+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast
Like Tree334Likes

Thread: 10/2 DWTS Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 10/2 DWTS Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

I feel this season that Bristol and Sabrina have somewhat of the same issue.

Bristol was invited to be on the show, despite her lack of 'celebrity' status at the time. I'm sure the TPTB saw a ratings bonanza and booked her for that reason. Unfortunately, she was not very good. It's not Bristol's fault that she was invited and it's not her fault that the voters kept her in long after she should have left. When invited back this season, I'm sure she felt she had something to prove after the disaster of her season and she appears to be in much better shape, less timid, and much improved over her first season. That being said, she is the weakest dancer currently in the competition and it should've been her turn to go home last night. I'm sure she knows this (and it appears Mark does too). I don't blame Bristol for still being there- I blame her voting block, but mostly I blame the judges. She is considerably below the standards the other dancers have set and she should be marked accordingly. She complained that she will never get above a '6', but other dancers are getting 7.5's for what would have been a 9 in their previous season, so she really shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth. Mark also shouldn't be so blatantly obvious that he doesn't give two hoots about the 'rules' when choreographing. It's like he is saying he knows Bristol isn't going anywhere so it doesn't matter about the rules and he's going to do what he wants anyway. I think it's clear Bristol's 'fans' will keep her in despite her dancing, so it's up to the judges to give her scores that match her abilities. I won't hold my breath.

With regards to Sabrina, I was reminded last night what a great dancer she was in her season. Her paso was really great and although I never cared one way or the other about her, she probably didn't deserve to be voted out when she was. She is not the only one in DWTS history to leave earlier than she should have. She may or not be an 'all-star', but she is dancing as well, if not better, than some of the all-stars right now. She doesn't do much for me, but I will give her props for dancing well. Again, it's not Sabrina's fault that she has been shoved down our throats as 'the most shocking elimination ever'. I'm sure even she is sick of hearing it and I'm sure she feels the pressure to do well because 'the fans' brought her back (I'm still not 100% sure I buy that). I blame the judges for this- they have gone on and on about it for the past however-many seasons and we are all sick of it. They are also scoring her very generously (I don't think her dance was the best this week), and I think it will backfire on the judges, who apparently want her in the finals. At least she is dancing well and keeping up with the others, unlike Bristol, so I'm ok that she is still there for now.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Sounds reasonable to me, AZ . . .

What I'D like --- and I KNOW this is never going to happen, in THIS world, or any other --- would be for any member of the DWTS TPTB to come here and give us a window into their mindset as regards WHAT THE HELL THEY WERE THINKING when they decided to: 1. Cast an AS season with past winners in the FIRST place, and 2. WHY SOME OF THE DANCERS WITH NOT-SO-SPECTACULAR SKILLS WERE CAST FOR THIS, in the SECOND place? And why they're so limited, so stymied, so uncreative that they keep hyping "THE MOST SHOCKING ELIMINATION, EVER!" Please. If it were THAT shocking, why didn't the world stop turning when it was announced?

Nice to dream, but that'll never happen, I know.

In baseball All Stars refers to the best of the best; therefore, in my mind we were going to see all of the trophy winners go head to head against each other, and it was going to be a blow out as to who would come out on top when push really did come to shove. When all was said and done, and the Olympians with their 200 million based audience fans and their highly toned, physically shaped bodies went up against the athletes who had the same attributes who went up against the entertainment stars with their adoring, almost cult fans, who would finally win out in the end? Sha-bam! What a competition and show that would be! And for those folks who want to see good dancing? There it would be...

Thus, Apolo, Helio, Emmit, Shawn, and Drew also would go up against Hines, Kristie, all of her aches and pains Jennifer, and Nicole and any other mega winner, especially a female, that I may have forgotten would also be in the mix. That was my idea of All Stars - really the best of the best competing against each other, skill against skill, popularity against popularity, and when put that way, who would win out?

In addition, they could runner a future season of the 2nd and 3rd place "favorites" that came close or should have beens....
    Last edited by Bloomers; 10-03-2012 at 08:25 AM.
    AZChristian and Midol like this.

When they announced it last season, it was returning winners, fan favorites and controversial dancers. Well , ABC got what they wanted. If they didn't have Bristol right now, who would everyone be talking about.It's not like the dancers that have won before are all great, because they aren't.There are one or two standouts and I see them winning, and have from the start.( in other words there never was a real competition) It doesn't matter if Joey went home , he was never going to win, and he wasn't very good, no matter how sweet the guy is.. They listed all that was good, and so have some posters .He's fun, he's funny, but nothing about his somewhat lack luster dancing. He went home, he had no fan base, okay- I can move on from that, no problem ( btw Kym knew Monday night) one only had to look at her face when they did their little piece together- Kym knew.She has been doing this for awhile .If she had been paired with say, Gilles or Apolo, she would still be there.
    ABC will never top The Voice, I don't think they expect to. I am sure they are happy with the viewers they have. But to blame Bristol, one person, for all this, it seems ludicrous to me. Bristol isn't DWTS, Bristol is one person in one show. I think people give her way too much power.She has improved from her last season -however she will never win DWTS imho, or have that ugly trophy .She knows that,and is enjoying the time on the show.I know she has fans on here, and I am happy for them to see her.They also know she isn't an AS. That isn't why she is on the show. I say enjoy her while you can.
    She did well last time with her non dancing as someone posted, so did Kirstie, she got through with her 'non dancing', and quite frankly its a debatable for me between these two who should go first. Who is really trying and who isn't. Its also all about fan base.If people like Maks, they will vote for him no matter whom he dances with.Well, the same goes for Mark, through the years he has proved, even in the clips we saw, that he can dance and choreograph like the rest of the pros and one only need look at his face book page to see many voters like him.
    When you take non dancers, and throw them into a mixture like this, this is what you get.And ABC knew this, imho nothing backfired, nothing at all. Last week more people watched The Voice in hour one, but three million watched the result show as soon as The Voice was done.I think they are okay with that.
    I am not sure why Sabrina is disliked Perhaps it was shocking that she was eliminated, given she can dance!! and really dance. I dont see Bristol and Sabrina in the same light at all. Can Sabrina keep it up, I don't know, but I enjoyed her Monday. I didn't care if she was there or not, now I do.I just don't see Louis with a great fan base, I put him alongside Tony.

Kelly and Val, I wasn't a fan of hers when she won, I can't take to her.I think less talking about her boobs, and more dancing would make them more popular with the voters. Drew isn't as good as he was, although being in the bottom 2 last week jolted him back into dance world and not, I won before I will win again world.I think that's cute about dancing for his daughter but no cuter then Bristol having her son watch her dance. If Bristol should not be there, blame ABC, not her. I am not hung up on the AS aspect, because as I posted, they really did say fan favorites and controversial dancers will be back.
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 10-03-2012 at 10:05 AM.
    sunshine3331 and KatesMom like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I confess. I voted for Gilles who I absolutely love and threw some votes to Bristol because I feel so bad for all of the hate she's getting, and no, I am not in the teaparty. = )
    Fanny Mare likes this.

I agree that this is not Bristol's or even Sabrina's fault. Bristol didn't put herself on the first season and she didn't put herself on this season. ABC did. Bristol didn't give herself inflated scores, the judges did that (although I question how inflated they were with the slam). Bristol has fans, period. She deserves to be there as much as any of them deserve to be there.

Sabrina - I remember that she was a good dancer and I was shocked when she was voted out. But that was how many seasons ago? And how many other "shocking" eliminations have there been since then? I think my issue with her is the same issue I had with Chelsea Kane during her season - she is an ABC/Disney star and I feel like TPTB are shoving her on us. I think if they wouldn't have hyped it up so much, she might be better received. She is a good dancer and she can hold her own against the rest of these people. She deserves to be there too. Just please stop shoving her down our throat and making it seem like we HAVE to like her . . . and then maybe more of us actually would!
    karalott likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Kirstie is weaker than no one.

