+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree165Likes

Thread: *Dancing with the Stars Season 16 (Spoilers & Speculation)*

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: *Dancing with the Stars Season 16 (Spoilers & Speculation)*

A DWTS season would not be complete without a famewhore.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    A DWTS season would not be complete without a famewhore.
    I would add an S to that last word
    Florimel and KatesMom like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

I think they should have June on DWTS. They should give her to someone blond who's never had a real stinker of a "star."

'Dancing With the Stars' pro Maks: I won't dance with Honey Boo Boo or her mom
    By Ree Hines, TODAY contributor
    December 11, 2012, 11:06 am today.com

If Alana "Honey Boo Boo" Thompson was hoping viewers would one day get a chance to redneckonize her dance floor moves alongside ballroom bad boy Maksim Chmerkovskiy, she's bound to be disappointed. The "Dancing With the Stars" pro has no intention of waltzing his way to a mirror-ball trophy -- or anything else -- with the TLC reality star.

"She can go ahead and do ('Dancing')," Maks recently told "Extra." "I'm just never going to dance with her."

Ouch.

Plenty of polarizing reality TV personalities have hit the floor on the ballroom bash before, including multiples' mom Kate Gosselin, "Jersey Shore" star Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino and former teen mom Bristol Palin. But just how likely is it that the "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" tyke would really get a shot? According to Maks' little brother, Val Chmerkovkiy, who made it all the way to the finals on the last season of the show, not very.

"She's like 7 -- who's going to dance with her?" Val asked rhetorically just before he and Maks joked that recent winning pro Tony Dovolani, who's had his fair share of not-so-winning celebs in the past, might be a good pick.

But what about Honey Boo Boo's mom, aka Mama June? At 33, the coupon- and bingo-loving matriarch is certainly old enough to learn some samba hip shakes -- just not from Maks.

"I would not dance with the mother," the elder Chmerkovskiy insisted.

In fact, Maks hopes to see a higher caliber of stars on the show than what "Dancing" fans have come to expect.

"We also have a lot of reports that we need bigger stars, and I concur," he told "Extra." "I think that some, not all, of our stars have been of questionable backgrounds. But I don’t see Honey Boo Boo or any of her relatives having earned the right, because I think it’s an honor to be on the show."

Season 16 of "Dancing With the Stars" kicks off March 18 at 8 p.m. on ABC. The cast of stars has yet to be revealed.
    diva211 likes this.

Mark or Damien are short enough for Honey Boo Boo...
    karalott and AZChristian like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

I think June and Maks would make a good pair
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Mark or Damien are short enough for Honey Boo Boo...
    Give her to Mark. She's a much more adorable attention seeker, I'd love to see him try and dance until he's red faced and his spats fall apart.

Someone that I'm more willing to watch on DWTS: Dominique Maceau, former Olympic gymnast, is campaigning via her twitter and facebook to be on next season's DWTS.

If they're looking to bring new pros to the show, and want someone who's tabloid news worthy and known more nowadays for being a home wrecker and fighting with people on her twitter over bikini pics, maybe they'll cast Leann Rimes and give her her wish of having Benji Schwimmer as her pro (she said once she would only do the show if she could be partnered with him). Neither one would get my vote, but I'm sure there will be someone I'd dislike even more

Well I am really out of the loop as far as Honey Boo and her mom June - have no idea who they are.

I didn't comment here this season as I was following anothing DWTS site that only covers that program. When I first heard we were going to have an All Star season I wanted it to be just that, only people who had won in their season. I didn't want to see Bristol Palin, Pam Anderson, or even Kirstie or Melissa. I like both Kirstie and Melissa and, well No, I don't like Bristol or Pam, but I just hoped it would be only past winners. I figured they could have another season for those that did not win, but came close by being in the F3. Needless to say I didn't get my wish.

I have heard the rumor that Emily Maynard was interested, and I knew that if anyone would want to be on that show it would be her. I was one of those who watched her season, and at first I thought how could she even think of coming on that show after I had seen the show where she was on with Brad? She seemed so stiff and no personality. When her season started I saw a different side to her, and thought maybe she would be okay after all. I guess she had a lot of people fooled. When I heard what happened between her and Jef I quickly saw that she is indeed a fame whore in it's finest. All I could think of is her daughter Ricki, and what is wrong with that woman? I know what's wrong - I think she has a screw loose. Why would any mother put her daughter through this? Any decent mother would not. First Brad came into her life after her mom was on national TV and at least there she just seemed like a nice, very quiet person. Then when she was on last season I was yet fooled into thinking she had found her true love and Ricki would be happy. How long after the show did we start to hear the stories about her and Jef? How she actually paid him to pretend to still be together. I thought I had liked Jef, but after hearing that I am beginning to wonder about him as well. All I know is I am cured of ever watching that show again. It will not happen. I do feel extremely bad for her daughter, and can just imagine the teasing she must get at school. She tried coming off as this wonderful mom whose only thoughts were of her daughter, and not subjecting her to the cameras and only wanted one man to meet her. Guess that was all a crock.

If she is indeed on this show I will not be watching DWTS either. Unless I hear she is gone first and there are others that I might be interested in seeing. Ratings are not doing well for this show and their ideas of fixing it seem IMO to be down right ludicrous. It is too bad, as I love dancing and love to watch people doing something I so enjoy. More rumors of different pros leaving or taking a season off. Maybe this is another show that has just run it's course. One thing I know Emily Maynard is not the answer and from the sounds of it neither are this Honey Boo and her mom June.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Oh God no. I hope they no other reality show will ever have anything to do with her or her family. I'd rather see Sarah Palin herself as a contestant.
    karalott and Jaceegirl like this.

Since this is Grinch season, I can call her Honey Who Boo, who is far less cute than Cindy Lou Who.

OMG. Even ratings wouldn't warrant such a travesty as the Boo Who family. I'm with Maks in that they need some at least B Listers to bring up ratings. People from the arts such as Movies, Music, Literature, etc. who are Stars in their fields. No more reality tv personalities.
    AZChristian likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Since this is Grinch season, I can call her Honey Who Boo, who is far less cute than Cindy Lou Who.

OMG. Even ratings wouldn't warrant such a travesty as the Boo Who family. I'm with Maks in that they need some at least B Listers to bring up ratings. People from the arts such as Movies, Music, Literature, etc. who are Stars in their fields. No more reality tv personalities.
    There's more than enough B listers, and I'd even say well known C-listers, who've made it know they want to do this show. And that the producers could probably persuade easy enough if they were reluctant. But instead, they think they need drama, controversy, showmances, people who are famous for no reason or because of their last name. And then those people who can't dance for beans get overrated comments and tongue baths from the judges and scores they don't deserve. Then they act shocked when better and more likeable contestants are voted off. But for some reason, they can't figure out why their ratings are tanking They need a serious overhaul on this show. Other shows have done it, but DWTS tries and does all the wrong things.

I never watched Emily on either the Bachelor or Bachelorette, but she sounds pretty self absorbed and like a miserable person to be around from media reports. Somewhere, I saw a tweet someone sent Emily that basically called her out for being a famewhore. It was I believe one of the men attempting to woo her. But, because she's an ABC golden child that allegedly had it in her contract to be able to appear on DWTS, I feel like she'll get tongue baths to end all tongue baths from the judges, be overscored, have rainbow and sunshine praise from everyone, and make it through even if they have to bring back the dance off and WTA dance.

Hopefully her being on the show is just a rumor. I've see articles about whether the show needs younger judges, but why younger? Why not try a new concept and get judges who actually, you know, judge? I don't need to get another loopy CA who has her boy toys and falls out of their chairs.
    GabbyG and Jaceegirl like this.

+ Reply to Thread