+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
Like Tree165Likes

Thread: *Dancing with the Stars Season 16 (Spoilers & Speculation)*

Re: *Dancing with the Stars Season 16 (Spoilers & Speculation)*

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishCadbury View Post
    I'll agree to disagree. Argentine Tango is neither Ballroom or Latin, and AT purists cringe at this show because the ballroom trained pros are far too aggressive with this circular not marching style of dance. As seasons went on the pros have got better, and some, like Cheryl have gone to Buenos Aires to learn, but they all base the style in Ballroom a Totally different animal. I would say most of the pros have some sense of Jazz and Contemporary as evidenced by Lyrical Rumbas, and interesting show dances, and I welcome the opportunity to advance their skills and creativity
    I say good for them.Its never too late to improve your skills
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

It looks as though the first Tues show will be a recap night and, once again, we will see two Monday performances before an elimination.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    It looks as though the first Tues show will be a recap night and, once again, we will see two Monday performances before an elimination.
    I wish they'd do that every season. I really feel like we see a difference in week 2 performances, and that it really lets the first night jitters and comments get out of the way. I'd rather get to see more of what a celeb can do (and maybe see more of their personality if they're more of an unknown). Still debating whether I want to get fully invested in an entire season or just watch the couples I want to see online.

I watched a video of the boxer Victor and the new pro Lindsey; while I didn't see his dancing, and don't hold out much hope for him lasting long, I was actually pleasantly surprised by his personality. I still think they'll be an early exit, but maybe they'll be the surprise of the season.
    nanarama likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I wish they'd do that every season. I really feel like we see a difference in week 2 performances, and that it really lets the first night jitters and comments get out of the way. I'd rather get to see more of what a celeb can do (and maybe see more of their personality if they're more of an unknown). Still debating whether I want to get fully invested in an entire season or just watch the couples I want to see online.
    I agree completely. These contestants put a lot of time & effort into just the first show. I think they should have a chance to dance twice & be judged accordingly before someone gets kicked to the curb.

I considered skipping this season, but the excitement has been building for me. They'll get at least 2 weeks before I reassess. There are an awful lot of contestants that I either don't know or don't care about. The few I do are bringing me back.
    Last edited by Miss Scarlet; 03-18-2013 at 02:19 PM.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

To the Point

This is the first season I have any interest since the first couple of seasons. I've watched pieces of shows here and there, but very little. I like several of the "celebrities"...Kellie Pickler (she should be fun), Dorothy Hamill, Ingo Rademacher, Sean Lowe. Don't know if any of them will be able to dance, but I will tune in to at least see. I am sure there may be others of interest but I was just naming names off the top of my head.

Here's the dances for next week according to @DWTSGossip

Prom Night Theme

Jacoby and Karina Rumba
    Ingo and Kym Paso Doble
    Kellie and Derek Jive
    Wynonna and Tony Samba
    Andy and Sharna Cha Cha
    Sean and Peta Cha Cha
    Lisa and Gleb Viennese Waltz
    Aly and Mark Viennese Waltz
    Victor and Lisa Contemporary

DL and Cheryl and Zendaya and Val = to be determined, based on last week DL and Cheryl may get a Latin dance and Zendaya and Val may get a Ballroom dance.

FORT Fogey

I'm trying to picture Wynonna doing the Samba. OY!

Ingo and Kym in the Paso Doble. YUM!

My dilemma is trying to watch this show and The Voice, which I also love, while at the same time recording Mike & Molly. I can only record two shows at once, and I have to be watching one of them.

Cheryl just Tweeted that she and DL will be dancing Salsa

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    I'm trying to picture Wynonna doing the Samba. OY!

Ingo and Kym in the Paso Doble. YUM!

My dilemma is trying to watch this show and The Voice, which I also love, while at the same time recording Mike & Molly. I can only record two shows at once, and I have to be watching one of them.
    I have this dilemma a lot, so I make note to watch one either On Demand the next day, or online at the network website. In your case I would watch DWTS so you can choose for voting, The Voice later or the next day and track down Mike and Molly.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Wynonna doing the samba. Looks like they're trying to counter her strong voting base with harder dances so she doesn't stay forever...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread