+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree283Likes

Thread: 11/26 DWTS Finale Part 1 Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 11/26 DWTS Finale Part 1 Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

1. I didn't see what was so great about Melissa's freestyle. Hmmm.... Just didn't!

2. Kelly's freestyle was mediocre.

3. Shawn's freestyle was beyond awesome.

4. HOW COULD Derick break the rules, yet again!?! This makes no sense to me in the finals. Heck, the finals are all about numbers!! His/their thinking was just plain dumb! They should/could have chosen any one of their other routines and not have faced this decision.

5. Kelly and Shawn's fanbases are going to be duking it out to the finish....BIG TIME.

6. I think Shawn will win by a close margin (due to her lower judges' scores), followed by Kelly (due to her being overscored on her freestyle), followed by Melissa.

7. I'm not emotionally invested in any of these three talented women, because I wanted Apolo, so I'll be fine with whoever wins. Congrats to all three of them!
    Last edited by tinderbox; 11-27-2012 at 10:21 AM.
    march and sunnydayz like this.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Before I read everyone's thoughts and posts, I want to comment on Derek. Yes he is a great choreographer, but I am SICK of him using the excuse that he's pleasing the fans & giving them what they want in order to BREAK THE RULES OF THE DANCE!!!!!! The fans will love what you put together if you follow the rules too. But no, he thinks he is the golden child (no thanks to the judges) and doesn't have to listen. This isn't the first time he's done it and it is getting out of hand!!!

That being said, I NEVER vote and last night I did for the very first time for Melissa. I thought both her dances were fantastic. She has shown all season that she is growing as a dancer. I truly hope that she takes that mirror ball.
    NFL1, ness, Jamie5632 and 8 others like this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I agree with Tinderbox. I think the close race will be between Shawn and Kelly, due to fanbase. Melissa will be the first out and I think Shawn will edge Kelly out for the victory. It's hard to compete with the popularity of an Olympian. I doubt even a soap star could outdo that.

I would be happy for Val if Kelly won, though! I've always wanted him to last longer in the competition but he keeps getting saddled with losers. I'm thrilled that he made it to the finals with his partner this time.

I'm ok with whoever wins.

. HOW COULD Derick break the rules, yet again!?! This makes no sense to me in the finals. Heck, the finals are all about numbers!! His/their thinking was just plain dumb! They should/could have chosen any one of their other routines and not have faced this decision.
    I think DWTS likes it when someone breaks the rules, like the fake romance, the judges give the right amount of tsk tsk and finger pointing. Derek is a professional, do you really think he would jeopardize his win ? . They said they did something fun and enjoyable for the fans, if that's so, as a fan I thoroughly enjoyed it. Its not all about the trophy, its about fun! surely we remember that Kirstie and and Maks were there just to have fun! well ditto for Derek and Shawn.

I liked Apolo, I didn't miss him or Gilles in the F3.

That being said, I NEVER vote and last night I did for the very first time for Melissa. I thought both her dances were fantastic. She has shown all season that she is growing as a dancer. I truly hope that she takes that mirror ball.
    She is a dancer, so she doesnt have to grow that much. I wouldn't be displeased if she were to win.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Impressions from the finals --

Kelly and Val were really very good. Only one small bobble which should have kept her out the 10's category, but otherwise very good. I thought Val's violin playing and Kelly's ariel stunts were creative and original, so I wasn't sure why Len commented that it lacked originality, or creativity, or whatever he said. Overall, they did very well, but based on dancing alone, her season was not mirror-ball worthy in my estimation.

Shawn and Derek stayed with the status quo. Their repeat dance was all gymnastics. Their freestyle was all gymnastics. Whoopee, Shawn's a great gynmast. We already knew that. She didn't stretch herself to do something new and original at all, she just brought in the American Heroes as a distraction. I wasn't impressed. Their willfull disregard for the rules is insulting to the judges, to the show in general, and to all the other contestants that are following the rules. I know that when some viewers vote, they don't necessarily care about any of that, but as a viewer, I feel insulted as well. They aren't above it all, and it makes me dislike them.

Melissa and Tony had a perfect night, beyond the perfect scores. Their repeat dance was one that could be improved upon, and they did, earning a 30. Their freestyle was not only an opposite style and feeling from the repeat dance, showing Melissa's range in dancing ability, it was a style they had never done before. And they earned a 30. I'm not sure we've ever seen someone do a completely new dance in the finals, and do it perfectly. That alone is mirror-ball worthy in my book. Melissa is actually dancing, and continuing to push outside the comfort zone. I agreed with Len, too bad he didn't have an "11" paddle.

In the end, the combination of Shawn's and Derek's fanbases will be difficult to beat, but I still hope for a Melissa/Tony win. To me, they are the winning allstars. But who knows, Kelly's soap fans could still pull off an upset.
    ness, xmaskat, luvlady345 and 9 others like this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

FORT Fan

All my votes went to Shawn and Derek. The increasing level of difficulty in their dances impressed me this season. I loved their freestyle. Go Shawn!
    Florimel and Rattus like this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    Kelly and Val were really very good. I wasn't sure why Len commented that it lacked originality, or creativity, or whatever he said.
    Their freestyle routine was mostly taken from a scene in Dirty Dancing so I think that's why he said it lacked originality. Maybe he thought they should dress like Baby and Johnny but do their own thing. I, on the other hand, appreciated the recreation of the scene! I suppose they could have pushed the envelope more for their freestyle instead of borrowing from a movie so I kind of see his point. Compared to past freestyles, it wasn't as original and tailor-made for the couple.
    Alexxxx and Midol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnydayz View Post
    All my votes went to Shawn and Derek. The increasing level of difficulty in their dances impressed me this season. I loved their freestyle. Go Shawn!
    Mine did as well.
    PA Snow Bunny and sunnydayz like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    She is a dancer, so she doesnt have to grow that much.
    Sorry for the double post.

Fanny, you know I luv ya, but I have to take issue with this comment.

Melissa's prior dance experience is cheerleading. I don't believe she has had any other dance training outside of cheerleading, has she? Shawn is a gynmast. A gymnast's floor routine is full of dancing. Just based on watching my daughter through the years who was a cheerleader, gymnast, and dancer, I'd say Melissa and Shawn have had very similar prior dance training. Then there's Kelly, the actress. Not all, but certainly a huge number of actors and actresses have some dance training in their bag of tricks. Voice training too, for some (ever seen Nashville? awesome). My point is that all of our finalists probably have had some prior dance training before DWTS.

Having said all that, this season I don't think any of that matters anyway. By virtue of being all-stars, all of this season's contestants have prior ballroom dancing experience. I think they all started this season on a level playing field. It's up to them to grow.
    combatcutie, GabbyG, Midol and 1 others like this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    Sorry for the double post.

Fanny, you know I luv ya, but I have to take issue with this comment.

Melissa's prior dance experience is cheerleading. I don't believe she has had any other dance training outside of cheerleading, has she? Shawn is a gynmast. A gymnast's floor routine is full of dancing. Just based on watching my daughter through the years who was a cheerleader, gymnast, and dancer, I'd say Melissa and Shawn have had very similar prior dance training. Then there's Kelly, the actress. Not all, but certainly a huge number of actors and actresses have some dance training in their bag of tricks. Voice training too, for some (ever seen Nashville? awesome). My point is that all of our finalists probably have had some prior dance training before DWTS.

Having said all that, this season I don't think any of that matters anyway. By virtue of being all-stars, all of this season's contestants have prior ballroom dancing experience. I think they all started this season on a level playing field. It's up to them to grow.
    Took the words out of my mouth. Thank you!!! As for Shawn, I love her, but her dance was more gymnastics than dancing IMO
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread