+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast
Like Tree413Likes

Thread: 10/8 DWTS Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 10/8 DWTS Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
    So if Shawn & Derek break the rules, isn't that as much of a "in your face" as what CarrieAnn claims Bristol did last week by breaking hold? Is CarrieAnn gonna snap at Shawn too? "Well guess what...In your face!"
    We'll see...
    Y'know . . .

I ALMOST hate to say this (please note that ALMOST is the operative word, here!), but I'm starting to seriously wonder if CA is being and coming across even nastier than usual when it suits her to do so during THIS season 'cause she's frustrated that her wedding plans fell through?

Take a page out of Karina's book, CA, and LEARN TO WOMAN UP AND SAVE YOUR UNNECESSARY SNARKINESS FOR OFF-CAMERA!!!!!
    karalott, TIA__MA and jucamer like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg View Post
    I would hope Emmitt would be safe after pulling off that epic slide between Cheryl's legs , but I think I'm going to be in seclusion until he is declared safe tomorrow.
    The show made such a HUGE deal of Emmitt sliding between Cheryl's legs. Is it really that hard? I think 90% of the population could accomplish that. Granted, it's probably a huge deal from CHERYL's perspective, to have a NFL player running AT you,... But in terms of difficulty, we used to do stuff like that during drill team and gymnastics all the time, just messing around.

I thought the move was overrated and uninteresting.

Also, I'm somewhat confused... isn't a 'human torpedo' breaking hold?
    What is hold?

Really? I don't see that at all. I keep getting the feeling that Cheryl would much rather be dancing with Drew Lachey. She is always cheering heavily for him, and seems to just be 'doing her job' with Emmitt. Also, I think Drew would prefer Cheryl over Anna, also.
    Same here Emmit and Cheryl , nothing between them . .Anna and Drew, its like they are trying too hard( its uncomfortable) . Weird that Bristol and Mark row, and then she dances better than she has.

Shawn and Derek very good, these two like one another. Bruno said it was one of the best - really. Okay then

Liked Sabrina, not keen on Louis, its like he is rushing to keep up.She can dance , thats for sure.I dont know who goes home- Maybe Helio and Bristol.? I am sure it will be one guy and one girl.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I dont know who goes home- Maybe Helio and Bristol.? I am sure it will be one guy and one girl.
    Well, the producers could throw us for a loop... eliminate TWO GIRLS. The. Most. Dramatic. Rose. Ceremony. EVER.

Put Maks in make-up & wig again, pair him up with Mark Spatz, and the show goes on.

HA! But in all seriousness, I do think next week's concept is intriguing... the competitors get to choose each others' dance... pick the dance style they'll be the WEAKEST at. Good, it's time for some cold calculating Survivor-like tactics to surface. Don't get me wrong, I DO like the show's good-naturedness. But everyone is SOOOO good that the producers really do need to start targeting weaknesses.

However, I'm underimpressed about Paula's appearance. What the heck can she offer? I don't want to hear any more feel-good critiques. I'd rather have true helpful constructive critiques from an official ballroom judge. DANCE.
    karalott, jucamer and Midol like this.

Really? I don't see that at all. I keep getting the feeling that Cheryl would much rather be dancing with Drew Lachey. She is always cheering heavily for him, and seems to just be 'doing her job' with Emmitt. Also, I think Drew would prefer Cheryl over Anna, also.
    We will all see what we want to see with the couples we like at the end of the day. For instance, I've never seen chemistry between Melissa/Tony (other than bro/sis), but apparently someone somewhere did because she made the F3. Heck, I never felt any chemistry between Shawn and Mark and she won her whole season.

I think she is enjoying Emmitt and while they don't have this big steamy, hot chemistry... the chemistry they do have on the floor together is delightful. I'm enjoying seeing Cheryl pump out routines that just make you smile again, rather than what we got all season long with William Levy last year. And I don't think its really fair to make an assumption that Cheryl doesn't really want to be with Emmitt because she claps more for Drew...which honestly, I've never even paid attention to who claps or cheers for who, but maybe that is cause I tune Brooke out everytime she pops up on my screen, so I don't pay much attention when they head upstairs .

If anyone is just doing their job this season, trust me, it's poor little Spatz .....everyone else seems to be enjoying themselves, at least in my opinion.
    Last edited by KrazeeKy07; 10-09-2012 at 01:32 AM.
    karalott, ness and chrisg like this.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

The show made such a HUGE deal of Emmitt sliding between Cheryl's legs. Is it really that hard? I think 90% of the population could accomplish that. Granted, it's probably a huge deal from CHERYL's perspective, to have a NFL player running AT you,... But in terms of difficulty, we used to do stuff like that during drill team and gymnastics all the time, just messing around.

What is hold?
    Well, Cheryl has to be around 5'3'' and Emmitt is hugely broad, so I don't think it was hard just for Cheryl to stand there and have Emmitt run at her, I think it was considerably harder for him to slide himself through that space at the speed he did -- with no gymnastics background that I've ever heard of -- and it would have been incredibly difficult for both of them if he did not execute it well so it presented a risk much easier to just avoid and far easier to just leave out of the routine since it was a pretty strong performance without it.

Breaking hold only refers to certain styles of dances and I believe during certain aspects of the dance but maybe someone more knowledgeable can expand upon that.

As someone who watched Emmitt play football for so many years, I loved how into the whole performance prep he was this week. He has often spoken about how hard it is to retire in your thirties, and even though he has a growing business and does a lot for charity and coaches sports for his children, I think he thrives on having some physical competition in his life again through these DWTS shows and I hope he gets to stick around at least a few more weeks because I love to see him having fun and spreading his infectious smile and laugh for everyone who appreciates it.
    KrazeeKy07 likes this.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

What a terrific show! The all stars moniker came into its own tonight. When the season first started, Carol Anne told a reporter that she expected the dancers to start their first night as if it was week three. I think, in week three, they are all dancing as if they were in the finals of a "normal" season. It is going to be fun as it rolls along as they and the pros push harder and harder.
    karalott, KrazeeKy07 and jucamer like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I think all three of Cheryl's former partners wanted her again and Emmitt got her. Gilles can dance with anyone and Cheryl and Drew could never match the Save a Horse number. Emmitt's slide between Cheryl's legs was very difficult for someone his size with the build of a running back. It was pretty dangerous for her.

Although I hated when Shawn won the season that should have belonged to Gilles, I loved her dance with Derek tonight. They did break a rule, but they also incorporated a lot of quickstep into that dance. I still think Gilles is the best male dancer the show has ever had, but I really don't care much for Peta. She just doesn't look right with him. I do miss Edyta, whom I think would have been really good with Gilles. I would also hope to see Apolo, Helio, Drew, and Emmitt stay around.

I did not think Sabrina was that good. There were spots where she looked a bit clunky to me. I'd like to see her leave along with Bristol, but I seriously doubt the show will let that happen. As for Bristol, I did not think there was anything in the universe that would make me feel sympathy for Mark Ballas, but she managed it.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

What is hold?
    Being in hold is being in a closed dance position; that is, they are together with his arm around her waist and her arm near or at his shoulder. Each dance has a correct hold position and each has rules about when and how often you can break hold. If I remeber correctly, in the quickstep they can be out of hold only at the beginning and end of the dance. Other dances, other rules.
    chrisg likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    I call it FFS - Frozen face syndrome
    She is a part of the thundercat nation. My nickname for the Botox clan lol

I thought Maks looked liked,Freddie Prinze Sr.
    Last edited by MsDiva2007; 10-09-2012 at 02:33 AM.
    karalott likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread