+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
Like Tree165Likes

Thread: *Dancing with the Stars Season 16 (Spoilers & Speculation)*

Re: *Dancing with the Stars Season 16 (Spoilers & Speculation)*

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishCadbury View Post
    I've been reading that there is be a FINAL 4 instead of a FINAL 3, apparently Mark's mom Shirley Ballas mentioned it :
    Dancing With the Stars 2013: Season 16 Final to Be 4 Couples, Not 3? - Dancing With The Stars

So it would make sense to see Zen/Val Kellie/Derek Jacoby/Karina and Aly/Mark there, which is interesting because if it comes down to these 4 would this be the first time Derek and Mark -the brothers from a different mother are against each other as finalists? I wonder how their votes will go?

Also, this week there's going to be an immunity dance-off and everyone has to prep 3 dances. I pretty much hate the dance-off idea, but what Sharna said OTRC interview, is everyone dances, the top score has automatic immunity. Everyone else has to dance for immunity from elimination, I guess like survivor.
    Oh, of course they want a way so the judges can manipulate the results. I hate that. Just let it happen the way it happens. They have to meddle.

I could be all wrong, and no disrespect intended for fans of Sean, but I wonder if this immunity challenge is to keep him over Andy. Andy has signed on to a tv show pilot and said it would be a very difficult week for him if he stayed. Andy has been a fan favorite and I suspect this might be the way to say good bye to him since the fans seem to be pulling for him over Sean at this point..

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishCadbury View Post
    I could be all wrong, and no disrespect intended for fans of Sean, but I wonder if this immunity challenge is to keep him over Andy. Andy has signed on to a tv show pilot and said it would be a very difficult week for him if he stayed. Andy has been a fan favorite and I suspect this might be the way to say good bye to him since the fans seem to be pulling for him over Sean at this point..
    I think the immunity challenge is almost a sure-fire way to make sure these two are in the bottom. They don't really care all that much about which one of them leaves next, just as long as it's one of them. Andy is gaining fans by the week it seems while Sean is becoming less supported and less relevant as the next season of the Bachette will having promos starting soon so Sean's purpose of bridging the gap is almost through.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

Sean made a nice little nest egg. I think he should be happy with how far he came, I like him

Andy, well I have never voted for him, sometimes I enjoy, sometimes I cringe. We all knew this would happen. the others are way better, its that simple.
    ilja and sparklete like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by umngirl View Post
    I think the immunity challenge is almost a sure-fire way to make sure these two are in the bottom. They don't really care all that much about which one of them leaves next, just as long as it's one of them. Andy is gaining fans by the week it seems while Sean is becoming less supported and less relevant as the next season of the Bachette will having promos starting soon so Sean's purpose of bridging the gap is almost through.
    I understand. I guess what I'm seeing is there's somebody not pulling the fan vote, that's why these dance offs were created in the first place. I remember Roshon winning all the dance-offs but still landing in the bottom 2. It was a way to keep him on the show. Who knows, Zendaya could be in trouble with the vote, since we have no idea if the twitter world actually picks up the phone or goes on line to register to vote.

They've had the dance-off before but I don't remember the particulars. I think it was during season 14. In that case extra points were awarded to the one of the two deemed better by the judges. At least I remember something like that.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    They've had the dance-off before but I don't remember the particulars. I think it was during season 14. In that case extra points were awarded to the one of the two deemed better by the judges. At least I remember something like that.
    Wow! What a beautiful avatar.

As for the dance-off, I don't like them. Isn't that how the stars get hurt by throwing too much at them?
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

I think this is different than some of the dance-off's they've had before. In season 9 it was the bottom 2 after the fan vote it was a knock out dance. If you lost the dance off you were gone. In season 12 the winner got 15 points added to their score, everyone else got zip. I remember it was particularly nasty for Ralph Macchio fans, since Chelsea Kane won it and Ralph went home. There was no way anyone could surpass an extra 15 points. When Roshon was on Season 14 he won the Dance Duals.. against Gladys Knight and Melissa Gilbert and he got as far as the quarter finals. So I think the idea is to keep the good dancers on, at the expensive of the ones who are more popular with the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by umngirl View Post
    Week 7 dances known so far per PureDWTS
    Sean & Peta- Rumba
    Andy & Sharna- Rumba
    Aly & Mark- Salsa
    Zendaya & Val- Paso
    Ingo & Kym- Rumba
    Kellie & Derek- Samba
    Jacoby & Karina- ?
    UPDATE from DWTSgossip: Ingo and Kym have Salsa and Jacoby and Karina also have Salsa.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Mark and Derek were against each other as finalists with Jennifer Gray and Bristol Palin -- but does that really count?
    That's right! I hadn't thought of Bristol.

+ Reply to Thread