In all seriousness, I am surprised to see Joey leave already. I don't think Bristol will last much longer. Maybe another couple weeks, but that should be it.
    I don't know about that. She was the lowest score of the night and yet, because of the fan voting, she wasn't even in the bottom two. That means she has a lot of fans voting for her. Unless that changes, I think she will be around for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I agree, he also looked taller( maybe that was the hair) but I seriously didn't recognize him .I know most posters don't like him - but the way Sabrina described their work ethic, and him going over and over their choreography, well that impresses me.He doesn't work any less than the others on DWTS, no matter who his partner is. I have a feeling he would of loved to be paired with her again. jmho
    I loved Mark early on, and I loved him with Sabrina. They were dating off-camera and their chemistry was visible. I think when he first came on, and had hair, he was cute - he kind of had that "boy next door" thing going on. He was nice. The last few seasons, he has almost tried to play up a bad boy image - breaking the rules, cutting his hair, etc. It doesn't work for him, and I think that is what turned me off. He needs to go back to the nice guy who started on this show!!
    karalott and Shoepie like this.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg View Post
    I am very suspicious about Helio being a real bottom 2 also. He danced well and wouldn't NASCAR fans vote for him?
    I also heard both Tom and Brooke say that Helio and Joey were the actual bottom 2 last night. I'm actually not that sure that Helio has that many fans, compared to the others on this season. I wasn't shocked last night. I think on his season, he was dancing with Julianne, who was extremely popular, and he had a great personality. I think he won fans that season and that is why he won. I'm not sure that is going to happen this season. He is up against a lot of others who have very solid fanbases, and are not likely to switch unless theirs is voted out. This is my fear for Kelly as well. And I know this is not true for some - like Fanny Mare - but I'm thinking most NASCAR fans are not necessarily watching this show. Just seems like a different demographic to me. I know there are female NASCAR fans, but it seems like it is mainly a guy sport, while women make up the majority of this audience. Football is different because I know a lot of female football fans - same with the Olympics. Other sports, maybe not so much.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I wish Dancing With the Stars would post the results of the audience voting at their website. I checked the site this morning and all I saw were the judges' scores. Going by those alone, Joey shouldn't have been the one who went home last night.

Why is it such a big secret what the results of the audience voting is? It makes me think the producers are picking whomever they choose to go through, for dramatic purposes, and then hiding it behind audience votes.

Personally, I wish they wouldn't even have audience voting. Maybe they should have a fan favorite vote during the season and give the winner of that a contribution toward the charity of their choice. The actual winner for the season should be the one with the highest scores as determined by the judges.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7: TBA

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I wish Dancing With the Stars would post the results of the audience voting at their website. I checked the site this morning and all I saw were the judges' scores. Going by those alone, Joey shouldn't have been the one who went home last night.

Why is it such a big secret what the results of the audience voting is? It makes me think the producers are picking whomever they choose to go through, for dramatic purposes, and then hiding it behind audience votes.

Personally, I wish they wouldn't even have audience voting. Maybe they should have a fan favorite vote during the season and give the winner of that a contribution toward the charity of their choice. The actual winner for the season should be the one with the highest scores as determined by the judges.
    Well, there is no money involved, so it isn't a "game show" and therefore subject to the same rules and standards that game shows are subject to. Bloomers has commented on this over the years, and hopefully I won't mis-represent, but I believe there is a statement that runs at the end of the credits that basically says the producers reserve the right to make "adjustments" to voting as they deem appropriate. We can argue until the cows come home about whether they do this and what benefit there is to them to keep a less popular, but better dancer. At the end of the day, they will never release the results of the fan voting, so we will always be left guessing (and with questions).

+ Reply to Thread