+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree139Likes

Thread: 11/13 DWTS Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 11/13 DWTS Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    Gilles is very classy. He kind of knew he was going and wanted to let Apollo pick his dance theme for the next week.

Gilles really gave it his all....fantastic dancer and athlete. I hope we see more of him.
    Good catch -- I didn't pick up on that at first. I wonder if he asked Apolo because he assumed it was over for him? Interesting...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

I thought he did that since he was naming dances while Apolo was choosing for him...and one he said was Merengue (sp? Lol.) and that's what Apolo gave him...so I think he was just returning the favor.

I'd have to re-watch to be sure though.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Going on fan base, Melissa will probably go next. I like her and don't want that to happen but it is not about dancing; it is about fans.
    I don't know how Melissa is perceived among the general public (those who might not have ever watched the Bachelor but know her from DWTS), but I know that a lot of people seem to really like Tony, so I am hoping that he and Melissa will pick up a lot of Gilles' and Maks' fans, and they will now vote for Melissa and Tony. Tony is so happy having a partner so that he doesn't have to dumb down his choreography for them, and he actually has a real chance to win the competition!! It will be such a shame if he and Melissa don't at least make it to the finals. I would love for them to win it all.

I was shocked that Gilles was eliminated last night, but I am not surprised that some people felt like he was acting differently from his first time. I don't think that I would say that he was being arrogant, but he just seemed like he was hyper and not the laidback person that he was with Cheryl. To me he just seemed like he was trying too hard to impress people, if that makes any sense at all. Gilles lost some of the very things that made people embrace him and pull for him the first time around. I just can't put my finger on exactly what it was that changed though.

And some have commented that Emmitt and Apolo are not as entertaining or doing as well this season as they did the season that they won. Emmitt is truly not a dancer and does have to rely a lot on his charisma and charming personality, but he is having to go up against much better competition this time around. He isn't the best dancer and probably won't win, but I still enjoy watching him dance. So, I accept his limitations and don't expect him to be able to keep up with Shawn and Derek or the better competition. The same could be said for Apolo. But I also wish that Apolo had been paired up with Chelsie instead of Karina. I am not sure that Karina was the best choice for him....just my opinion....but they seem to lack the chemistry that often helps sell the dance. I think that he and Chelsie would have had better chemistry, and her choreography might have better suited him.
    Need40winks, chrisg and jucamer like this.

I for one am thrilled that Gilles will no longer be on my tv. I just got over him this season. Now I won't have to split my votes anymore. Okay now who is Miss Sourpuss?
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    I was shocked that Gilles was eliminated last night, but I am not surprised that some people felt like he was acting differently from his first time. I don't think that I would say that he was being arrogant, but he just seemed like he was hyper and not the laidback person that he was with Cheryl. To me he just seemed like he was trying too hard to impress people, if that makes any sense at all. Gilles lost some of the very things that made people embrace him and pull for him the first time around. I just can't put my finger on exactly what it was that changed though.
    I just addressed this indirectly a little in Kirstie's thread, Longhornfan, and I really think that Gilles is under a tremendous amount of pressure to build a career as a successful working actor and that may be the source of inconsistent behavior from him. I know people who have been and are on that difficult road of trying to build and maintain a career as a working actor and you get an enormous amount of conflicting information from agents and managers about your public image and how you should present yourself and it is potentially very difficult to know how to stand up them when they have handled the careers of other successful actors.

I get the feeling that Gilles thinks/is being advised that he needs to project sexy and I also think he took this competition very seriously because he is on that tough road of trying to build steady work for himself and this mattered to him much more than the athletes in that sense. I think underneath it all he is most likely still the guy many of us loved from his first season but those pressures are really squeezing him and I really empathize with that and wish him nothing but the best in his career and life going forward.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I for one am thrilled that Gilles will no longer be on my tv. I just got over him this season. Now I won't have to split my votes anymore. Okay now who is Miss Sourpuss?
    I'm not sure, but I assumed it was Kelly. She never seems happy & always looks like some tragedy just happened. Like her dog just died or something.
    AZChristian likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I'm not sure, but I assumed it was Kelly. She never seems happy & always looks like some tragedy just happened. Like her dog just died or something.
    There's a description in one of the Harry Potter books where Harry is talking to Draco Malfoy about his mother, and refers to "that expression she's got, like she's got dung under her nose."

That's how I think Kelly looks - like she thinks she's all that and a bag of chips.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    There's a description in one of the Harry Potter books where Harry is talking to Draco Malfoy about his mother, and refers to "that expression she's got, like she's got dung under her nose."

That's how I think Kelly looks - like she thinks she's all that and a bag of chips.
    Wheew...I was beginning to think I was the only one who was noticing that. The only thing I ever recall seeing Gilles in is the Sex In The City movie...not that he did much...ahem...acting...nice tush though.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

FORT Fogey

This season is showing me two things. One that none of these people really were that good of dancers just the others on their seasons were horrid, and that the pros are really the ones that seal a lot of the votes for the stars.

Apolo got the shaft big time getting Karina. I think they assumed because he is a good guy that he could get along with her, but there is just no chemistry at all. Chelsie would have been perfect for him, and I do think that Helio with his more laid back attitude might have suited Karina better. I have never seen Apolo look as miserable as he does in this season. Too bad because he is my favorite star, but Karina just is over the top in her bitterness and takes things too seriously.

I am so glad Kirstie is gone. She drove me nuts with her silliness. I also cannot get over how classless it was for her to come out about Patrick Swayze with him being gone. That is just not good, and I think it is no shock that she went home the next vote after that.

I am not a Melissa fan, but I will say it again she is adorable with Tony this season. I would love Tony to get the mirror ball in the All Star season never even having won one ever before. That would be justice for all the partners he has endured over the seasons, and maybe make the Producers give him some more good ones to work with. I think they are a great partnership.

I like Val and Kelly dancing just fine, but they are a little too much in the inuendo of them two together for my taste. Like has been stated above, she seems so insecure to me that sometimes it comes across as arrogant, but I think she is truly deep down insecure. She reminds me of a sixteen year old girl.

Emmitt I just do not care about. I know that is mean, but his dances just are filler to me. He is nice enough, but I am not a Cheryl fan, and they are just not drawing me in.

So over Derek, but I am sure Shawn will win at this point. If she did not go home on their mess up this week, she probably will. How utterly boring to have Derek with what fifty mirror balls already and than take the All Star season too.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg View Post
    I just addressed this indirectly a little in Kirstie's thread, Longhornfan, and I really think that Gilles is under a tremendous amount of pressure to build a career as a successful working actor and that may be the source of inconsistent behavior from him. I know people who have been and are on that difficult road of trying to build and maintain a career as a working actor and you get an enormous amount of conflicting information from agents and managers about your public image and how you should present yourself and it is potentially very difficult to know how to stand up them when they have handled the careers of other successful actors.

I get the feeling that Gilles thinks/is being advised that he needs to project sexy and I also think he took this competition very seriously because he is on that tough road of trying to build steady work for himself and this mattered to him much more than the athletes in that sense. I think underneath it all he is most likely still the guy many of us loved from his first season but those pressures are really squeezing him and I really empathize with that and wish him nothing but the best in his career and life going forward.
    That makes sense. Now I can see why I thought that Gilles was sort of approaching the competition as a "job". He seemed way to uptight and overly concerned with the scores and the judges comments. What seemed to come naturally for him the last time just seemed forced this time around.

+ Reply to Thread