+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree251Likes

Thread: 11/19 DWTS Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 11/19 DWTS Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Sorry, but Emmitt's dances are putting me to sleep. He's almost becoming the Kirstie of the group that is left. I don't dislike Kelly as apparently so many people here do. And one Chmerkovskiy is better than none! He was showing a lot more tonight than Gilles was after that Gangnum dance, and everyone was hating on Gilles for that. Apolo is very good, but I don't see him as winner material. Shawn is technical perfection, but as a couple of the judges said, she lacks passion, drama and intensity. For me, it's not only in that particular dance, but in all of them, and I don't want to see Derek win again. It's Tony's turn, and Melissa is doing a fantastic job! Tony would be over the moon if they won. I'm rooting for them.
    Tobi, luvlady345, nanarama and 3 others like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I'm watching at a weird time tonight because I got home late and had to watch the DVR'd version.

LOVED Tony and Melissa's caveman hustle - a very creative mix of theme and music.

I'm in the minority, but I thought the Knight Rider thing with Derek and Shawn was a disjointed hot mess, and I didn't even recognize the Knight Rider theme (if that's what it was supposed to be).Apolo and Karina's jazz number didn't do much for me. Ditto Emmit and Cheryl.

And as weird as it was, I liked the surfer flamenco.
    Add me to the minority. "Hot mess" were exactly the words that came to mind for me after that number. I thought for sure that's what the judges were going to say. Couldn't believe they didn't! They've become Derek derriere-kissers.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Seriously Carrie Ann? Are you watching the same dances I am? Why is this Fly Girl even on this show?
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I didn't like the first half It was silly - can we please get over the made up dances( nothing like this next season) . I thought Shawn and Derek were very good. ( very) . I did like Melissa's and Tony caveman dance, as odd as it was. The rest were I agreed with CA. Apolo was off more than once. I do love him though ( sigh)

Second half I really liked Melissa and Tony( those lifts!! )it was maybe a little gymnastic, but very good. I hated to see her cry , and she must eat some cheeseburgers when this is over- the girl is fading away

Derek and Shawn- Awesome. They were just so damn good.

Apolo and Karina - also Awesome. He danced so well. I would love these three to be in the finale, if not, they all danced their best

Emmitt and Cheryl, he's good, the footwork was bit sloppy & tired - he's not my fave

Val and Kelly
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Just my opinion: Derek and Shawn truly deserved the highest scores tonight... they are leagues above the other 4 contestants. I do concede that Shawn seems a little emotionless (or maybe her head is just moving so fast we can't catch a glimpse of her face?)...but her dancing is effortless, whereas with every other contestant you can see effort written all over them. I don't really enjoy watching them dance when I have to be nervous the whole time about whether or not they'll mess up.

I don't have that worry when Shawn and Derek dance. They've got it. So, I have the freedom to simply watch and be awed.

Someone could make the argument that Shawn has an advantage because of her gymnastic background, but if we're comparing backgrounds, then Melissa should have the ultimate advantage because her's is DANCE itself. Therefore, Melissa should be head-and-shoulders above Shawn and the others, but she's not... she's just average with them.

In the end, I am hoping the most polished couple wins. To me, it seems Derek and Shawn have the most polish.

I've seen some folks write that it would be boring to have Derek win yet another mirror ball, but to me it makes sense that if he won the most in the regular seasons, he's likely to win the all-star season. i.e. when you're the best repeatedly, it's logical that you may be the best of the best.
    Tobi and justCoz like this.

That banghra dance deserves a post all it's own. At first I agreed w/ Midol that it was like the Bollywood dance,... except these Banhgra moves were much less natural, much harder to achieve, and were rapid-fire, one after another after another.

I can't imagine Emmett doing that same dance... not a chance. Nor could Kelly. Melissa would try but would compromise either rhythm or presence--she couldn't maintain both up to Shawn's level. Appolo? Maybe...just maybe Apolo could've done Banghra.

Please excuse my spelling.

That was the best dance performance I've ever seen on DWTS.
    (But wait, I'm sure it was just a few weeks ago that I said the same thing about another Derek & Shawn dance.)
    Anyway, impressive beyond all belief.

Things I could've done without: seeing Val in his "swimsuit" undies. Well it was okay for the short little splash scene, even highly entertaining! But as soon as the dance was over he should've wrapped that cape around himself. Undies are fine for the dance, but not for conversing afterwards. Too awkward.
    Another thing I could've done without: Yet another Val implication about how petite-but-perky Kelly is. We get it Val, you want to grab her boobs, but please, just don't. And keep your lust off-camera.
    Another thing I could've done without: Emmett & Cheryl. There were just there, but blah.
    Another thing I could've done without: Val starting to pull a "Maks", expressing his dissatisfaction with the judges' opinion. If you don't agree, just check your ego, say thanks, and move on.

Things I loved: the editing of the Val/Kelly hug to romantic music, sharply interrupted by "Get a room" as the joyful music droops. Best editing.
    Another thing I loved: not 1 but TWO episodes of costume changes in the Val/Kelly surfer dance. Good courage!
    Another thing I loved: that Apolo FINALLY showed some budding chemistry with Karina during a dance (his last dance). Chemistry was missing in the first 1/2 of Rhumba, but then it crept in when they breathed each other, and built until the crescendo end where I guess he thought he would bed her on the floor, but then remembered he was on TV.
    Another thing I loved: the Caveman hustle. I don't even remember if it was Kelly or Melissa, but the dance itself with the costumes was something I'd enjoy seeing at a local variety show. Adorable.
    Another thing I loved: Len's hair getting all frazzled in the fray when Bruno was trying to get at Carrie Ann. Poor Len's head!
    And of course, the banghra! I hope that's the dance the judges want to see repeated tomorrow!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post

I suspect that Mark must be tied up and chained to a post in the back of the studio. Otherwise, there's no way he wouldn't be out there in his spats and one glove, moonwalking and grabbing his crotch.
    Lolololol! I almost spit my morning coffee out just now...
    AZChristian likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

At the rate we're going, DWTS could just hire Shawn on as one of the pro dancers and be done with it. She's just THAT good. The only thing she's lacking at this point is the ability to express the appropriate emotions / facial expressions for the dances.
    jucamer likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

My predictions for going home are Apolo and Emmitt. That's not what I want of course, since I'm a fan of Apolo. I'm just worried that Kelly's fanbase will carry her through and those two would be the next in line to go. Shawn and Melissa definitely deserve to move on to the finals.

I was going to call in votes for Apolo but the phone line was busy immediately after the show so I was going to wait a bit but then forgot until it was too late for me to call in my time zone. I hope that the fact that the circuits were busy meant he was getting lots of votes. I don't know, though, when it's busy if that's for ALL calls coming in for all contestants, or if it's just the line for Apolo that's busy.

+ Reply to Thread