could donate money each week based on the votes; the sponser could be different each week.

2. If the producers announce how much money is donated to each charity they have essentially revealed how many votes each couple received, which is something they want to avoid. There are ways around this, like announcing totals only when the star departs.

3. People might start voting for their favorite charity instead of the best dancer. This would be no worse than some of the current odd voting.

The practical benefits:

1. Will discourage people from voting with multiple accounts.

2. Will improve stars from C-list to B-list, maybe even A-list.

3. Change is major enough to give the show new life. People will think they are doing something good for a charity; there will be better stars; the focus will change.

Okay, it will never happen. But it could save the show.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    They should change the name from "Dancing with the Stars" to "Dancing with Wannabes"
    Everyone's idea of what's a "Star" is different.

Personally every season I have absolutely no idea who these Disney "stars" are & have no interest in them. I also have little to no idea as to who the models are. Sports figures, I usually know, but many don't. Most of the "hunks" fall into this category too, although I do enjoy watching them.
    As to the whole "this person has done nothing noteworthy" category, Bristol Palin is the poster child.

At least these Bachelor/Bachelorette have been on TV, just like all these other Reality TV people. I don't care to see most of them, but they're no less "stars" than many other contestants.

As to Emily, I'm sick of her too & want her to just go away, but I'd still watch the season if the overall cast is at all likeable. I'd just hope for her early dismissal. I sure hope she can't dance, so the chances of this early dismissal are better.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I don't want to see anyone on this show with the name or any relation to Kardashian, Montag, Pratt, Jenner, Honey Boo Boo, comes from the area known as Jersey Shore, or anyone who has been part of any "most dramatic rose ceremony ever!" Which brings me to:

The Bachelorette - Which Bachelor Nation Guy Wants on Dancing With The Stars?

Star magazine, via RadarOnline, reported that a commitment to DWTS was part of Emily’s Bachelorette contract with ABC, but Wetpaint Entertainment has exclusively revealed that Em is “not yet confirmed” to be part of the cast. (Translation: She’s definitely in the running, but nothing is official yet.)

Yet if Em somehow doesn’t make the cast, or perhaps even if she does, there’s another familiar face from Bachelor nation who would love to join her as a contestant.

But who is it: Bright-eyed sweetheart Ali Fedotowsky? Trained dancer Ashley Hebert? Nope, former contestant hoping for a chance to release their inner twinkletoes is actually one of Bachelor nation’s men — none other than Michael Stagliano.

On December 31, the official DWTS Twitter account asked, “Which reality star would you love to see on the #DWTS dance floor next? - Dancing With The Stars - ABC.com pic.twitter.com/3q9XXe4a”

On January 3, Michael tweeted in response, “@DancingABC honestly, I want to do it!!!#self-promo #lame #hadtobehonest”

Please, Michael: That’s not lame at all. We actually think you’d be fantastic on the show!

Fans who watched Jillian Harris’s season of The Bachelorette will remember that Michael is an expert break dancer — and he even used to be an instructor. Obviously, though, going on DWTS would require that he learn a variety of other moves.
    I've never heard of this guy, so either he was boring or not tabloid worthy (which means he might actually be nice?)

Someone else campaiging to be on the show:

Daniella Monet For ‘Dancing With The Stars’? | Daniella Monet | Just Jared Jr.

Daniella Monet For 'Dancing With The Stars'?

Daniella Monet is gunning for a spot on the new season of Dancing With The Stars — and JJJ would love to see her on it!

The 23-year-old actress tweeted a couple weeks ago, “Competing on @dancingabc would be a dream come true. I have 0 professional experience, but I’d give it everything!!”

She added, “I’ve never ballroom danced in my life! Anything other than beginner hip hop freaks me out!! @dancingabc.”

Former Victorious co-star Elizabeth Gillies and channel-mate Gracie Dzienny even want to see her on the program.

“YES! LET’S DO THIS!” Liz wrote.

Gracie added, “@DaniellaMonet for @dancingabc ! That would be like two of my favorite things combined…let’s make it happen people!!
    Never heard of her, but I doubt ABC would go for a former Nick star when they still have plenty of young Disney starlets they could use.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Michael Stagliano has been on a Bachelor product three times - the first as a contestant on The Bachelorette (Deanna - who married his twin brother) the second and third on the infamous Bachelor Pad where he won the first season. He is an aspiring musician/singer and a gad-fly with a big personality...sure to bring some drama.

The previous is NOT an endorsement.
    MountainBreeze likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Michael Stagliano has been on a Bachelor product three times - the first as a contestant on The Bachelorette (Deanna - who married his twin brother) the second and third on the infamous Bachelor Pad where he won the first season. He is an aspiring musician/singer and a gad-fly with a big personality...sure to bring some drama.

He's also a friend of Chelsie's... and no, this is not an endorsement, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post

Michael was a short, cute, somewhat spastic, immature acting contestant on Jillian's Bachelorette. He made it pretty far.
    Then he won Bachelor Pad with his ex girlfriend who pretty much led him on. Viewer sympathy for him was through the roof.
    He returned for the next Bachelor Pad & was kind of a manipulative jerk. He led on one of the girls pretty bad. She made it to the end, but then lost. He kicked her to the curb VERY coldly at the finale. He pretty much said "It was all for show & fun. You're nothing to me."No appoligies, no emotion, no caring at all. He came across as a first class jerk.

He's had his 15 minutes, and then some. I say "Go away, Michael. We're sick of you."
    YorkieMom likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Actually he was on Deanna's season. Remember during the F4 home visit when he and his twin, Stephen, tried to pull a switcharoo on her, but she wasn't fooled? Anyway, Deanna is now married to Stephen. She re-met him through Holly when Holly was dating - and engaged to - Michael.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fanatic

Michael was on Jillian's season. After so many seasons and so many contestants they all start running together though.
    Michael would have been better off keeping the audience sympathy he gained from his first appearance on Bachelor Pad, and not coming back. Don't know that he would fare so well on DWTS, since he was shown to be such a jerk his second time on the Pad. And that's only taking Bach fans into consideration. DWTS fans wouldn't even know who he was, only that another reality star had invaded their show.
    karalott likes this.

Okay - I looked it up and you are right.

+ Reply to Thread