+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree283Likes

Thread: 11/26 DWTS Finale Part 1 Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 11/26 DWTS Finale Part 1 Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi View Post
    @midol because it is fun for us
    I agree it is just for our amusement, I just wish they had them dance without scoring them...that part seems useless.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    IMO, Melissa's free style was the most over rated dance of the season.
    I know! I was expecting so much more.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Actually I thought the fierce five were terrific dancers - better than Shawn and Derek. But, I agree that it stacked the deck for Shawn. With the fan bases contributing tonight, I think it will be Shawn - winner, Kelly - second, and Melissa - third.

I did all I could to vote for Melissa tonight. I loved their freestyle. I like that Tony used it to highlight Melissa's strengths as a dancer and that it contrast their fast Samba. At least I have a lot of fun youtube videos to watch when I want my fix.

ETA: The MISSING DANCE CENTER has a segment tomorrow night!!!! At least one of the fillers will be very enjoyable.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 11-27-2012 at 12:25 AM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Lol, you know what's weird? I felt that this season, the freestyles, were lackluster. But I'll try to think of positive things for each.

Believe it or not, I enjoyed Kelly's and Val's, freestyle the most. I just felt it was different, from the others. I liked Val playing the violin, it wasn't bad, or atrocious, like some opinionated, I did find the troupe part, overwhelming, though

Melissa's and Tony's were nice, it wasn't that exciting, but it was pretty to watch. I like how they took a risk, but I thought Maks and Erin did a contemporary first?

I actually expected more from Derek, usually he produces the more entertaining freestyles, with the competitors he's competing, with, but this season, ehh... I actually expected more gymnastic moves, so they cut down, good for them.

FORT Fogey

Hooray for Dance Center being on tomorrow night! But if I have to watch two hours of the rest of the shlock just for Shawn and Derek to win it in the end (and see Spats running out on the floor to share in the glory), I will be extremely PO'd! Melissa and Tony for the win! I will cry when I see how happy Tony is!
    Shoepie, nanarama, Coco46 and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Actually I thought the fierce five were terrific dancers - better than Shawn and Derek. But, I agree that it stacked the deck for Shawn. With the fan bases contributing tonight, I think it will be Shawn - winner, Kelly - second, and Melissa - third.

I did all I could to vote for Melissa tonight. I loved their freestyle. I like that Tony used it to highlight Melissa's strengths as a dancer and that it contrast their fast Samba. At least I have a lot of fun youtube videos to watch when I want my fix.

ETA: The MISSING DANCE CENTER has a segment tomorrow night!!!! At least one of the fillers will be very enjoyable.
    Its is?? well now thats worth recording.I love dance center!!

I think Derek choreographed to Shawn's strengths. I think it was all about her regaining something back, her confidence was so much better and she seemed happier.Even if she doesn't win - its been good for her.No doubt Derek is leaving on a high note.
    It will be LOL if there is an upset and Kelly and Val win. Val wins a trophy before Maks , after all these seasons

As for Tony, he and Melissa dropped the brother and sister look thank goodness. She didn't seem as happy( nervous maybe) as she has been all season.jmho
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I am so bored with Melissa & Kelly. I saw nothing exciting or interesting in the dances they did. It was just plain out and out dullsville.
    march and Florimel like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I'm excited and a weeeee bit hopeful that Tony and Melissa will win. Though I would be pretty surprised what with Shawn's gymnastic talents and Derek's fantastic choreo abilities. I absolutely adore Derek's choreography and do give Shawn her due for her tenaciousness.

In the beginning, I was rooting for Kelly and Val but something changed along the way. I still think they have a pretty good chance because of the Maks' fans and the last of the soap fans of which I am one.

While I have always liked Melissa and do not hold her large teeth against her, I wasn't really all that gung-ho for her to win at first. It wasn't until a couple of weeks ago, when I started taking stock of who was left that it hit me that Melissa and Tony actually deserved the win this time around. I have found their hard work and never say die attitude to be quite inspirational and would be thrilled if they actually pulled it out.

Either way, I'm glad I watched this season. I've enjoyed all the couples and admire their courage to take a chance at making a fool out of themselves on national TV for this sometimes silly, sometimes serious, sometimes tense, sometimes light-hearted amateur dance competition. I agree taking great risks can lead to either greater failure or greater reward and we often learn much more from our failures than from our rewards.

Now if you'll excuse me as I jump off my soapbox that I'm sure was not influenced in the least by these pain pills following my oral surgery today to remove my 2 bottom wisdom teeth. Hmmmm, maybe that's why I'm feeling dumb and dumber.
    jucamer likes this.

FORT Fogey

Dial Idol shows Shawn winning with a green dot and the other two with red. It is unusual for them to be so sure. Well, DI, pfffffft you are wrong!

Very happy about Dance Center tonight!
    jucamer likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I wish Apolo and Gilles had made it to the finals. I wasn't as impressed with some of the performances as the judges were and I think Kelly should have lost more points in her first routine for failing to make a connection. It was obvious and the judges even pointed it out, yet, Len and Bruno still gave her 10's.

I was really unhappy with Shawn and Derek purposefully bucking the rules. I wish the other judges would have deducted more from their score, like Len did. However, in the end the judges' scores don't really seem to matter. We've seen contestants go home after getting perfect scores from the judges and people who got the lowest scores from the judges continue on so we'lll see what the at-home voters decide. I just don't think it was necessary for Shawn to break the rules to win. She's a good enough dancer on her own. What would happen if she broke the rules in the Olympics??? She likely would not only risk getting a low score but could be disqualified from the competition as well. She of all the contestants should know that rules are in place for a purpose and they're to be respected.
    Last edited by pikachu; 11-27-2012 at 08:40 AM.
    NFL1, GabbyG, KrazeeKy07 and 2 others like this.

+ Reply to Thread