+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree213Likes

Thread: 10/30 DWTS Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fanatic

Re: 10/30 DWTS Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Not sad to say I am sorry Miss Cheeta is gone. Melissa is a dancer so no way I would want to see her win. I am so over Gilles & his phoney "sexiness". Kirstie, while I admire her doing this at 60 I don't see her winning. Kelly is just meh for me.
    I am divided between Shawn or Apolo.
    And Sabrina is not a dancer? She was in that DWTS revue show in Vegas for months, which clearly gave her an unfair advantage over others when the producers voted her back for this season. And I do believe that was the case and not the public voting that brought her back. She didn't have a big enough fan base to keep her around her original season, and suddenly she wins a popular vote to come back, just to have the same thing happen again because she doesn't have the fan base for the votes to stay? All we've heard for years was "the most shocking undeserved elimination ever" and now it's happened again that will never stop. Glad she's gone. Again.

I watched the first couple of weeks this season, something I haven't done for quite a few seasons, because I wanted to see Apolo and Melissa again. But it didn't take long for me to remember why I had quit watching this show , ( which for the most part is the nauseating fawning Carrie Ann and Bruno do over who turns them on the most, which I guess is the only thing they have to go on since neither has the background to be qualified to judge) so now I'm back to you tubing any performances I want to see.
    AZChristian, jucamer and Midol like this.

FORT Fogey

Kelly M's personality during her first season was even more bland than it is this season. I hung in there with her then - as I do now - because there is more to her than the robot that she comes off sometimes. The behind-the-scenes clips are cute and charming.

She is really well liked by her soap peers, so I have to think she is a kind and likable person.

Plus, on a selfish note, it is reassuring for someone of my age to see others of a similar age, age so nicely! It gives me motivation to do things a bit differently.
    Tobi, Valancy and jucamer like this.

Not at all disappointed in Sabrina's exit last night and figured it was coming very soon. A person doesn't need to be the "best" dancer to make it far on this show but it is necessary to have a built in fan base. It's obvious she has no real fan base. Kirstie is still around because of her (...and Max's) fans not because of her dancing!

I found it humorous when the judges' looked soooooo sad, shocked, and bewildered when Sabrina left. Heck, part of her dismissal was their fault. IF they hadn't overscored Kirstie, and given her the extra two points for the group dance, she may have been the person who left last night. Those judges bug the heck out of me!!!

I LOVE Apolo and hope he, Shawn, Kelly, and Melissa are around until the end. That said I believe Emmitt, Shawn, and Apollo will be the final three. They ALL have very large fan bases.....especially Emmitt.

The thing I find interesting is how much Kelly and Kirstie's fan votes must have improved from the weeks that they were in the real bottom two.

Kirstie can go anytime.

Kelly: I know nothing about her but there is something interesting about her and Val in the romatic dances so I don't mind if she stays. I agree with others that she is often frowning. I think she is used to the soap enviornment where she smiles only when they point the camera at her. If she could take leave from her job she could probably win this.

Shawn: She was on target to win this before swapping Derek for Mark. Hard to tell what will happen now. I have trouble seeing any emotion in her but was starting to believe her and Derek as a couple.

Mellisa: She keeps improving. If she can have one hot dance with Tony she could do well, but Tony makes the dances look too professional. Millisa has the advantage of being a professionally trained smiler. I wish those ladies that coach the DCC would make an appearance some week to cheer her on.

Gilles: Don't see the chemistry with his partner. Just isn't the same without Cheryl. I think he's been a bit overscored.

Emmit: It is fun to watch a NFL player when they first come on this show and realize that dancing is hard, less fun when they come back and are just one of the group. He dances well for a big man, but that no longer impresses me.

Apolo: Dances well, but this is the first week I saw any connection with his partner.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Melissa is improving every week .I don't know what her fan base is like. I do find her memorable, I enjoyed her last dance. She even made Tony look better than usual

I didn't find Sabrina's elimination shocking, it was set up, and she didn't look shocked.

The three with the lowest scores were really the ones with the highest scores, this show manipulates and its becoming a bit of let down.

I don't know what fusion dance is, but if its anything like the various team dances, it will be another train-wreck, with everyone moaning and saying they cant do it. They keep prolonging this show , no elimination( again) no votes.-WTH? I suspect they will throw in a double elimination in somewhere, no wonder viewership is down

I don't know if Kelly was in the bottom two, I just can't stand to look at her, or her partner
    The three with the lowest scores happened to have a big enough fan base to escape elimination, not the highest scores. They just did it from the bottom up for shock value. I don't believe Melissa and Shawn were the real bottom. They were put up there last because with Sabrina going it was an easy way to do it for excitement. Tom said, not necessarily the bottom 3.

I think fusion will be good. It is more like a free style dance but are limited to two particular dances. I think it will be fun.

They may have been calling that a shocking elimination but the look on the judges faces............PRICELESS!!!! !!!

Taylor Swift is a country singer?!?!?!?!? WTH? That was the most non-country song I have ever heard.
    zookeepertx likes this.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

It is a mystery to me how Kirstie remains in the competition.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    Desire and work ethic. Her drive and authentic spirit about it are charming. I root for her. Better than Kate Gosselin or Bristol who did the show for other reasons and practiced accordingly.
    march, Moontat and jucamer like this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Fusion really isn't a big deal. It just means dancing to two styles of dance to the same music. Not at the same time and not combining moves from each dance.

When I first started taking dance lessons, I tended to try to figure out which style of dance went with each song on the radio. As I got more advanced, I realized that you could do more than one style of dance to each song. One couple at our Friday night party at the dance studio might be dancing a swing to a particular song while another couple was dancing a rumba to the same song. About the only ones you can't mix and match without changing the music is a waltz and the other dances because waltzes have different timing (3/4) than the other dances (4/4).

I'm looking forward to what the couples come up with next week! It's too bad Derek will be out. That could spell the end for Shawn, particularly if she keeps having problems with her knee.
    Florimel likes this.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    If she was paired with anyone but Maks, she would be gone. Maybe before Pam Anderson.
    Uncle David likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread