+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223
Like Tree291Likes

Thread: 10/16 DWTS Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 10/16 DWTS Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    General, across-the-board thoughts . . .

Tilden - You're dead-on about when Susan first exploded onto the scene. I remember seeing a clip of when she first came out onto the BGT stage. Frumpy, dumpy and lumpy. I remember seeing Simon smirking at her and asking, in a just-this-side-of-straight-up, condescending way, what was SHE going to sing. I think she said something from "Les Miz". Simon, still smirking, said something to the effect of: "Off you go!"

Boy, DID she!

After the first few notes, a shot of Simon came up. His mouth was partially open, and both his eyebrows'd shot clear up to his hairline.

Then, in the finals, Susan came second.

I remember hearing/reading during the tail end of BGT and for awhile, afterwards, that she'd suffered a breakdown. I mean, this was a middle-aged lady from Scotland who just sang in her church choir, prior to being on that show. The fame and attention were too much for her then, apparently, and in some ways, may still be. That COULD be a reason why, even though she well deserves it for that voice of hers, she still appears scared and nervous onstage, sometimes.

And AlwaysVeg, if Donny was/is one of her idols, singing with him CERTAINLY couldn't've helped her nerves, either.

KatesMom and Rattus - Count me in, regarding Sabrina. I didn't like her from her very first appearance on DWTS. She completely lost me in her bio/intro tape when she was crowing about how SHE was coming in to "Bring the Cheetah to the ballroom!" Or words to that effect. My first thought was: "EXUSE me?! And just WHO is THIS little snotnose?!"

Yep, the snotnose could dance.

Nope, I did not like the snotnose then, and I do not like her, now.

I believe KatesMom put it into words for me best when she said she doesn't enjoy Sabrina's dancing, and Sabrina seems to be trying too hard. That was the EXACT vibe I got from her the very first time she and Mark stepped out on the floor. He wasn't overdancing then as much as he is now, but, however it happened, he'd finally gotten somebody partnered with him that could keep up with him. I remember one of us, here, making some statement back then to the effect that watching Sabrina dance was like watching somebody who'd just picked up a gun go out hunting to blow something away. Kudos to whatever poster it was that said that, because that is ABSOLUTELY how she dances. That has never changed. And no, I don't find that enjoyable to watch, either.

And, yep, I am SO over hearing about That Which Will Not Be Re-stated, when it comes to her. I've been over THAT for a long, LONG while.

Maybe they paired Louis with her to calm her down a little bit. Maybe. But it's not working. She's STILL overdancing, and he DOES seem too old for her. And no, she DOESN'T seem to have a lot of regard for him, as a person.

And yep, she IS too much for him to be trying to lift.

JMHO.
    Way back when, she was one of the Cheetah Girls. They were popular and had a Disney show, movies, concert tours / movies of their concerts, etc. Raven deSimone (That's So Raven) was also a Cheetah Girl. I didn't watch DWTS then, so I didn't get to see that most shocking elimination. I agree with you that she seems to be trying too hard. I wouldn't worry about her taking the mirror ball trophy. There are other better dancers with bigger fan bases than her.

Each week, I worry that there will be a wardrobe malfunction and one of her girls will pop out of her costume.
    ness likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I'm not really familiar with Gangnam style. I've seen bits and pieces of it here and there but it looked like another stupid fad to me so I wasn't interested. I don't know if I'll like that group routine tonight.
    Face Off 6 Pool: Registration closed
    Amazing Race 24 Pool: Registration closed
    Survivor Cagayan 6 Pool: Registration closed
    Dancing With the Stars 18 Pool: Registration closed
    Click here for general pool information and lists of previous pool winners!

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I'm not really familiar with Gangnam style. I've seen bits and pieces of it here and there but it looked like another stupid fad to me so I wasn't interested. I don't know if I'll like that group routine tonight.
    I saw it on Ellen, and a couple of others shows. I don't like it, it doesn't suit this show I don't know what they will do with it.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Ah it might be a fad, but I'm sure it'll be fun though! Gilles had a clip on his facebook of him and his kids doing it - it was really cute.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I've been looking up Gangnam to get more information on it and I'm confused about something. They say that the invisible horse-riding thing is a signature move created by Psy, the guy who made Gangnam style famous. However, that move has been around for a long time! I remember my dance instructor Tillman doing it when I took dance lessons, which was 10 years ago or so. Ellen did it on So You Think You Can Dance when she redid Alex Wong's famous hip-hop with Twitch. I could swear it was in the movie Hot Rod, too, and I've seen it many other places over the past several years. I can't find any reference to when Gangnam style took off but was it that long ago? All the articles are from this year and make the move sound like it's something new.

Is the Gangnam invisible-horse different from a pre-existing invisible horse move?
    Face Off 6 Pool: Registration closed
    Amazing Race 24 Pool: Registration closed
    Survivor Cagayan 6 Pool: Registration closed
    Dancing With the Stars 18 Pool: Registration closed
    Click here for general pool information and lists of previous pool winners!

FORT Fogey

I just watched a repeat of the show. I have to say I really enjoyed Susan Boyle and Donny Osmond. I usually bypass the song and dance combo on the results show, but I liked this on.

Susan seemed very scared and I loved how she reached out for Donny's hand which he took and held on to throughout the performance. Then he whispered "You did it babe" etc. What a gentleman. Oprah did an episode during which her production crew shared their favorite guests. The Osmand family was one the crew really loved having.

Pure "niceness".

Susan's first line was off key but the rest of the performance was great. I normally don't like the song they sang, but I liked how they sang it. Theire voices complemented each others very very well. The dancers and audience seemed to really enjoy it.
    Last edited by Jexter; 10-28-2012 at 11:19 AM.

+ Reply to Thread