+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree283Likes

Thread: 11/26 DWTS Finale Part 1 Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: 11/26 DWTS Finale Part 1 Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

I forgot that point already, March, but I didn't like that Melissa's freestyle was contemporary. That's not even a dance they're taught on Dancing With the Stars! I wish they had stuck with a ballroom dance, since that's what they've been scored on all along.
    CharmOffensive likes this.

So....

I wish Shawn had done something without any gymnastics just to show everyone that she is the best dancer. As it is she just reminded me that she is a better gymnanist than the others. I suspect that Derek & Shawn felt that they could get away with their rule violations because they had the fab five there to bring in votes. And he knows that if the judges gave him bad scores it would just encourage more people to vote for him.

Kelly and Val are an interesting couple. I have to give her credit for improving every week. But I think she is the bottom of the F3, at least in terms of skill.

I've always been a fan of Melissa and Tony. On her previous season I always cringed because she was doing well, but looked so uncomfortable. This season she looks so much better. I liked that they did two diverse styles of dance.

I think Melissa has picked up fans since the last time Shawn beat her, but I fear it is not enough.

Wouldn't it be great if the producers made an exception, this one time for the season of the stars, and showed the actual final scores?
    Need40winks and jucamer like this.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I seriously doubt Derek would have listed to anything Shawn had to say. They should have either did their Mambo, Banghra or revised their Quickstep. When I saw Shawn dressed in her QS attire I knew she was toast & Melissa will FINALLY get a mirror ball of her own.

I did appreciate Shawn's freestyle dance while maintaining her gymnastic skills & intergrating almost evry style of ballroom dance. That somersault from Dereck's shoulders...wow!
    This info is only worth what you paid for it but, I read on another board that supposedly one of the troupe memebers told an interviewer that Shawn/Derek had wanted to do the Banghra number but the producers nixed it! Don't know if it's true, just what I read. I would have loved to see that again, though!
    Last edited by zookeepertx; 11-27-2012 at 02:14 PM. Reason: edited because I can't spell

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I forgot that point already, March, but I didn't like that Melissa's freestyle was contemporary. That's not even a dance they're taught on Dancing With the Stars! I wish they had stuck with a ballroom dance, since that's what they've been scored on all along.
    Oh, but the couples were already assigned dances outside the normal range of DWTS: Banghra & Contemporary (fusion week) at the very least! And there have been a number of hip hop freestyles, which is not a commonly assigned DWTS style. As far as I can tell, ANYTHING goes on freestyle night! (Which is okay with me; I LOVE the freestyles, most of the time )

Quote Originally Posted by zookeepertx View Post
    This info is only worth what you paid for it but, I read on another board that supposedly one of the troupe members told an interviewer that Shawn/Derek had wanted to do the Banghra number but the producers nixed it! Don't know if it's true, just what I read. I would have loved to see that again, though!
    I believe that! I think the producers have a lot to say( probably too much) in what they can and cant dance. Its ticks me off! I wish they would stay out of it, because everyone criticizes Shawn for only being a gymnast and only doing those moves. . The Banghra number was very difficult, maybe they wanted them to do something else so they wouldn't show up the others. Pffft!
    fireflyer likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I think I'm more excited about DanceCenter being back than I am about finding out who won!

I've always been a Derek fan, but I'll say this much: He & Shawn made a mistake choosing their fave dance. The judges were looking for something that the couple could bring a new approach to, and they basically did the same dance, and not even as well as they did it the first time, or even the second time when they had the encore.

But I won't mind if they win anyway. This may be Derek's last season, so I've just been enjoying his choreography while I still can. I wonder if they will mention anything on the show. Maks had been talking about leaving too, but he seemed to backtrack on that since the news broke.
    fireflyer likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Ė Abraham Lincoln

I'm not a Kelly fan but I thought the ariel silk work she did was really pretty and graceful. I can't imagine how tough that was. I wasn't thrilled with the rest of it because, as Len said, it wasn't original. But the beginning was just beautiful.

I loved Melissa's dance. One thing you can say for her...her balance is spot on. And holy hell...tony holding her up there...he's stronger than he looks!

I liked Shawn's freestyle but they totally ripped off P!nk from the AMA's last week with that first lift. P!nk held the guy up though which just floors me. I thought the part where Shawn was standing on Derek's shoulders and he leaned forward was awesome. I was holding my breath because it looked like she was going to face plant. That was the only moment that floored me though during that routine.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

@JavaJo I loved Melissa's dance. One thing you can say for her...her balance is spot on. And holy hell...tony holding her up there...he's stronger than he looks!

I so agree, the things they were doing were fabulous and took a lot of strength. I told my husband that Melissa has a lot of core strength the way she can hold her legs out waist high and do those lifts. That is hard! She does it like it is nothing. Tony is strong! That star lift was beautiful and to me they did some very difficult moves given their size, they are both tall and it's much harder when you are. I'm so impressed with Melissa. I think Tony is just delighted that she can do so much and does whatever he says, catches on quickly and it's just like when any teacher has a great student, it's a joy and very rewarding. I think they are adorable together, I know, so shoot me! lol I know some don't care for her but I think they are a great team reminiscent of the days of the old movies we love to watch with Fred and Ginger. I love watching them dance with joy and precision. I am so happy they made it to the end so that we got to see them all of the weeks the show was on. I'll miss watching when the show is over. I really enjoyed watching this time and was glad there were no cringe worthy participants this time.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by RickiRick View Post
    So....

I wish Shawn had done something without any gymnastics just to show everyone that she is the best dancer. As it is she just reminded me that she is a better gymnanist than the others. I suspect that Derek & Shawn felt that they could get away with their rule violations because they had the fab five there to bring in votes. And he knows that if the judges gave him bad scores it would just encourage more people to vote for him.

Kelly and Val are an interesting couple. I have to give her credit for improving every week. But I think she is the bottom of the F3, at least in terms of skill.

I've always been a fan of Melissa and Tony. On her previous season I always cringed because she was doing well, but looked so uncomfortable. This season she looks so much better. I liked that they did two diverse styles of dance.

I think Melissa has picked up fans since the last time Shawn beat her, but I fear it is not enough. Wouldn't it be great if the producers made an exception, this one time for the season of the stars, and showed the actual final scores?
    I know the viewers are not supposed to vote for a couple for this reason, but I'm hoping TONY's fan base carries them to the top, whether Melissa has enough fans or not. Along those lines, I hope people have had enough of Derek winning, can see that Kelly is by no means the best of the three and might be turned off by the shmaltzy showmance at this point ... and therefore more likely to vote for Team [Melissa and] Tony!
    luvlady345 and AZChristian like this.

Random thoughts, observations and opinions . . .

I'm still hoping Melissa and Tony pull off a win. Bluntly, more on Tony's behalf, rather than Melissa's. From everything I've heard, read and witnessed about him during the run of this show, he (like Kym, for example) is one of the finest dancers and nicest pros. Is he Derek, in terms of choreo? No. But, after all the time he's put in, and at least ONE of the harridans he's been saddled with ---*cough* KHATE *cough* --- high damn time for him to win.

Yep, I'm factoring in the dancing aspect of this, too.

Sorry, but Shawn and Derek basically put on gymnastics routines pretty much the whole season, IMHO. And I'm laying being the catalyst for that at Derek's feet, moreso than Shawn's. Derek's flouted the rules before (and got called out for it by Len on at least one other occasion that I remember right this second, when he danced with Nicole). And to echo several of you, above, when he gets called out, he tries to cover up/gloss over what he's done by working the old "We want to please the FANS!" war cry. I mean, how stupid does he think we are? Please. He got one of the all-time great gymnasts as his partner for his last season, and he played that to the hilt.

OVERPLAYED it, actually.

Kelly?

Sure, she's improved as a dancer from her first go-round. Is she dancing on water, now, though? Hell, no. She ain't THAT good. Personally, IMHO, I think she chose to oh-so-obviously segue from a dancing to a "showmance" focus as the show rolled along in order to try to keep our interest up and going with what's "going on" between her and Val OFF the dance floor. Which, I suppose, was SUPPOSED to suck us into The Lovers aspect of what they were doing, and make us focus on their actual dancing not so much. Misdirection. Which was/is TOTALLY unnecessary and cheesy. I mean, she should absolutely remember from her first go-round that as a player on "GH", her fanbase was on lockdown. THAT'S why she WON the first season. There is only so much nibbling on each other that I want to see. If they are/were going to do all that, then somebody should sign Val up for a guest romance plotline on "GH" with her, just to return the favor.

Just like Shawn's gymnastics, I do not watch this show to get a bellyfull of Kelly's soap opera plotlines with her partner, either.

Here's crossing my fingers for a BIG Tony finish!

JMHO.
    Last edited by ness; 11-27-2012 at 06:29 PM.
    AZChristian and jucamer like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread