+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617
Like Tree213Likes

Thread: 10/30 DWTS Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 10/30 DWTS Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

I have been enjoying this season more than previous years.

I have no issue with it!

And I don't care who wins!
    Tobi and maude~flanders like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I have been enjoying this season more than previous years.

I have no issue with it!

And I don't care who wins!
    LOL.That's the spirit!!

I dont care who wins either
    MsDiva2007 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I finally watched this week's episodes and OMG, the song Apollo and Karina danced to is a perfect example of why many people don't like country music. UGH. Totally cringe-worthy. Uber schmaltz.

I know exactly what Carrie Ann is saying about a lack of connection between Karina and Apollo. I feel a disconnect too. They just don't have the chemistry on stage that some of the other couples have It has nothing to do with whether or not their relationship is good. Getting along and having good chemistry are two different things.

Not sad to see Sabrina go, but why couldn't we have kept Louis!? He never gets partners who are good dancers, so it was fun to see him not have to dumb things down yet again.
    karalott, Shoepie and jucamer like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I finally watched this week's episodes and OMG, the song Apollo and Karina danced to is a perfect example of why many people don't like country music. UGH. Totally cringe-worthy. Uber schmaltz.

I know exactly what Carrie Ann is saying about a lack of connection between Karina and Apollo. I feel a disconnect too. They just don't have the chemistry on stage that some of the other couples have It has nothing to do with whether or not their relationship is good. Getting along and having good chemistry are two different things.

Not sad to see Sabrina go, but why couldn't we have kept Louis!? He never gets partners who are good dancers, so it was fun to see him not have to dumb things down yet again.
    Guess that's where opinions differ because for me, it's Gilles and Peta. Physically they may look striking together but I feel no connection between them. They're trying so hard to be sexy with their raunchy routines that it's coming off as desperate. Same can be said for Kelly and Val. They had a nice chemistry in the beginning but now they're forcing it and it's turning me off. I really don't need to see Val groping Kelly or trying to make out with her every time they're on the dance floor. I get it. You guys are insanely hot for each other (for the cameras at least).

I felt the chemistry with Apolo & Karina in their Viennese Waltz. Felt it in their foxtrot too. I was initially worried about them using "Skins" because it is such a heavy song but Karina created such a beautiful routine. Apolo's not an actor like some of the other celebs. For someone not used to showing emotions I saw a softer, romantic yet still understated side of him. He looked so light and airy out there. Loved how Apolo called their dance "exhilarating" afterwards.

I just can't say enough about how impressed I am with his dancing this season, especially his ballroom routines. Interesting because in season 4 with Julianne, I preferred his Latin dances. But then, a lot of that was despite Julianne, who IMO was very savvy in creating flashy, crowd-pleasing routines that put all the focus on HER and not her partner. I mean, if you compare the two Sambas Apolo did, I can see why people might find the one with Julianne more entertaining but in terms of the actual techniques, the one this season was far superior. It's why I prefer him with Karina so much more. She's actually working with him as a dancer, and trying to highlight him as much as possible. I appreciate that she hasn't been filling his dances with a lot of fluff and smokescreens like other pros. Instead she's creating competitive, pro-level routines for him but maybe that's not coming across as entertaining to tv audiences?

I finally got a chance to see this past week's show. You guys were correct. Apolo's dance was something special.

Go Team Apolo & Team Shawn.
    BTW, mesachick and Fanny Mare like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

A little late to the hoe down, finally got around to watching the show.

Gilles & Peta Loved the dance, but not Gilles' outfit.

Sabrina & Louis Ugh. Overdanced.

Kelly & Val S'ok. She comes across as unlikeable. Hard looking--just like Karina.

Melissa & Tony A one trick pony.

Shawn & Derek I'm enjoying her dancing this year, she has grown so much. Even the romantic/sexy dances are more believable than last time.

Kirstie & Maks That was nice. Great solo. You show 'em how it's done Kirstie!!

Apolo & Karina I very much enjoyed that dance. Still don't think their chemistry is all that great.
    Can't help but compare Karina's VW with JR, that was beautiful.

Emmitt & Cheryl The foxtrot didn't work with country music. Didn't enjoy the beginning but his solo was AWESOME!

Country Group Dance was fun, fun, fun!! For someone who's never danced country, Emmitt was purdy durn good. For me, the most entertaining were Emmitt, Gilles, Shawn, Kirstie and Apolo.
    Florimel likes this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by yoshimi View Post
    Guess that's where opinions differ because for me, it's Gilles and Peta. Physically they may look striking together but I feel no connection between them. They're trying so hard to be sexy with their raunchy routines that it's coming off as desperate. Same can be said for Kelly and Val. They had a nice chemistry in the beginning but now they're forcing it and it's turning me off. I really don't need to see Val groping Kelly or trying to make out with her every time they're on the dance floor. I get it. You guys are insanely hot for each other (for the cameras at least).

I felt the chemistry with Apolo & Karina in their Viennese Waltz. Felt it in their foxtrot too. I was initially worried about them using "Skins" because it is such a heavy song but Karina created such a beautiful routine. Apolo's not an actor like some of the other celebs. For someone not used to showing emotions I saw a softer, romantic yet still understated side of him. He looked so light and airy out there. Loved how Apolo called their dance "exhilarating" afterwards.

I just can't say enough about how impressed I am with his dancing this season, especially his ballroom routines. Interesting because in season 4 with Julianne, I preferred his Latin dances. But then, a lot of that was despite Julianne, who IMO was very savvy in creating flashy, crowd-pleasing routines that put all the focus on HER and not her partner. I mean, if you compare the two Sambas Apolo did, I can see why people might find the one with Julianne more entertaining but in terms of the actual techniques, the one this season was far superior. It's why I prefer him with Karina so much more. She's actually working with him as a dancer, and trying to highlight him as much as possible. I appreciate that she hasn't been filling his dances with a lot of fluff and smokescreens like other pros. Instead she's creating competitive, pro-level routines for him but maybe that's not coming across as entertaining to tv audiences?
    I haven't posted for so long and way behind in watching the shows. I came in and read your review and agree with everything you said. I guess we all see things differently and I agree with you about Apollo and Karina and their chemistry. I was shocked when CA said the week before she didn't see it. I loved Apollo before, but think he has grown so much and he and Shawn IMO are always given the harder routines and both deliver. I think that may be why the judges are harder on them at times. I can't speak for anyone else, but I enjoy both of these dancers a lot and they certainly entertain me.
    mesachick likes this.

+ Reply to Thread