+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
Like Tree291Likes

Thread: 10/16 DWTS Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 10/16 DWTS Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Was there an encore dance? I missed the first 8 minutes.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Was there an encore dance? I missed the first 8 minutes.
    No, there wasn't.

And with the way they do the 'you're safe/in jeopardy', with Brooke and Tom standing next to the couples, I'm wondering if one week they'll goof, and reveal who is being eliminated by mistake.

FORT Fogey

Thanks, karalott. When I tuned in, I was wondering why Brooke and Tom were standing onstage, all in the first batch of dancers' faces. Looked weird and awkward to me.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Palin is gone? KirstieGoddess stays alive! <333
    But, she did say she cant learn one dance, let alone two for next week.Like we didn't know that!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    How were Donny and Susan Boyle? I missed the entire show.
    Not very well IMO. Their duet was "This Is the Moment" from Jekyll and Hyde, and it didn't really suit either of them. But then, I'm very particular about that song.

Susan Boyle seemed nervous and almost sacred to be there.
    ness and AZChristian like this.
    KAREN

The way I understand it, there will be two 1 hour performance shows next week. One on Monday and one on Tuesday, which means no Results Show. It looks like everyone gets a free pass to go with their freestyle.

Kirstie is fun, Bristol was not. Her fanbase finally let her down. Mark, during the review of the Shawn/Derek dance from the previous night, was up in the skybox jumping up and down on the bench and yelling, "That's my girl!" Bristol was right there. She knew he wasn't happy even if he played happy for the cameras.

Susan Boyle did look terrified. When she started her verse of the song, she reached for Donny's hand and held it throughout the performance. I'm surprised she could breathe enough to sing. Anyway, that song is on her new record according to Tom.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    Susan Boyle seemed nervous and almost sacred to be there.
    That's EXACTLY the way I read her, momrek.

The woman has an amazing voice. I liked hearing her. Was her voice suited for THAT particular song? No. I still loved hearing her sing it, though.

Donny? I've ALWAYS liked him, and liked hearing him sing. Was HIS voice perfectly suited for THAT particular song? No. I still loved hearing him sing it, though.

Bless her heart, Susan looked like if somebody walked up behind her and sneezed, she'd jump straight through the roof.

That's exactly how scared and nervous she read to me.
    momrek06, Moontat and AZChristian like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Bristol didn't do media? Did she do Kimmel? Or was he pre-empted because of the debate?
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    Just read on another site that Bristol refused to talk to the press after her elimination. How shocking! She just sent Mark and when he was asked about whether he regreted not pushing her harder he said "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink". Take that how you wish. I wonder if she will do Kimmel tonight?
    Refused to talk to the press, huh?

Unfortunately, I have to admit that hearing that doesn't really surprise me, at all.

Bristol is a child who had and is raising a child. Her behavior, remarks, the meltdown, the smugness, the delusions of dancing grandeur, etc., ALL reflect that. She most likely has grown up thinking the sun shines out of her rear end. NOW, when she --- in various ways --- finds out that it doesn't, her true insides emerge to show that while she's been put together and thrown into the oven to bake for some time, she's not fully cooked, just yet.

And, no, I don't care for her mother OR her mother's politics, but neither of those things factored into my above assessment of this child.

She'll be alright.

Mama Moose will SEE to that.

As for Spatz?

I'm happy for him.
    TIA__MA, jucamer, Midol and 1 others like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread