+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree213Likes

Thread: 10/30 DWTS Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 10/30 DWTS Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    If she was paired with anyone but Maks, she would be gone. Maybe before Pam Anderson.
    I honestly don't know if that is true. Yes, Maks absolutely has his own fanbase - won't even try to argue that he doesn't. But I think Kristie legitimately has a huge fan base on her own. I guess we will never know because they aren't separated. She is really well-known, has been a true "star" in the past, is trying and can dance.
    Florimel, Jexter, GabbyG and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I honestly don't know if that is true. Yes, Maks absolutely has his own fanbase - won't even try to argue that he doesn't. But I think Kristie legitimately has a huge fan base on her own. I guess we will never know because they aren't separated. She is really well-known, has been a true "star" in the past, is trying and can dance.
    Well, those are just my thoughts. I find her annoying, and I have never like her. I guess she has fans, but I don't think she would have made it this far .jmho
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Kirstie can win anytime. At this point I just don't see how she couldn't.
    jucamer likes this.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Here's my theory on Kirstie: when you look at the age demo of DWTS, she fits into it better than any celeb left. I can see how people are inspired by her for taking something like this on. People may find her more relatable due to the publicity over her struggle with weight loss. These viewers may have been watching Kirstie for years, going back to Cheers, Veronica's Closet, in the movies, etc. I feel she fits the age demo and voting habits probably better than a Cheetah Girl or some other Disney star. Sabrina isn't even the most well known of Disney stars or even relevant in the Disney scape anymore (to my knowledge, at least). I feel that some celebs come in with a core demographic that are going to vote for them no matter what; others get lucky and manage to win viewers over right away. I'm sure Emmitt has his voting base locked up. I still potentially see him in the finals (I feel like it might be him and Apolo batteling for the 3rd slot). But people who may be more inclined to vote for Kirstie may have never even heard of Emmitt. Same with Apolo or Melissa (who I'm really surprised has managed to make it this far-but still happy for Tony). I think in an AS season especially, people are coming in with their fanbases already locked in. Maks, or any pro, may be a part of that, but I don't know that I believe it's enough to keep someone around.

Kirstie entertains me. She may be the worst dancer left, but I find her more memorable than Melissa, or even Kelly at this point. I'd rather watch someone who has to try, is willing to try, and who has a great partnership, than someone who comes in as a ringer that, despite their excellent dancing skills, I can't remember by the end of the show.
    march, Florimel, Shoepie and 6 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Here's my theory on Kirstie: when you look at the age demo of DWTS, she fits into it better than any celeb left. I can see how people are inspired by her for taking something like this on. People may find her more relatable due to the publicity over her struggle with weight loss. These viewers may have been watching Kirstie for years, going back to Cheers, Veronica's Closet, in the movies, etc. I feel she fits the age demo and voting habits probably better than a Cheetah Girl or some other Disney star. Sabrina isn't even the most well known of Disney stars or even relevant in the Disney scape anymore (to my knowledge, at least). I feel that some celebs come in with a core demographic that are going to vote for them no matter what; others get lucky and manage to win viewers over right away. I'm sure Emmitt has his voting base locked up. I still potentially see him in the finals (I feel like it might be him and Apolo batteling for the 3rd slot). But people who may be more inclined to vote for Kirstie may have never even heard of Emmitt. Same with Apolo or Melissa (who I'm really surprised has managed to make it this far-but still happy for Tony). I think in an AS season especially, people are coming in with their fanbases already locked in. Maks, or any pro, may be a part of that, but I don't know that I believe it's enough to keep someone around.

Kirstie entertains me. She may be the worst dancer left, but I find her more memorable than Melissa, or even Kelly at this point. I'd rather watch someone who has to try, is willing to try, and who has a great partnership, than someone who comes in as a ringer that, despite their excellent dancing skills, I can't remember by the end of the show.
    Good points karalott, I think you are right about the demographic .Quite honestly once they are off my screen unless they are horrendous ( Kate Gosselin) , I don't really remember any of them . This AS is a let down for me, I didn't even vote one week( and I always vote)
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I thought Sabrina was a gymnast! Now her exit makes sense looking at fan bases.

Yes. Kirstie is entertaining, Melissa and Kelly are technically more proficient, but dull as dishwater, so I have absolutely no interested in watching them. And Kirstie being entertaining, for those who complained about her getting the extra two points during the group dance last week, is why she got those points. That was the judges criterion - most entertaining dance, not best dance.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Hitting someones backside is hardly entertaining or funny
    Kip and zookeepertx like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Um give me the chance to hit Maks in the bum. It would be extremely entertaining.lol it may not be fit to air on tv but never ever forgotten lol
    march, GabbyG, Moontat and 4 others like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Um give me the chance to hit Maks in the bum. It would be extremely entertaining.lol it may not be fit to air on tv but never ever forgotten lol
    He is all yours

Funny how this is no longer a dance show
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread