+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
Like Tree291Likes

Thread: 10/16 DWTS Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 10/16 DWTS Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

THe debate talking heads / news after it pre-empted the show on the WC.
    Glad to hear that Bristol got sent back to AZ.
    While I thought she did better this season, I hated seeing other, much better dancers e3xit before her.
    karalott and ness like this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    But, she did say she cant learn one dance, let alone two for next week.Like we didn't know that!
    That's because she doesn't need to learn them. KirstieGoddess knows every dance perfectly. Her perfection though, like I said, may be confused for inability. The amazingness tends to be blinding.
    jucamer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Refused to talk to the press, huh?

Unfortunately, I have to admit that hearing that doesn't really surprise me, at all.

Bristol is a child who had and is raising a child. Her behavior, remarks, the meltdown, the smugness, the delusions of dancing grandeur, etc., ALL reflect that. She most likely has grown up thinking the sun shines out of her rear end. NOW, when she --- in various ways --- finds out that it doesn't, her true insides emerge to show that while she's been put together and thrown into the oven to bake for some time, she's not fully cooked, just yet.

And, no, I don't care for her mother OR her mother's politics, but neither of those things factored into my above assessment of this child.

She'll be alright.

Mama Moose will SEE to that.

As for Spatz?

I'm happy for him.
    Ness, I couldn't agree more with you. It would have been so wrong for her to stay any longer. Great post.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    THe debate talking heads / news after it pre-empted the show on the WC.
    Glad to hear that Bristol got sent back to AZ.
    While I thought she did better this season, I hated seeing other, much better dancers exit before her.
    I feel that way about Kirstie as well. I hope better dancers don't go home while she has *cough* fun

I am wondering who will be the whipping boy/girl now Bristol has gone I am betting its Sabrina
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I feel that way about Kirstie as well. I hope better dancers don't go home while she has *cough* fun

I am wondering who will be the whipping boy/girl now Bristol has gone I am betting its Sabrina
    I think Bristol's position was unique, and that people won't suddenly re-aim the same focused negativity on someone else.

To me, it's more that a lot of viewers are finally letting themselves exhale -- now they can take a cleansing breath, and enjoy the competition on a more level, stress-free playing field.
    Florimel, Rattus, jucamer and 2 others like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    I think Bristol's position was unique, and that people won't suddenly re-aim the same focused negativity on someone else.
    To me, it's more that a lot of viewers are finally letting themselves exhale -- now they can take a cleansing breath, and enjoy the competition on a more level, stress-free playing field.
    There have been quite a few bad dancers on this show over the many seasons (Ty Murray and Carson are just two examples that come to mind), and better dancers have been ousted because of fan voting blocks, but that never resulted in the massive negativity that Bristol has brought to the ballroom. Others may have sucked as dancers but they had other attributes that made people love them and vote for them...charm, personality, a genuine interest in learning to dance, a hard work ethic, sincerity, humour, etc. Bristol had none of these. The only reason she was on the show had nothing to do with who she was or what she had achieved. She was there because her mother was a controversial figure and she was used as a lighting rod in an attempt to up the viewership, unfortunately, with little apparent success. If she hadn't acted so entitled, bored, lazy, humourless, most people would have probably warmed up to her no matter who her mother was. Last night I think it was her instructions to Mark to basically dumb down her dance that did her in. While everyone else was trying to improve and learn more, it was clear she just didn't give a damn and expected her mother and her followers to pull her through regardless of what she did personally. That kind of attitude may be entertaining to some people for a while, but those are usually the fickle fans and they grow bored quickly...plus, mom no longer has the base she did a few years ago. Sucks to be Bristol, but if she was smart she would learn from this, however, I won't be holding my breath on that one!
    Florimel, ness, TIA__MA and 6 others like this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

I think I will wait and see.I have already seen posts that wanted to see Sabrina leave before Bristol.
    -Andy Rooney-

I think I will wait and see.I have already seen posts that wanted to see Sabrina leave before Bristol.
    I saw a couple of those as well, but they sounded like they were from people who were enjoying the conflict from Bristol continuing to send other dancers home week after week. That whole "vote for the worst" crowd...they're probably sad that their fun is over for the season, and they have to move on to another show. I just don't see anyone else left in the case as a candidate for that same kind of attention.
    Midol likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Just watched Kimmel. His opening to them was that on the nights that someone is eliminated, nobody is happy to see him, to which Mark laughing, replied "I'm happy to see you"... I don't doubt it for a minute. Bristol not so happy.

She thinks that people just enjoy their dances and that is why they lasted so long....Delusional.

Jimmy said that since there is something about her that people root for she should maybe consider running for vice president...You could just see her gritting her teeth.

Kimmel also asked about the fight and they kind of glossed that over...Mark gave their standard, scripted answer...This is the first time we fought in 1 1/3 season and that was only for a few minutes and the rest of the week we were fine. Rinse, lather and repeat.

Asked if she would consider doing another reality show...like the Bachelorette...she kind of laughed that one off but didn't say she wouldn't do another show. Lord help me I had to put up with Emily, don't give them any dumb ideas.
    jucamer and AlwaysVeg like this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

I saw a couple of those as well, but they sounded like they were from people who were enjoying the conflict from Bristol continuing to send other dancers home week after week. That whole "vote for the worst" crowd...they're probably sad that their fun is over for the season, and they have to move on to another show. I just don't see anyone else left in the case as a candidate for that same kind of attention.
    True. I dont really see anyone else either.As I have said before - I hope Kirstie doesn't overstay her welcome. If she was paired with anyone but Maks she would have gone before Joey.

Asked if she would consider doing another reality show...like the Bachelorette...she kind of laughed that one off but didn't say she wouldn't do another show. Lord help me I had to put up with Emily, don't give them any dumb ideas.
    Midol, shudder the thought!! I cant hear you lalalalalalala
    Midol likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread