+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 38 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Like Tree165Likes

Thread: *Dancing with the Stars Season 16 (Spoilers & Speculation)*

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: *Dancing with the Stars Season 16 (Spoilers & Speculation)*

Seems like a typical cast with the typical partners. Tristan must be becoming the new Tony, because Pamela is the youngest he's had, but I have a feeling that he'll be partnering those in the Gladys/Nancy/Dorothy age range unless he gets lucky. At least Dorothy might have more natural ability than his previous partners. Excited for her, Wynonna, DL, and Kellie. The others I either haven't heard of or don't care about. Even though I'm all about paying your dues, I wish they'd give the newbies better contenders so the audience can get to know them. I feel like some new pros have real potential to become huge fan favorites and show some impressive choreography, but never get that chance.

I wonder how troupe member Oksana feels that she got passed over for someone who came into the troupe after her and someone from a completely different show getting promoted over her.

So Derek and Kellie will no doubt be in the semis or finals, Mark will be more of an obnoxious ham and douche because he doesn't have to lug his partner all over the stage (the better the partner the worse he overdances-I'll pray for you Aly), Jacoby will be in the finals, there will be a "shocking" (not really) early elimination, a better dancer will be underscored and nitpicked while a worse dancer is overscored because of their pro/ABC connection/fan appeal, CA will call out for lifts when she feels like it, and Bruno will dance with his arms and almost take out Len while he's spouting some metaphor and rolling his rs. Do I get it all?

I like D.L., but am so bored by Cheryl, I hope they're an early exit. At least Kym is back, so that almost makes up for losing Anna and Chelsie Not overly excited by the cast. Val looks to have a strong contender, so that's the bright side. With or without Maks, I was not feeling this season before the cast was announced. Still don't know if I'll watch.

I think Sean Lowe, partnered with Peta, is the 12th celeb and they're waiting until the Bachelor finale to reveal it.

What a dreadful cast! I love Cheryl and Kym, and I adore ballroom, but the only celeb I have any interest at all in watching is Dorothy Hamill. I'll definitely watch with remote in hand and probably mostly watch the pro dances. The less I see of Carrie Ann, the better, I anticipated a disaster this season and the show has met my expectations.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I still want my Dorothy Hamil haircut. Maybe it will make a comeback while she is on the show (if she sports it, of course.) So, Sean is still a possibility? Oh, my.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Pairings:

Wynnona Judd - Tony
    D.L. Hughley - Cheryl
    Jacoby Jones - Karina
    Lisa Vanderpump - Gleb Savchenko (new)
    Andy Dick - Sharna Burgess (former Troupe)
    Victor Ortiz - Lindsay Arnold (new)
    Zendaya Coleman - Val
    Aly Raisman - Mark (ugh)
    Ingo Rademacher - Kym
    Kellie Pickler - Derek
    Dorothy Hamill - Tristan
    Oh Zendaya. Make her another name I recognize (but don't care to see).

Ingo! He and Kym are going to look so hot together. After watching him for years on GH, I have no idea if he can dance. I hope so!

Annoyed as hell that Derek and Mark get cute little partners who will easily make it far in the competition, at least in Mark's case. Not sure if Kellie can dance.

Poor Tony. After a one partner reprieve, he's back to a partner who has no chance of winning.
    karalott and diva211 like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    What a dreadful cast! I love Cheryl and Kym, and I adore ballroom, but the only celeb I have any interest at all in watching is Dorothy Hamill. I'll definitely watch with remote in hand and probably mostly watch the pro dances. The less I see of Carrie Ann, the better, I anticipated a disaster this season and the show has met my expectations.
    I agree, its dreadful. I watch every season with remote in hand, I used it a lot last year
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Ingo! He and Kym are going to look so hot together. After watching him for years on GH, I have no idea if he can dance. I hope so!

Annoyed as hell that Derek and Mark get cute little partners who will easily make it far in the competition, at least in Mark's case. Not sure if Kellie can dance.

Poor Tony. After a one partner reprieve, he's back to a partner who has no chance of winning.
    Won't matter if she can dance, she'll still make the semis or finals based on Derek. He could get Dina Lohan the mirrorball-and the judges would no doubt lap it all up like they usually do. Derek doesn't annoy me half as much as he used to (or maybe it's because Mark has gotten that much more annoying).

I'm disappointed but not surprised that Mark got Aly. I guess it's his compensation for not getting Shawn or Sabrina last season. I wish he wasn't so short and could have been stuck with Wyonna or the Real Housewives lady.

Not the worst cast ever, but underwhelming. I'll see what people are saying, but probably just stick to watching the ones I want to see on Youtube or online elsewhere. I love chatting with the FORTers, though! That makes any bad DWTS season worth it.
    Last edited by karalott; 02-26-2013 at 04:44 PM.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

I think Andy Dick will bring in ratings as people are going to want to see if he acts as crazy as he does in real life.

I'd consider watching just for Ingo and Kellie but the Voice usually runs the same two nights and I prefer that over this show. If they made changes to the judges table that might bring me back as well. Since they're not, I'll be happy ogling Blake and Adam!
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    I think Andy Dick will bring in ratings as people are going to want to see if he acts as crazy as he does in real life.

I'd consider watching just for Ingo and Kellie but the Voice usually runs the same two nights and I prefer that over this show. If they made changes to the judges table that might bring me back as well. Since they're not, I'll be happy ogling Blake and Adam!
    I never liked Andy Dick and have liked him less as the years go on. I think he'll be an even more annoying version of Adam Carolla and Jeffrey Ross (combined). He might try and be seen as more serious, but somehow I don't feel like it's going to come off well. I don't know if he'll be a first out, but I think he'll be out early. I don't know what type of fanbase the boxer or Real Housewives girl have, so I'd potentially peg them as early ousters (especially with new pros).

I never thought I'd say this, but I miss Lacey and Dmitry And still long for the days of Edyta, Alec, and Jonathan.
    Florimel likes this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Andy Dick for the win!

But he'll probably be the first boot.

+ Reply to Thread