+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2223242526272829303132333435 LastLast
Like Tree490Likes

Thread: 11/27 DWTS Finale Part 2 Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fan

Re: 11/27 DWTS Finale Part 2 Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post

I hope not .Good lord, it just showed how bad the dancing was in previous seasons

I loved Derek, and him coming in second is fine with me . Look who they beat out !!! Shawn seems fine, she said you only had to look at Melissa face, and it was right for her to win.

As for Melissa, my friend pointed out, she has never seen anyone appear on ET as much as she was during DWTS. They were really pushing this girl to be the likable one that had never won. I am glad she won, I just don't need to see her again.I still think she will be hosting somewhere on ABC.
    I completely agree and fully expect to see Melissa somewhere again on ABC in the near future. It felt like TPTB were pushing her on to win since the very first week.
    march likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnydayz View Post
    I completely agree and fully expect to see Melissa somewhere again on ABC in the near future. It felt like TPTB were pushing her on to win since the very first week.
    That's the feeling I got.Guess what- it worked, but kudos where due, so did she
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Well, I didn't see anything of the sort. TPTB weren't pushing Melissa - IMO they wanted Derek to go out on a win - but he blew it with his huge ego (assuming he could break the rules without consequence). I really enjoyed Derek this season, but that left a bad taste in my mouth (and from the outcome with many others as well).

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Melissa was up for consideration along with Brooke for the job when Samantha left. Brooke won the position.

After Season 8, ABC News took her on as a specialty reporter for GMA. She would go the odd places - amusement parks, cruise ships for those light hearted pieces after the half hour mark. Then she filled in with other ABC properties as a "reporter". Season 9 she also did backstage bits for DWTS, much like Carson did this year. And, don't forget that she and Joey Fatone were fan voted to perform a Paso Doble during a Season 10? results show. Then CMT network approached her and Tye with a reality series produced by Ryan Seacrest. It followed them in their move from Dallas to LA and back to Dallas with year old Ava in tow.

I apologize for hijacking the show thread with Melissa information.
    But now Brooke is ill, I was wondering if she took time off, if indeed Melissa would replace her. I think so
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 11-29-2012 at 07:50 PM.
    -Andy Rooney-

I was thinking about this last nite while baking cookies.

Do I think ABC would/could alter the vote...YEP I sure do. Do they read this message board & many others like this...I believe they do.

Think about it, when it was obvious that not too many people liked Cheeta Girl...wooops, the MOST SHOCKING ELIMINATION...EVER PART II. When sentiment turned against Giles, again he was gone within a week or 2. Brooke may have to take sometime away from the ballroom & who is the perfect replacement host...(okay yes Carson but that will never happen). Kelly already works for ABC & Shawn is just too young & inexperienced to do the job. Little Miss Sparkley PomPom Melissa fits the job description but the only problem was she did not have a mirror ball...well that an be fixed. I am happy for Tony but in all honesty I don't remember a single dance she did. I remember Kelly's Surfer/Flamenco. I will never forget Shawn's Banghra or her African Samba.

Think back people...wasn't this fan site founded mainly because many of us openly questioned the validity of the actual relationships of the contestants on The Bachelor? I think many of us were bouned from their site because of that.
    march likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I was thinking about this last nite while baking cookies.

Do I think ABC would/could alter the vote...YEP I sure do. Do they read this message board & many others like this...I believe they do.

Think about it, when it was obvious that not too many people liked Cheeta Girl...wooops, the MOST SHOCKING ELIMINATION...EVER PART II. When sentiment turned against Giles, again he was gone within a week or 2. Brooke may have to take sometime away from the ballroom & who is the perfect replacement host...(okay yes Carson but that will never happen). Kelly already works for ABC & Shawn is just too young & inexperienced to do the job. Little Miss Sparkley PomPom Melissa fits the job description but the only problem was she did not have a mirror ball...well that an be fixed. I am happy for Tony but in all honesty I don't remember a single dance she did. I remember Kelly's Surfer/Flamenco. I will never forget Shawn's Banghra or her African Samba.

Think back people...wasn't this fan site founded mainly because many of us openly questioned the validity of the actual relationships of the contestants on The Bachelor? I think many of us were bouned from their site because of that.

Well said, I think ABC has a lot to do with the winners, and how long each couple stay. But to be fair, that isn't just this time, I have often thought it.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I think shows have staff who pay some attention to twitter but not message boards anymore, if they ever did. Boards are notoriously negative and viewed as full of angry, unhappy people by production.

DWTS sees itself as a cut above the rest and they may be when it comes to viewer voting. I think many vote who pay no attention to the internet. It probably has the widest viewing demographic of them all.

If the judge's scores reflect their favorites then they do. Simple as that. I doubt they gauge their voting to comply with public opinion.

Brooke will not need a replacement. She will be long over her recovery by next season.
    Need40winks, ilja and jucamer like this.

DWTS sees itself as a cut above the rest and they may be when it comes to viewer voting
    I didn't know that. I also heard this AS , viewership was down, and many people who liked the show stopped watching. Bottom line, its a reality show.
    -Andy Rooney-

I've been wondering IF Melissa will be the next co-host. Didn't she do it once or twice in a previous season? OR am I confusing it with Entertainment Tonight?

I've to say... while I was quite happy that Tony finally won.... I was completely put off by his excitement.. leaving Melissa and running around celebrating without her. Come on now... she IS mostly the reason WHY they won. I know that Tony made up the dances but Melissa performed them really well.

As a cancer survivor there are never any certains & I hope Brooke a speedy recovery and good health. Wouldn't the new season of DWTS start in February?

Like all reality shows there comes a point when the show is over. Many reality shows I loved to watch I grew bored with & stopped watching. I think I am about at that point with DWTS.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

+ Reply to Thread