+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree166Likes

Thread: 11/5 DWTS Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 11/5 DWTS Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Jacegirl I totally agree. Apolo & Karina were vastly underscored. I have always said TPTB influence the judges....but I will continue to watch.

Apolo & Shawn just keep getting better where, at least it seems to me, the others have either hit their plateau or started to decline.

Am I the only person who thinks Mark, instead of maturing with age, have become a man/boy? Hs stupid breakdance probably cost Shawn the elimination dance. Who in their right minds, unless they have nothing to lose, would utilize that style of dance in a swing dance competition???? Those styles are separated by at least 3 generations!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I agree they weren't told, how about they ask then? its easy enough to ask . Apolo was underscored but thats what going first always does.
    Snow Bunny and FM, we all seem to be on the same page in agreeing that Apolo and Karina got hosed on the scoring because they went first. But, as we all know, the DWTS Stooges have more than a tendency to play by rules that they make up on the fly.

Case in point: Was it last season, or season before last, that on the very first night, every couple was scored clear into the stratosphere? Which meant that for the rest of the season, after scoring everybody so very high straight out of the gate, The Stooges basically spent the rest of the season underscoring couples that deserved better?

In a fair world, they'd score everybody as is appropriate for what they've put on the floor. But we KNOW that ain't gonna happen.

Snow Bunny . . .

Mark?

Couldn't agree with you more.

He seems to be regressing mentally to the point that the things that he does seem to be very childish and
    "LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME!" and just do not make any conceivable scintilla of common sense. I'm no dancer. But, BREAKDANCING? IN A SWING MARATHON? Yeah, I believe he cost Shawn the win, there. And yep, I still agree with Shoepie in that Derek was able to put the brakes on Mark in the fusion dance, but had absolutely no control at all over what he did during the swing marathon.

Personally, I think it's time for Mark to take a couple of seasons off.

Something is very rotten in the state of Denmark, there.
    Last edited by ness; 11-08-2012 at 11:22 PM.
    jucamer likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Mark?

Couldn't agree with you more.

He seems to be regressing mentally to the point that the things that he does seem to be very childish and "LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME!" and just do not make any conceivable scintilla of common sense. I'm no dancer. But, BREAKDANCING? IN A SWING MARATHON? Yeah, I believe he cost Shawn the win, there. And yep, I still agree with Shoepie in that Derek was able to put the brakes on Mark in the fusion dance, but had absolutely no control at all over what he did during the swing marathon.

Personally, I think it's time for Mark to take a couple of seasons off.
    HELLO!!! PRODUCERS!!! Please listen to ness. She's 100% correct.
    jucamer likes this.

Snow Bunny and FM, we all seem to be on the same page in agreeing that Apolo and Karina got hosed on the scoring because they went first. But, as we all know, the DWTS Stooges have more than a tendency to play by rules that they make up on the fly.

Case in point: Was it last season, or season before last, that on the very first night, every couple was scored clear into the stratosphere? Which meant that for the rest of the season, after scoring everybody so very high straight out of the gate, The Stooges basically spent the rest of the season underscoring couples that deserved better?
    I think that was last season wasn't it? after awhile they all blur into one.

I am sure they scored everyone way too high , then had no place to go.

Monday, I think Kirstie and Maks were scored way way too high .Apolo and Karina were so much better than them
    ness and Jaceegirl like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I agree they weren't told, how about they ask then? its easy enough to ask .As for Shawn and Marks dance being easier to do fusion lets not forget they didn't choose it. It was still the best dance of the night.I cant say I am worried about them going anywhere. Apolo was underscored but thats what going first always does.
    Fanny I guess I should have been more clear they (Karina) did ask and that was what she was told. That is why she was upset. I did say I loved Shawn and Marks dance. For me they are the top two couples. Everyone had their dances picked for them, but the Producers picked the combinations and still think the combination of two slow dances versus two with one being slow and the other fast is harder to blend. Not only slow versus fast, but different combinations also require different emotions. I know going first normally gives lower scores, but Emmitt and Cheryl went second and received higher marks. I personally don't think their dance was better than Apollo and Karina. I still stick by what I said going first was one reason, but another reason was the judges were looking for blended dances. I also think Apollo and Karina have been underscored during the season except for the time they received their perfect score. Just as Len underscoring Shawn most of the time until they had their perfect score. I think Apollo and Shawn are the top two dancers at this point and would be very disappointed if he left this week. I think they both deserve to be in the finals and I agree I am not worried about Shawn going, but am concerned for Apollo. I also wonder why going first has to mean automatic lower scores.
    Last edited by Jaceegirl; 11-09-2012 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    Fanny I guess I should have been more clear they (Karina) did ask and that was what she was told. That is why she was upset. I did say I loved Shawn and Marks dance. For me they are the top two couples. Everyone had their dances picked for them, but the Producers picked the combinations and still think the combination of two slow dances versus two with one being slow and the other fast is harder to blend. Not only slow versus fast, but different combinations also require different emotions. I know going first normally gives lower scores, but Emmitt and Cheryl went second and received higher marks. I personally don't think their dance was better than Apollo and Karina. I still stick by what I said going first was one reason, but another reason was the judges were looking for blended dances. I also think Apollo and Karina have been underscored during the season except for the time they received their perfect score. Just as Len underscoring Shawn most of the time until they had their perfect score. I think Apollo and Shawn are the top two dancers at this point and would be very disappointed if he left this week. I think they both deserve to be in the finals and I agree I am not worried about Shawn going, but am concerned for Apollo. I also wonder why going first has to mean automatic lower scores.
    Ah! I didn't know she had asked .They are harder on Apolo and Shawn because they are that good
    -Andy Rooney-

With Mark...the very first week when he was meeting at Bristol in Alaska I got the impression that he was 30 something white man trying to act like a 20 year old black guy. The vernacular in which he spoke...sorry Mark any way you slice it you are white & I don't even know how old he is...I just don't care. I was bored of his over dancing his partners for years so if he went bub bye for...well ever I wouldn't shed a tear. Perhaps he does need to go back & just teach in his studio in Utah where he is clearly in his dream age group. I am glad Derek was there to reign him in or who knows what kind of fusion dance he would have chorographed from Shawn. While no fan of derek I have to admit he brings out the best in his partners.

I can/will honestly say I never voted before on DWTS. This year changed for me & I used every vote I had available to vote for Shawn because I really think she is a good dancer who is getting better each week. So she breaks the rules a bit from time to time. This past week I split my votes between Shawn & Apolo not because I didn't think Shawn danced great but because I don't want to see Apolo get the boot.

I will be doing the happy dance if Giles gets the boot on Tuesday. I am just so sick of him & his sexiness that only he thinks is sexy plus I am sick of him taking his shirt off...give it a break! Don't get me wrong...I used to love Giles in his season but dear Lord he just annoys me this year...fake temper tantrums...nope.

I apologize for amy spelling/grammer mistakes. I am on week 4 of bronchitis & home from work and on antibiotics & codine cough syrup so right now the world is pretty.
    ness, AZChristian and jucamer like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

This past week I split my votes between Shawn & Apolo not because I didn't think Shawn danced great but because I don't want to see Apolo get the boot.
    I did the very same thing. Please dont give Apolo the boot- please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

enjoy your pretty world
    ness and Jaceegirl like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Aw, Bunny . . .

Sure do hope your world stays pretty while you navigate through the bronchitis!

I'm so sorry!

Hope you feel real better, real soon!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

When are the result shows now? Once every two weeks?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    When are the result shows now? Once every two weeks?
    No, the format will go back to the same. The election made this go non routine last week. The scores from last Monday will be added to this Monday and there will be a double elimination on Tuesday.

+ Reply to Thread