+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast
Like Tree334Likes

Thread: 10/2 DWTS Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 10/2 DWTS Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Vote for the worst are all voting for Bristol.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Vote for the worst are all voting for Bristol.
    You'd think that kind of voting wouldn't happen in an All-Stars season... But who knows...
    karalott likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    You'd think that kind of voting wouldn't happen in an All-Stars season... But who knows...
    I just checked their website. I think they have alot to do with it.
    -Andy Rooney-

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    If Bristol --- through some act of Tea-Partying or robo-calling --- wins this, I'm done with this show.

She shouldn't've been on in the FIRST place.

And she DEFINITELY shouldn't've been on in an All Stars season.

If they were gonna go there, why in the hell didn't they just bring back Khate?

Just about the same difference, to me.

Then again, I think Tony WOULD'VE walked out, if they'd brought that witch back.

Even if he WASN'T partnered with her.
    Last week, Bristol was the one who said the first time she did the show, there was an angry backlash. And that she expected that this time. This when being asked what brought them back. She had to have some idea people weren't going to root for her the second time around, which sometimes happens on AS editions (you fall out of love with former fan favorites and learn to love that you disliked before). If Bristol doesn't go out next, TPTB need to drag the season out back and shoot it. It's done. I think even Mark knows what will happen. Bristol seems oblvious, much like Kate Gosselin. It's like she didn't really get what the judges were saying last night, or doesn't get why she'd get called out for breaking the rules. I hope they keep it up. They aren't going to help if they wind up overscoring and overpraising her as the weeks go on. Kirstie may not be the strongest dancer, but she did better than Bristol this week, and Maks stuck to the rules. There's no one left anywhere near as bad as Bristol. I'd say dance wise, Sabrina, Gilles, and Apolo are out in front, with Melissa and Emmitt rounding out the top 5. Shawn isn't really impressing me all that much so far, but I know she's capable. Seeing Kelly's season 1 clip vs what she's like now makes me realize just how much she's improved. I hope she manages to make it a few weeks. Same with Helio. I think Kirstie/Maks have some idea the deck is stacked against them, and their time may be short lived this time around.

The thing about split voting, if it impacts the votes at all, is that whoever is voting for Bristol likely isn't voting for anyone else. After the backlash the show got the first time, I can see why people would want to vote for her just to rile everyone up. The show deserves every negative thing it gets. I hope they regret bringing her back. Kristi Yamaguchi and Mya were passed up, and they wanted to come back. I'm sure they weren't the only ones on the female side passed over.
    ness, anemone, nanarama and 1 others like this.

FORT Fogey

She is kid seeking to cash in on some notriety. Not a big deal, really. Sshe isn't going to win.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Kristi Yamaguchi and Mya were passed up, and they wanted to come back. I'm sure they weren't the only ones on the female side passed over.
    This shocks me especially about Kristi, Kara. I was just thinking today that she is the one woman who could really challenge Emmitt and Apolo in terms of both dancing and fan base and Gilles in terms of ability and it would have been great to see her dance again. I just assumed they asked her and she wasn't interested.

ETA: I have to log out now but keep up hope everyone that a good dancer will prevail.
    Last edited by chrisg; 10-02-2012 at 10:41 PM.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

FORT Fogey

Kristi wanted to come back and they bypassed her for Bristol? Oh good grief! I'm not inclined to feel sorry for Mark, but he partnered Kristi too. I can't imagine if he were given the choice that he wouldn't have vastly preferred working with Kristi again, who, beyond being far more talented than Bristol, wasn't even remotely controversial.

I could sort of see the show worrying about casting Mya again, because of the flap over whether she had too much experience to be cast, but Kristi? Considering the fact that it seems to me that the deck is stacked in favor of male stars--their weakest player, so to speak, is stronger than the weaker women dancers--you'd think they'd want another woman who was a former winner back over one of the worst dancers to ever make the final three.
    ness likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg View Post
    This shocks me especially about Kristi, Kara. I was just thinking today that she is the one woman who could really challenge Emmitt and Apolo in terms of both dancing and fan base and Gilles in terms of ability and it would have been great to see her dance again. I just assumed they asked her and she wasn't interested.

ETA: I have to log out now but keep up hope everyone, group hug.
    And yet they bring in Pam Anderson and Kirstie who are are( along with Bristol) weaker than those two? something smells
    Shoepie likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

BTW . . .

News flash to Bristol . . .

Honey, if all you ever wind up getting is sixes, there's a VERY good REASON for that . . .

YOU CAN'T DANCE WELL!!!!!!!!!

DUH!!!!!!
    AZChristian and jucamer like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    And yet they bring in Pam Anderson and Kirstie who are are( along with Bristol) weaker than those two? something smells
    It's been smelling like a corpse outside in the noonday sun ever since the cast announcements were made.
    Shoepie likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread